What does everyone think of Touch ID after using it for a while now?

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Love it.

Love that you can use it to make purchases in the App Store and iTunes on the phone. Way more convenient than typing the password.

MacintoshDan

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I don't think about it, so it works as Apple intended.

2012 21" iMac
2012 11" MacBook Air
16 GB Space Gray AT&T iPhone 5s
16 GB Space Gray AT&T iPad Air

trmoney24

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
can't wait for this feature to open up to 3rd party apps. logging in to my bank apps, etc., will be much easier with this vs typing in a password. then it is going to be super useful!
one thing that is annoying is having to type in your password when you get an app if you have restarted the phone. since mine crashes every so often, seems like i am typing the password more than i am scanning my fingers.

wamsille

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Not sure so I would want my bank (Regions) to have the ability to tie into Apple's fingerprint recognition hardware or software. I just found out the other day that the bank outsources it's check imaging and mobile deposit feature to an outside company. No, I'm not bothered by outsourcing but it's the thought of "yet another entity" having access to my info. Given how they can arbitrarily refuse to accept a deposit done through my phone's app and provide no reason, I would hate for them to say they refused the scan of my fingerprint because it wasn't up to their decidedly inconsistent standards.

/rant

Ricky Ramadhan

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I find it very useful not because I need to secure my phone but because it is the fastest method of unlocking the phone I have ever come across :) not to mention that it is very unobtrusive. I barely even notice it is there. That was what Apple was aiming for , technology that simply disappears.
Thats right bro, most innovation method to unlocking the phone and most secure also ;)

Really hope it become implement at ipad, but not yet :(

iwoodland

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Love it. Mine has to lock due to exchange server with work emails. This means having to unlock many times a day. Now it is like having an unlocked phone all the time as there is no time lag when clicking the home button.

RollTideFanGrl

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Had my phone for over a month now and decided to use it last week..I actually like and find it VERY useful..Got tired of typing the password since I had it set for 1 minute...

Larry Pager

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
After using it, I'd say it works flawlessly 50-60% of the time which is annoying.
I just put in another set of thumbprints in iOS.
BUT... it still takes less time and effort than having to type in a password or pin number.

I still like it. It makes my phone more secure than no passcode or touchID.

dianahk

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I love it. I made a more complicated password I rarely use. I have four digits scanned in and hubby gets one. I also love it too much for purchases. :)

idigcoal

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I Love It - I have to use a six digit passcode for my use at work to receive emails and it is great - also good for talking on hands free device in car when you need to unlock the phone

jkel777

Banned
Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I think it's awesome and super convenient. I can just use the home button to unlock my device right to the home screen, all while keeping it more secure.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I personally don't care for it and recently stopped using it altogether.

Did it frustrate or become an obstacle to you in any way? Do you use a passcode instead or you just don't lock it? I just find it seamless and don't get why anyone wouldn't use it.

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
So I've been BlackBerry guy forever for both work and personal devices. Recently switched to iPhone 5s for personal phone and actually think both fingerprint scanner and 4 digit pass code are GREAT. On BlackBerry, it had to be an actual password. Wasn't so bad with legacy devices with keyboard but for Z10 (which has awesome virtual keyboard) unlocking was painful!!! I love fingerprint scanner, but even without it, a simple 4 digit numerical option is great too.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Did it frustrate or become an obstacle to you in any way? Do you use a passcode instead or you just don't lock it? I just find it seamless and don't get why anyone wouldn't use it.

From my experience it doesn't it work everytime. I noticed if I kept it clean it works but If it has a
Smudge on it it sends me to my passcode. Frustrating at times.

MzDee

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I love it. It's been working flawlessly for me since day one. It really comes in handy in the App Store. No more having to type in my password to download an app.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
From my experience it doesn't it work everytime. I noticed if I kept it clean it works but If it has a
Smudge on it it sends me to my passcode. Frustrating at times.

That's crap... mine works 99% of the time, and when it doesn't its usually my fault. Or may I did overkill and scanned each thumb twice to weigh out how frequently ill be slightly off on edges. Not sure if that's incorrect way of using it but it works well. However if it only worked 1/7 times I could see it being annoying.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2