Should the "last time reset" area not have a date/time?

wamsille

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Worried my phone that I bought "new" from AT&T last week is not actually new.

Edit:

Under Reset Statistics, the last reset was done on 10/31/2013 @ 6:56pm. Not sure if this is an Apple thing or if the store took a return from a customer and put it back into general stock.

Last edited:

Chris Parsons

Oct 30, 2007
Visit site
Hmm, I'm not sure. Can't say I ever really checked mine. Is the device working properly otherwise though and did it have all the packaging/wrapping when you purchased it?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Worried my phone that I bought "new" from AT&T last week is not actually new.

Edit:

Under Reset Statistics, the last reset was done on 10/31/2013 @ 6:56pm. Not sure if this is an Apple thing or if the store took a return from a customer and put it back into general stock.

Did you restore your device from a backup? Is it possible that that information came from your backup? I am not saying that it did (or should), just asking if it’s possibly the reason...

wamsille

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I bought the phone last Wednesday evening from an AT&T store. They were actually an authorized dealer (previously a corporate store) however I have no reason other than what is on my iPhone to indicate something shady was going on.

Up until this point I did not have an iPhone linked to an Apple ID associated with me. This is my very first iPhone. Normally yes, I do open up the retail packaging on the phones I purchase myself and begin the process of assembling and activating the device on my account - I don't let anyone do that for me as trivial as that sounds. Most people don't believe that my email is run through Google Apps, so past Android purchases have always been programmed by me.

Should I ask AT&T? I don't want to approach the store without the facts - I was never told by the store that the phone was previously used / returned into their stock.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
All companies have to send opened iPhones back to Apple for it to be tested and repackaged, AT&T can't restock themselves. That's why they charge a restocking fee if you return the phone.

However, this is the date that Apple more than likely packaged your phone and sent it on its way. They do test prior, to make sure the phone is working. Mine says Sept 25th.

ezemu8ab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

wamsille

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
All companies have to send opened iPhones back to Apple for it to be tested and repackaged, AT&T can't restock themselves. That's why they charge a restocking fee if you return the phone.

However, this is the date that Apple more than likely packaged your phone and sent it out. Mine says Sept 25th.

Settings > Cellular > scroll to the bottom "Reset Statistics" and below that will show Last Reset: Month, Day , Year , Time

Considering I got the phone on 11/13, I don't know why it would say 10/31/13

xoayr

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
That's odd.. Maybe It isn't as "new" as they claimed.. I just got my 5S yesterday and my "Last Reset" was 'Nov 18, 2013, 4:42 PM' which is right when I got it and turned it on.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Settings > Cellular > scroll to the bottom "Reset Statistics" and below that will show Last Reset: Month, Day , Year , Time

Considering I got the phone on 11/13, I don't know why it would say 10/31/13

I updated my post with a picture. I didn't receive this 5s until Oct 31st.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro