Bidding on a 5s on EBay

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
How high should I go the reserve isn't yet met but I got two days to put some thought behind it

It's the storage size I need and the seller has 100% positive feedback
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1384634012.873294.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5

Oofa

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Check what recent auctions of iPhone 5s have sold for on eBay. You can get a round-about idea of what the going price is and bid in that area. I always hesitate to bid on anything with a reserve price on it. It's usually too high and I end up finding a better deal if I either bid on something without reserve or just go for a buy-it-now price that I feel is comfortable for me.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
If he goes to $600 today, tomorrow someone could do $700. By then it could be high enough that he can go to an Apple store to buy it for $849. Sometimes bidders forget the purpose of bidding. Lol

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

I didn't say he should do that now. I am fully aware on how to bid on eBay.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If he goes to $600 today, tomorrow someone could do $700. By then it could be high enough that he can go to an Apple store to buy it for $849. Sometimes bidders forget the purpose of bidding. Lol

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

What difference would it make? Even used Sprint 5S's are going for close to retail, so he'd be saving money regardless...A person should always place a bid on eBay with the highest amount they are willing to spend off the bat, that way you don't torture yourself in bidding wars (and you don't spend more than you're wanting to)...as proxy bidding goes, it's simply a safe and convenient way to get something for your own pre-set price (which, in this case, will probably need to be closer to retail because of the demand on the 5S across the spectrum).

barrcuda70

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
What difference would it make? Even used Sprint 5S's are going for close to retail, so he'd be saving money regardless...A person should always place a bid on eBay with the highest amount they are willing to spend off the bat, that way you don't torture yourself in bidding wars (and you don't spend more than you're wanting to)...as proxy bidding goes, it's simply a safe and convenient way to get something for your own pre-set price (which, in this case, will probably need to be closer to retail because of the demand on the 5S across the spectrum).

Agreed

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I've been watching four auctions on similar iPhones and the last one a Gold 64GB went to the highest bidder for 795.00 dollars brand new so I'm assuming the reserve on my bid will be in the 750 range but it's really impossible to tell the reserve it not yet met with one day remaining so I'm gonna keep my bid at 500.00 dollars on this auction and most likely go for a buy it now for around this price range
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1384746382.747075.jpg
I don't like to pay full price for anything

Sent from my iPhone 5

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I just saw the end date on that gold 5S, lol...that guy is going to make some major cash! :D

The gold 5S's are dropping like rocks in value though. A day after I sold mine before getting my space grey model, I saw the average drop like $50, and was like phew!

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
The guy just threw up the buy it now price
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1384749886.796020.jpg

He must be sweating cause the bids are low and he appears to have gotten it as a gift
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1384749985.378709.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
The guy just threw up the buy it now price
View attachment 42601

He must be sweating cause the bids are low and he appears to have gotten it as a gift
View attachment 42602

Sent from my iPhone 5

I wonder if he/she is new to eBay. The sandbaggers aren't going to be dropping bids until an hour or less to go. I just sold a 16gb 5s space grey last week on eBay. It was at $250 with an hour to go and sold for $685.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if he/she is new to eBay. The sandbaggers aren't going to be dropping bids until an hour or less to go. I just sold a 16gb 5s space grey last week on eBay. It was at $250 with an hour to go and sold for $685.

I was thinking the same thing! Stuff gets crazy in the last hor or so!

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Well someone paid the asking buy it now price for the listed iPhone I was bidding on
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1384799519.629211.jpg

It was a great deal only thing that held me back was the no Return policy but it's understandable for the price he listed it as a New gifted phone wrong carrier and color so I'm assuming he did open it

I'm gonna end up buying from the Apple store pay full price with no hassles now that more 64 bit M7 apps are coming along I want the 5s and with only 2GB free space left on my i5 so this will happen before X-mass

Sent from my iPhone 5

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Watch for a Seller named bargain_2011

Listed a Sprint 5s and I asked him a simple Question and his response was as follows

Dear bargain_2011,

Assuming last photo is a generic cause it shows Verizon and you stated the box is sealed from the factory is this correct?

- kataran1

Dear kataran1,

You don't know what is the different between Verizon and Print. And also don't know which is the real and not real one. Sorry, don't ever bid it.

- bargain_2011

Dear bargain_2011,

What are you serious I asked a simple question you state it's a Sprint iPhone 5s with a picture of a 5s on the Verizon network !!

You need to know what your selling can't believe you have 100% feedback and learn how to spell Sprint

Don't worry I'm not gonna bid on your Auction now

Thank you for Nothing

- kataran1

Sent from my iPhone 5

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Watch for a Seller named bargain_2011

Listed a Sprint 5s and I asked him a simple Question and his response was as follows

Dear bargain_2011,

Assuming last photo is a generic cause it shows Verizon and you stated the box is sealed from the factory is this correct?

- kataran1

Dear kataran1,

You don't know what is the different between Verizon and Print. And also don't know which is the real and not real one. Sorry, don't ever bid it.

- bargain_2011

Dear bargain_2011,

What are you serious I asked a simple question you state it's a Sprint iPhone 5s with a picture of a 5s on the Verizon network !!

You need to know what your selling can't believe you have 100% feedback and learn how to spell Sprint

Don't worry I'm not gonna bid on your Auction now

Thank you for Nothing

- kataran1

Sent from my iPhone 5

Seems a little shady to me that this seller can't even answer a few simple questions. I would not be doing business with this dude that's for sure....

Sent from my iPad Air.