Warranty replacement has a lifetime call time of 5 days, 23 hours.

heberman

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
My silver 5s was having problems so Apple replaced it for me yesterday. The replacement phone, which I'm assuming is a refurb, says:

Call Time
Current Period 11 Minutes
Lifetime 5 Days, 23 Hours

I'm ok with a refurb replacement so long as it looks and works like new. But a call time of 5 days, 23 hours on a 5s that has only been released about 6 weeks ago? I have 3 questions:

1. Do you think that call timer is accurate?
2. Who averages 4 hours a day talking on their cell phone? (Average time probably is much more than 4 hours per day since it had to be refurbished before it got to me). Sheesh!
3. Do you think the heavy usage will impact the phone's life?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I do not feel the call time will effect the longevity, especially with the phone still being so new (regardless of how much it was used initially). My guess is that a lot of that usage time could also be testing period time because it was a replacement/refurb.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I agree with SeanHRCC, I wouldn't worry about it at all. In all likelihood you will probably replace your device far before you start to have any battery issues. The bigger question is whether or not your replacement no longer has the problems that your previous device had.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I agree with Sean although I think I would want to know why that phone came back to Apple and a refurb of a new phone that has not been out that long? Why would they not replace it with a new phone and when you say Apple replaced it - Apple who? The store or Apple sales? I think if you had gone to an Apple store genius bar you would have gotten a new phone. My opinion.

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Did you restore the replacement phone from a backup? The call time information is carried over from your old phone if you restored from a backup of that.