iPhone 5s issues

tater0388

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
So I've had my 5s since launch. I've been dealing with some issues and want to see if anyone else has the same ones I am.

First poor 4G LTE signal. I can have my iPhone 5 and my girlfriends s3 laying next to each other and the 5 and s3 have LTE and the 5s 3G. I've restored and reinstalled iOS 7. No go.

2nd. When I do have LTE it's not near as fast as my 5 and the s3. My 5 will get 25 Mbps and my 5s will be getting 4-6 Mbps.

3rd. I can try to make a call. The timer will start counting like it's called out but phone doesn't do anything. Hangup and try again and it works perfect.

And last touch ID. Every 10th use it won't even respond. No try again message nothing.

Anyone else having these issues? I love 200 miles away from an apple store and my carrier won't do anything since I don't have their insurance.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
There is something wrong with your phone. Who is your carrier? I know that with Verizon, as long as you are within the first year of owning the device they will swap it out for you.

tater0388

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
There is something wrong with your phone. Who is your carrier? I know that with Verizon, as long as you are within the first year of owning the device they will swap it out for you.

I'm with VZW but the rep said they couldn't do anything. I will try and go by again today.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I don't know if it will help on a iPhone 5 with Verizon but try to reset network settings in the "General" area of "Settings". I have seen this suggested for the same problem.

tater0388

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if it will help on a iPhone 5 with Verizon but try to reset network settings in the "General" area of "Settings". I have seen this suggested for the same problem.

I've tried that. Nothing seems to help. If vzw won't replace it then I'm going to have to call apple and be without it for a few days. It's crazy how bad it is and seems to be getting worse everyday.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I've tried that. Nothing seems to help. If vzw won't replace it then I'm going to have to call apple and be without it for a few days. It's crazy how bad it is and seems to be getting worse everyday.

For what it's worth, I've had far better luck calling Verizon customer service on the phone and then talking to technical support. They have shipped me a new device every time. The people in the store are cut-throat for some reason. Far nicer and cooperative on the phone.

tater0388

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
For what it's worth, I've had far better luck calling Verizon customer service on the phone and then talking to technical support. They have shipped me a new device every time. The people in the store are cut-throat for some reason. Far nicer and cooperative on the phone.

Thanks for the tip. I'll give them a call and see how it goes!

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

Agreed...call customer service. In store reps are sales people, and they don't have as much authority. Calling customer service should be a bigger help.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Have not experienced ANY of the issues you described. You sound like you have a faulty device in many of those scenarios. I'm able to average between 40-55 Mbps pretty much anywhere in Atlanta I go and even in the shielded federal buildings I go into, over 25Mbps (with significantly worse LTE coverage).

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
You definitely have a faulty phone. I'm not having any of those issues. I hope Verizon replaces it for you, if not send it to Apple

tater0388

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I made an appointment with the genius bar in Jacksonville from Monday. Gonna take the day off drive down get my phone fixed and upgrade my iPad 4 to an iPad air while I am there!

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I made an appointment with the genius bar in Jacksonville from Monday. Gonna take the day off drive down get my phone fixed and upgrade my iPad 4 to an iPad air while I am there!

I was going to tell you to do one of two things because I ran into a similar issue with my iPhone 5 and I live 150 miles from the nearest store:

1) Exactly what you're doing. Suck it up and drive to the nearest Apple Store. Which is a pain because you have to take off of work or spend a weekend day doing it. Not to mention fork out the gas money. OR

2) If you call Apple, they will send you a replacement phone without you sending yours in first. They will put a hold on a credit card, however, until they get your faulty phone back. I did that with my iPhone 5 and it seemed to work out for me pretty well. I got the hold taken off the card rather quickly once they got my phone. That's always an option for you if you have a credit card that can take a $650-850 hold.

bboykin87

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site

Also make sure you are going to a corporate Verizon store and not an authorized retailer. The authorized retailer will try to tell you to buy another phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2