I know people may have different definition of usages but what

Heavy: GAMES, GAMES
    Normal: everyday tasks: surf web, check personal email, text
    Moderate: same as normal?
    11-14-2013 01:26 PM
    Question is so subjective I think it's really hard to define. At the end of the day it matters how much time you are utilizing your device with the screen on. There are so many variables to this as well, are you using LTE? Watching Videos? Listening to Music? Or as you mentioned playing a game? Even if there were a standardized definition of what each usage pattern is I would think that it would be difficult for people to truly gauge their usage.
    11-14-2013 01:29 PM
    I use 4GB per month.
    11-14-2013 01:30 PM
    I use 4GB per month.
    Nice, I use about the same, and that's with rarely streaming anything for me.
    Ujjwal Agarwal likes this.
    11-14-2013 01:33 PM
    And even within games their will be heavy variation. I may play hours and hours of Candy Crush but that's not going to use as much battery as someone along hours of Infinity Blade.
    Ujjwal Agarwal likes this.
    11-14-2013 03:38 PM
    And even within games their will be heavy variation. I may play hours and hours of Candy Crush but that's not going to use as much battery as someone along hours of Infinity Blade.
    Yea agreed. this question is really hard to define since everyone's definition of usage is different some people consider music as light use and some as moderate
    11-15-2013 12:43 AM
    Nice, I use about the same, and that's with rarely streaming anything for me.
    I was surprised how much data is consumed. I am coming from an old unlimited data plan on a legacy BlackBerry. On that, I used about 6 GB a month. But that was with tethering and watching movies on my laptop.

I miss my unlimited data!

It will be interesting to see how much data navigation uses when I go on an across the state road trip next week.
    11-15-2013 06:59 AM
    I use between 5-7GB per month, every month.
    11-15-2013 10:08 AM
    I was surprised how much data is consumed. I am coming from an old unlimited data plan on a legacy BlackBerry. On that, I used about 6 GB a month. But that was with tethering and watching movies on my laptop.

I miss my unlimited data!

It will be interesting to see how much data navigation uses when I go on an across the state road trip next week.
    Personally I haven't seen too much data usage while traveling with maps as the maps are stored on the device itself. For me I never had unlimited data prior to my move to T-Mobile so I guess I still have that data conservation mentality. It will be interesting to see what happens in the future with Data as both T Mobile and Sprint both offer it as well as some of the smaller pre paid carriers.
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-15-2013 10:37 AM
    If I buy a movie from iTunes it is downloaded to the device correct?

Or am I just streaming from the server?
    11-16-2013 07:03 PM
    If you buy a movie, then you have the option to download it to the device. And not stream it. If you choose.

You can test it after you download it by putting the device in Airplane Mode and playing the movie.
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-16-2013 07:07 PM
    Same. My other phone is on sprint so it is very hard getting used to limited data.

It's awesome because ATTs LTE coverage and speeds are amazing but I'm at 6GB of data and got 5 days left on my cycle.
    11-17-2013 08:12 PM
    Can I ask how do you rack up those numbers? I lost my unlimited data moving from BB, but I'm on the edge plan, so I have 6 gb.
    11-18-2013 09:59 PM