Do you regret getting a Gold iPhone 5s?

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Chick color, lol. Gold represents anything but absolute femininity. Tell that to Mr. T. It's gender neutral, period. I've had black and white iPhones in the past, so this time I went with the Gold version. May go back to black/space gray or try white/silver next time, but for now GOLD is King in my book.

Sent from my iPhone 5s on VZW from Philly

Seriously Mr.T?, that's a stretch ... The gold iPhone 5S might as well come with a bedazzled case, a Pumpkin Spice Latte, and a pair of UGGs.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I was going to get a gold one but I decided to get the space grey instead. I'm glad I didn't. I think that I would have gotten sick of the gold model.

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Seriously Mr.T?, that's a stretch ... The gold iPhone 5S might as well come with a bedazzled case, a Pumpkin Spice Latte, and a pair of UGGs.

No, not seriously. It was a joke, that's all. Regardless, I don't see it as your description portrays it. I think all 3 colors are just fine. I chose Gold cause I've had others before, that's all. Next phone might be. Space gray or silver. I'm actually hoping they make one in Gun Metal...

Sent from my iPhone 5s on VZW from Philly

ngc

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I didn't regret because I went ahead and ordered the Space Gray instead of the Gold. I had to see them in person to make the desicion though...

Boobie12

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Got the gold, then thought I would like space gray better. But man oh man I was wrong. I hate that they went away with slate option. I loved that...looked like batman. After a day got sick of space gray and am back on gold and loving it.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
No regrets for me. Originally had the space grey at launch and was able to get the gold just last week. Completely smitten by it it's so beautiful! I love it.

DarkBlade_95

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I got the black one. I think the gold is pretty classy, but I prefer the subtle look of the black. Plus, this is my first black phone and I'm a fan of the new black faceplate.

I also like the grey metal mixed in with the black glass. Gives it a 'Batman' look, and the lighter tone of the metal lends a slight shine to the phone.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

LadiJae

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I had never seen the gold one in person before ordering cause the stores never had them. It doesn't look as striking in person as it does online but I don't regret it

I've only had mines for two days and love it. My hubby has the dark one

~Jae~
iPhone 5s Gold

Pete Lao

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
The home button ring in the front of the gold and silver models are too shiny and elegant for taste. Especially when you have a case on the phone. Without the case the sides compliment the home button well and it's less distracting IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jasonprice

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I just picked up my 5s this weekend and I just couldn't pull the trigger on the gold one. After my last two iPhones were white, the black is a nice switch. Easier on the eyes when using for long periods.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I just picked up my 5s this weekend and I just couldn't pull the trigger on the gold one. After my last two iPhones were white, the black is a nice switch. Easier on the eyes when using for long periods.

I have also had white iPhones and iPads in the past and decided to go with Space grey on this one. I really like my color choice.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums mobile app

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I decided to go with the GOLD, and NO regrets. It's different and an eye catcher. It's one of the main reasons I even looked at the iphone seriously. Every time someone looks at it, there is a certain WOW in there eyes and the statement that follows "I shound have gotten the GOLD" or "I should have waited". NO regrets whats so ever

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I decided to go with the GOLD, and NO regrets. It's different and an eye catcher. It's one of the main reasons I even looked at the iphone seriously. Every time someone looks at it, there is a certain WOW in there eyes and the statement that follows "I shound have gotten the GOLD" or "I should have waited". NO regrets whats so ever

Is your phone naked?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Is your phone naked?

Some days yes and some days no, however I do have Zagg Invisible Shield HD on front and back. I also have the BLACK Mophie Juice Pack Air (waiting for other cases via Amazon)

Terb

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Only regret I had was getting a silver first, but that all ended up working out 😁

Loving the gold & keeping it in a clear Spigen case 👍👍

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Wanted the Gold since the beginning and it looks great

Gold is the new white just ask HTC

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB