I obviously know that when a new iPhone comes out the camera gets better and better. You don't really realize it until you compare the 5s with the older iPhones. I was outside on a roof deck last night in pretty much pitch black and my friend snapped a pic with his 4s and you get the usual grey blurry pic from not having enough light outside. He then took the same pic with my 5s in the dark and the picture quality was unreal. so clear so crisp ext. i was impressed being outside in the dark and seeing the camera on that phone make the pic look so clear. just thought id share
    11-17-2013 12:25 PM
    Yes the iPhone 5s camera is the best I have used thus far. I couldn't remember the last time I took another external camera with me on trips, work, etc..
    11-17-2013 12:42 PM
    how the picture looked on my phone after being pitch black outside was impressive
    11-17-2013 12:45 PM
    everyone says the 5s flash is a long flash is that true? whats the cause?
    11-17-2013 12:46 PM
    11-17-2013 12:49 PM
    Apple explains this very well.

Apple - iPhone*5s - iSight Camera
    Nice link.
    11-17-2013 02:31 PM
    I just bought the 5 S ( my first iPhone) and still learning how to use it. Last night I thought I would use the camera in a completely dark room with the flash. Well let me tell ya, when the flash went off it lit up the whole room. I was very impressed with the result of the picture. 
    11-17-2013 04:16 PM
    Picked up my iPhone 5s today, sold my Lumina 920...first time back to iPhone since 3G. The 920 used to be incredible for pictures but ever since the GDR2 update months ago very inconsistent accuracy and sharpness. Been playing with my 5s today, man this camera is always taking solid shots...I no longer have to hope the picture comes out good
    11-17-2013 06:08 PM
    Congrats on scoring the 5s chezm. Enjoy.

#Naked Tuesday
    chezm likes this.
    11-17-2013 07:06 PM
    Picked up my iPhone 5s today, sold my Lumina 920...first time back to iPhone since 3G. The 920 used to be incredible for pictures but ever since the GDR2 update months ago very inconsistent accuracy and sharpness. Been playing with my 5s today, man this camera is always taking solid shots...I no longer have to hope the picture comes out good
    That's interesting, considering everyone looks to the Lumia for their cameras.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    11-17-2013 07:45 PM
    That's interesting, considering everyone looks to the Lumia for their cameras.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    Yes, it just seems they developed the latest builds on the Pro Cam released with the L1020...I will admit I know nothing about photography but the simplicity of the stock app was awesome. Over the last few months I've been playing around with the settings and maybe it was my phone, but the photo taking experience changed. With the stability of the lens, pictures were more and more coming out blurry... if the object wasn't completely STILL, the picture would blur... this was not the case when I first got the phone. Anyway, I'm not here to bash Nokia or 920 as I really liked a lot about the device... but the camera experience was just lost and it was a major point for me. Anyway, after a lot of reviews and online comparisons I decided to give 5s a try since the reviews of the camera were excellent. So I'm here, thoroughly happy about my choice so far.
    11-17-2013 08:58 PM
    I have really enjoyed using the camera on my 5s. I can definitely tell the difference where it is improved since the 4s.
    11-18-2013 09:44 AM
    5s camera FTW!!!
    11-18-2013 11:49 AM
    I find myself using my iPhone 5s as a camera much more than I used any of my previous devices, the photos look fantastic. And I love the quick shutter.
    11-18-2013 11:55 AM
    Is it comparable with the nokia's 41 mp camera? or is it better?!
    11-18-2013 08:35 PM
    iSight is a big beast
    11-18-2013 09:01 PM
    Has anyone taken pictures of fast moving objects like running dogs? I tried and all the shots came out blurry. This was in daylight. I've only had the 5s for a few days, maybe i'm not used to it.
    11-18-2013 09:22 PM
    The camera is definitely something to brag about...I love it!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    11-18-2013 09:25 PM
    i seen this artical on that check this friends about iphone camera result
    iClarified - Apple News - Camera Comparison: iPhone 5 vs. iPhone 5c vs. iPhone 5s [Photos]
    11-19-2013 12:29 AM
    5s camera is new revolutionary on smartphone cam
    I think next iphone can serve x-ray camera after make touch id
    LoL

