College students get free Service

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The good thing is that Sprint's service is so bad, people will probably struggle to find service TO use 1GB of data, lol!

Perhaps it's the cynic in me, but part of college (at least in my opinion) was getting away from the "free handout" life style, and learning to survive. This is nice of them to offer (even if it's most likely for a monetary benefit to both companies in the end regardless), but to me it's just holding a kids hand for a little bit longer, so to speak.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
The good thing is that Sprint's service is so bad, people will probably struggle to find service TO use 1GB of data, lol!

Perhaps it's the cynic in me, but part of college (at least in my opinion) was getting away from the "free handout" life style, and learning to survive. This is nice of them to offer (even if it's most likely for a monetary benefit to both companies in the end regardless), but to me it's just holding a kids hand for a little bit longer, so to speak.

Welcome to the new world we live in

bxnextel86

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

And it 10 to add unlimited data. Sprint in NYC is good. I get about 30 mb down. Just bc sprint is bad in ur area doesn't mean sprint is bad

dtblair24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeah sprint aint so bad when you live in a good market. In Atlanta they are just as good as the rest. But in my college down they were absolutely horrible. I used to wonder how they could legally sell phones and service with such horrible coverage and speeds. Though they recently started building up the 4G network, so they are making some progress.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
And it 10 to add unlimited data. Sprint in NYC is good. I get about 30 mb down. Just bc sprint is bad in ur area doesn't mean sprint is bad

Yeah sprint aint so bad when you live in a good market. In Atlanta they are just as good as the rest. But in my college down they were absolutely horrible. I used to wonder how they could legally sell phones and service with such horrible coverage and speeds. Though they recently started building up the 4G network, so they are making some progress.

lol...I wasn't just assuming it was bad on a wide spread level because it's bad in my area...Sprint's LTE network is abysmal at best, and still hasn't been fully activated in many large markets yet (which is hilarious, since the other two carriers had had 4G service for quite some time now in all of these areas). My work phone used to use Sprint service up until last year when they were all switched to Verizon...Sprint's service in Atlanta and the surrounding areas is TERRIBLE. I'm speaking from experience, not opinion...I wish Sprint's service and high speed data were more developed, as I would switch back to them in a heart beat for the pricing plans they offer...but that's just it, when Sprint does actually get on par with the other big two carriers, they'll drop their unlimited data plans as well. It's easy to offer unlimited data when you're offering inferior data service.

Also, to speak specifically about NYC...I visit NYC often, and quite a bit in 2012 actually because of work. Downtown, both my Sprint work phone and AT&T personal phone worked flawlessly, but as we drove up to CT one of the trips, my personal phone was having to be used as my work phone because my Sprint phone simply wasn't getting service almost at all outside of the city (spotty service at best, not to mention no high speed data).

Enough people find Sprint's service inferior to AT&T and Verizon's to make Sprint's iPhone's lose more value and much quicker than the other two provider's versions, and why Sprint has to go to great lengths (IE: discounted devices) to get people to even sign up with them.

dtblair24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
lol...I wasn't just assuming it was bad on a wide spread level because it's bad in my area...Sprint's LTE network is abysmal at best, and still hasn't been fully activated in many large markets yet (which is hilarious, since the other two carriers had had 4G service for quite some time now in all of these areas). My work phone used to use Sprint service up until last year when they were all switched to Verizon...Sprint's service in Atlanta and the surrounding areas is TERRIBLE. I'm speaking from experience, not opinion...I wish Sprint's service and high speed data were more developed, as I would switch back to them in a heart beat for the pricing plans they offer...but that's just it, when Sprint does actually get on par with the other big two carriers, they'll drop their unlimited data plans as well. It's easy to offer unlimited data when you're offering inferior data service.

Also, to speak specifically about NYC...I visit NYC often, and quite a bit in 2012 actually because of work. Downtown, both my Sprint work phone and AT&T personal phone worked flawlessly, but as we drove up to CT one of the trips, my personal phone was having to be used as my work phone because my Sprint phone simply wasn't getting service almost at all outside of the city (spotty service at best, not to mention no high speed data).

Enough people find Sprint's service inferior to AT&T and Verizon's to make Sprint's iPhone's lose more value and much quicker than the other two provider's versions, and why Sprint has to go to great lengths (IE: discounted devices) to get people to even sign up with them.

Wow where at in atlanta? I always experienced great service? Alpharetta and Buckhead have always been good for me. As well as downtown. Don't really spend enough time in other areas though.

I did have a lucky non typical experience though. Even back when they had that WiMAX crap I had 4G at home lol. I know 99 percent of sprint users were not that fortunate.

EauRouge

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
\

Just to jump to the defence of students here...

Sometimes you need a little "free handout" TO survive.

But realistically most students can survive without ... its just nice to be able to grab a six pack on the weekend to help unwind a little bit

nyry

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Best buy and sprint have a offer. Get free service for a year if u are a college student.
View attachment 42936

Let me clarify this promo:

1. This is a best buy exclusive promo, you cannot get this deal in any other store, including sprint stores

2. To get free service you must:
a. buy a phone at full retail for sprint,you cannot bring in your own phone
b. be a student of some sort (5 years or older) and have the paperwork to prove it to sprint

3. you can add unlimited data as well for 10 bucks a month

4. you can recommend sprint to friends,and for every refferal, you get another year of free service up to 9 years.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Let me clarify this promo:

1. This is a best buy exclusive promo, you cannot get this deal in any other store, including sprint stores

2. To get free service you must:
a. buy a phone at full retail for sprint,you cannot bring in your own phone
b. be a student of some sort (5 years or older) and have the paperwork to prove it to sprint

3. you can add unlimited data as well for 10 bucks a month

4. you can recommend sprint to friends,and for every refferal, you get another year of free service up to 9 years.

Actually it's not retail price. It's lower then the retail price but more than the contract price. Say for example. A gs4 outright cost 699.99 you'd get it for 549.99 but you still get a year of service free saving you at least 70 dollars a month for 12 months.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77