What does everyone think of Touch ID after using it for a while now?

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
That's crap... mine works 99% of the time, and when it doesn't its usually my fault. Or may I did overkill and scanned each thumb twice to weigh out how frequently ill be slightly off on edges. Not sure if that's incorrect way of using it but it works well. However if it only worked 1/7 times I could see it being annoying.
When it works it works great. But when it smudges up that's when it seems to send me to passcode. I may take it to the apple store and have it looked at. But the phone works fine except for that.

nyry

May 31, 2012
Visit site
It really works well. Before I got my phone I really brushed it off as a gimmicky feature with very little use, but it just works so well (almost every time) and its such a great way to keep security simple yet secure :)

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I've been against touchid from the start but I'm giving it an honest try. Guess it's really just a matter or re-training old habits. One day in and not so bad.

Edit: Nevermind. Experienced several times where it didn't recognize my thumb, again, and that was enough. Back to no touchid and no passcode.

Last edited:

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
It's awesome. I like security, but hate putting in the password every time I want to use my phone. The touch sensor makes unloving easy.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I have a company phone with a strong password, so touch id is a really cool feature. This is one feature that apple has really taken the lead.

As other posters have mentioned it's not 100% but good enough for government work.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
In the week I have had my phone as stated in a a thread I started here just today without great detail I find the Touch ID feature useful and become more use to it every day. I set it up at the Applestore but in a day shut it off. I thought I did not give it a fair chance and turned it back on - Not I am use to it and will more than likely keep it active and use it.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
That's crap... mine works 99% of the time, and when it doesn't its usually my fault. Or may I did overkill and scanned each thumb twice to weigh out how frequently ill be slightly off on edges. Not sure if that's incorrect way of using it but it works well. However if it only worked 1/7 times I could see it being annoying.
If you simply would have answered the quote and left out the first 2 words, It would and still is a good answer, I don't think you needed to answer a fellow member starting your answer the way you did. Just think on it. :) That is no way to answer another member.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
If you simply would have answered the quote and left out the first 2 words, It would and still is a good answer, I don't think you needed to answer a fellow member starting your answer the way you did. Just think on it. :) That is no way to answer another member.

Agreed!!

mrnserv

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
A nice feature that works very well. I find myself trying to use it on my Air and Mini and then when it doesn't work realize they don't have it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site

Sorry? If you could rephrase the point...you cannot be commenting on the term i used "That's crap"...are you?

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Sorry? If you could rephrase the point...you cannot be commenting on the term i used "That's crap"...are you?

When I read your response, I took 'that's crap' to mean the situation the person you were quoting was experiencing. As if to say, 'that is crappy that is happening to you and sucks that you are experiencing that' and not, 'what you are saying is a load of crap'.

But I think others are interpreting it as the latter.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2