Looks like a spy smartphone
    11-19-2013 03:53 AM
    Is it comparable with the nokia's 41 mp camera? or is it better?!
    I havent used a Lumia 1020 (the 41MP camera) in real life situations (tested at store), i watched many comparison online videos and although the 5s isn't directly comparable...it does a very good job of competing. It definitely snaps pictures quicker and the overall experience easier, whereas the 1020 seems to require strong focus and manipulation. I would personally say the 5s is the point/click superior camera device, whereas the 1020 is the focus/photographer leader.
    11-19-2013 10:38 AM
    I havent used a Lumia 1020 (the 41MP camera) in real life situations (tested at store), i watched many comparison online videos and although the 5s isn't directly comparable...it does a very good job of competing. It definitely snaps pictures quicker and the overall experience easier, whereas the 1020 seems to require strong focus and manipulation. I would personally say the 5s is the point/click superior camera device, whereas the 1020 is the focus/photographer leader.
    I've personally owned the 1020 and I can comment on a few things here:

Nokia put out a really great camera for the 1020. The gymnastics it can do compared to the competition in order to capture an image is unmatched. Where the Lumia 1020 excels is in its ability to take an image and manage it after the fact. Now what do I mean by that:

Let's take the obvious example that Nokia has been using for their in-store displays and look at a shot featuring some hot air balloons. You take a wide shot, zoomed out showing 3-4 hot air balloons within your immediate area. Instead of snapping individuals photos for each balloon and crew, the one shoot captures enough detail for someone to zoom in on specific details of the photo and in effect create a new picture. Cropping a 1020 photo compared to some of the lesser cameraphones of 2013 and 2012 will show you how much better optics have become.

On the flip side, say you took a picture of your now ex-girlfriend and in the main shot zoomed in on her cheating, smiley face. Previous phones would have only captured the zoomed shot and nothing more. The Lumia 1020 captures the zoomed photo, however you can then zoom out and see the rest of the photo. The post processing that can then be done to remove your ex-girlfriend and focus on the rest of the shoot in-app is wonderful.

It is a shame that the 1020 is hampered by an OS that at times is too simple for its own good and a convoluted series of chained camera applications (Lenses) that opened slowly and had the potential to result in missed opportunities and photos that were out of focus or were taken with a lens that doesn't have the full 41MP oversampled image to manipulate. (Because of speed concerns)

If you are taking photos of subjects with the 1020 in a controlled environment and have intent behind your shots, the results are very good. If you are casually snapping up pictures of everyday events you may come away disappointed or have fewer "keepers" because of the shutter lag and post-processing done on the Lumia to process the image you just took.
    chezm and chobits like this.
    11-19-2013 12:04 PM
    Also wanted to add that the camera grip accessory from Nokia is a worthwhile accessory that will add some legitimacy to your shots and give you some extra juice between charges. If the camera grip itself offered a layer of protection I would have never removed it from the 1020 while I had it. Also, I don't care what people say - the 1020 was heavier than any other smartphone currently available. The weight was relevant to what was packed into the device and the materials used in construction, so the trade-offs were worth the benefits.
    Balti43 likes this.
    11-19-2013 03:58 PM
    This is probably one of the top three reasons I'm considering leaving my Android cocoon for iOS (again). I've got a Galaxy S4 right now and it does take some pretty good pictures, but TouchWiz is growing old with me. But when you look at other Android phones, all of them seem to have some camera issue that I can't get passed. I have an 11 year old and a 1 year old and pictures/videos are so important to me. I usually only have my phone with me for pictures, and I HATE missing a great shot just because of a slow or bad camera. I kind of assumed that this camera would be great but it's reassuring that so many of you love it and can sing its praises.
    11-20-2013 10:55 AM
    This is probably one of the top three reasons I'm considering leaving my Android cocoon for iOS (again). I've got a Galaxy S4 right now and it does take some pretty good pictures, but TouchWiz is growing old with me. But when you look at other Android phones, all of them seem to have some camera issue that I can't get passed. I have an 11 year old and a 1 year old and pictures/videos are so important to me. I usually only have my phone with me for pictures, and I HATE missing a great shot just because of a slow or bad camera. I kind of assumed that this camera would be great but it's reassuring that so many of you love it and can sing its praises.
    My sister in law has a Galaxy S 4...and she said the exact same thing. When we went to my nieces Tai Kwan Do belt ceremony, she was trying to take pictures of her and the other students presenting different moves to the audience. She was getting really terrible pictures...all the while I was able to snap off tons with the burst mode, and also, record HD video and pull some really nice shots out of that as well (something I'm sure she could also do with the GS4, but was getting frustrated trying to navigate to get to different functions).

She's actually selling it this weekend and going to buy an iPhone 5S. She said she still doesn't care for the OS (though she's only used it a handful of times on other people's devices), but she said if things like photography and video are at the level I was showing her, combined with the ease of use within iOS to do it, it would be a tiny trade off for her vs. the plus side.
    Wildo6882 likes this.
    11-21-2013 07:58 AM
32 12