Not sure so I would want my bank (Regions) to have the ability to tie into Apple's fingerprint recognition hardware or software. I just found out the other day that the bank outsources it's check imaging and mobile deposit feature to an outside company. No, I'm not bothered by outsourcing but it's the thought of "yet another entity" having access to my info. Given how they can arbitrarily refuse to accept a deposit done through my phone's app and provide no reason, I would hate for them to say they refused the scan of my fingerprint because it wasn't up to their decidedly inconsistent standards.

/rant
    11-22-2013 05:02 PM
    I find it very useful not because I need to secure my phone but because it is the fastest method of unlocking the phone I have ever come across not to mention that it is very unobtrusive. I barely even notice it is there. That was what Apple was aiming for , technology that simply disappears.
    Thats right bro, most innovation method to unlocking the phone and most secure also

Really hope it become implement at ipad, but not yet
    11-22-2013 08:59 PM
    Love it. Mine has to lock due to exchange server with work emails. This means having to unlock many times a day. Now it is like having an unlocked phone all the time as there is no time lag when clicking the home button.
    Rocket_Girl likes this.
    11-23-2013 03:24 AM
    I personally don't care for it and recently stopped using it altogether.
    Same here!
    11-23-2013 03:59 AM
    Had my phone for over a month now and decided to use it last week..I actually like and find it VERY useful..Got tired of typing the password since I had it set for 1 minute...
    11-23-2013 05:11 AM
    After using it, I'd say it works flawlessly 50-60% of the time which is annoying.
    I just put in another set of thumbprints in iOS.
    BUT... it still takes less time and effort than having to type in a password or pin number.

I still like it. It makes my phone more secure than no passcode or touchID.
    11-23-2013 10:33 AM
    I love it. I made a more complicated password I rarely use. I have four digits scanned in and hubby gets one. I also love it too much for purchases.
    11-23-2013 11:16 AM
    I Love It - I have to use a six digit passcode for my use at work to receive emails and it is great - also good for talking on hands free device in car when you need to unlock the phone
    11-23-2013 11:59 AM
    I think it's awesome and super convenient. I can just use the home button to unlock my device right to the home screen, all while keeping it more secure.
    11-23-2013 12:52 PM
    Did it frustrate or become an obstacle to you in any way? Do you use a passcode instead or you just don't lock it? I just find it seamless and don't get why anyone wouldn't use it.
    11-23-2013 01:10 PM
    So I've been BlackBerry guy forever for both work and personal devices. Recently switched to iPhone 5s for personal phone and actually think both fingerprint scanner and 4 digit pass code are GREAT. On BlackBerry, it had to be an actual password. Wasn't so bad with legacy devices with keyboard but for Z10 (which has awesome virtual keyboard) unlocking was painful!!! I love fingerprint scanner, but even without it, a simple 4 digit numerical option is great too.
    11-23-2013 01:33 PM
    Did it frustrate or become an obstacle to you in any way? Do you use a passcode instead or you just don't lock it? I just find it seamless and don't get why anyone wouldn't use it.
    From my experience it doesn't it work everytime. I noticed if I kept it clean it works but If it has a
    Smudge on it it sends me to my passcode. Frustrating at times.
    11-23-2013 01:53 PM
    From my experience it doesn't it work everytime. I noticed if I kept it clean it works but If it has a
    90% of the time it works every time. Wait, what the?

Sent from my iPhone 5s on VZW from Philly
    11-23-2013 11:36 PM
    I love it. It's been working flawlessly for me since day one. It really comes in handy in the App Store. No more having to type in my password to download an app.
    11-24-2013 12:14 AM
    I really like it, I hate that Apple didn't add it to the iPad Air.
    Rocket_Girl likes this.
    11-24-2013 12:18 AM
    That's crap... mine works 99% of the time, and when it doesn't its usually my fault. Or may I did overkill and scanned each thumb twice to weigh out how frequently ill be slightly off on edges. Not sure if that's incorrect way of using it but it works well. However if it only worked 1/7 times I could see it being annoying.
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    11-24-2013 12:24 AM
    That's crap... mine works 99% of the time, and when it doesn't its usually my fault. Or may I did overkill and scanned each thumb twice to weigh out how frequently ill be slightly off on edges. Not sure if that's incorrect way of using it but it works well. However if it only worked 1/7 times I could see it being annoying.
    When it works it works great. But when it smudges up that's when it seems to send me to passcode. I may take it to the apple store and have it looked at. But the phone works fine except for that.
    11-24-2013 10:13 AM
    It really works well. Before I got my phone I really brushed it off as a gimmicky feature with very little use, but it just works so well (almost every time) and its such a great way to keep security simple yet secure
    11-24-2013 11:20 AM
    New iOS update should fix some scanning issues apparently.
    11-24-2013 12:22 PM
    I've been against touchid from the start but I'm giving it an honest try. Guess it's really just a matter or re-training old habits. One day in and not so bad.

Edit: Nevermind. Experienced several times where it didn't recognize my thumb, again, and that was enough. Back to no touchid and no passcode.
    Last edited by finn5975; 11-24-2013 at 04:41 PM.
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    11-24-2013 12:43 PM
    It's awesome. I like security, but hate putting in the password every time I want to use my phone. The touch sensor makes unloving easy.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    11-24-2013 01:41 PM
    I have a company phone with a strong password, so touch id is a really cool feature. This is one feature that apple has really taken the lead.

As other posters have mentioned it's not 100% but good enough for government work.
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    11-24-2013 02:41 PM
    In the week I have had my phone as stated in a a thread I started here just today without great detail I find the Touch ID feature useful and become more use to it every day. I set it up at the Applestore but in a day shut it off. I thought I did not give it a fair chance and turned it back on - Not I am use to it and will more than likely keep it active and use it.
    11-24-2013 04:08 PM
    Sorry IR you don't find it to your liking but who knows what time will do where you find you might need it.
    11-24-2013 04:11 PM
    If you simply would have answered the quote and left out the first 2 words, It would and still is a good answer, I don't think you needed to answer a fellow member starting your answer the way you did. Just think on it. That is no way to answer another member.
    11-24-2013 04:18 PM
60 123