trade for iphone 5s at best buy

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
hey i wanted to ask a question about best buy trade in program in canada.. well i heard how you can trade in your old device for a new one blah blah blah which sounds cool.. but i wanted to ask a question.. i am currently with rogers and i do not want to switch my plan cause i have a very good deal that is not around anymore.. so if i wanted to trade in my iphone 5 for a iphone 5s in best buy.. would i have to change my iphone plan or can i still keep? want to know can someone answer this question? if you can let me know.. thankyou would be greatly appreciated

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Since you're simply swapping out the phone and paying the difference, you are not adding a line or anything so my guess would be that your current plan will continue as-is.

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Since you're simply swapping out the phone and paying the difference, you are not adding a line or anything so my guess would be that your current plan will continue as-is.

Question for ya. I'm sure I could easily find out from best buy, but I love these forums and I like asking questions on here. Do you know how much the trade in value for a 16gb 5 for sprint would be? I was gonna trade it in with my upgrade for a 5s.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
i hope not cause since i found out about best buy trade in i am kinda thinking about trading now and plus i want 32gb of memory

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Question for ya. I'm sure I could easily find out from best buy, but I love these forums and I like asking questions on here. Do you know how much the trade in value for a 16gb 5 for sprint would be? I was gonna trade it in with my upgrade for a 5s.

2 marbles and a small sack of gravel.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

No sir. I have no idea.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Would I only have to pay off the difference and early upgrade fee or is there any other fee I would have to pay?.. Trying to figure this out before I go to the actual store

ritesh

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
The service plan is attached to the simcard inserted in the phone. If you change your phone( in this case upgrade by paying bestbuy their upgrade charges), neither the plan should be affected nor there should be any activation fee/ETF,since you will be removing the sim from old phone and putting in the new phone.You will continue paying your service provider his monthly plan charges, irrespective of what device you use the simcard in.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Would I still have to pay for early upgrade fee from my service provider if I wanted to trade in my phone at best buy and was still on contract and wanted to get the 2 year price on the phone?

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
hey i wanted to ask a question about best buy trade in program in canada.. well i heard how you can trade in your old device for a new one blah blah blah which sounds cool.. but i wanted to ask a question.. i am currently with rogers and i do not want to switch my plan cause i have a very good deal that is not around anymore.. so if i wanted to trade in my iphone 5 for a iphone 5s in best buy.. would i have to change my iphone plan or can i still keep? want to know can someone answer this question? if you can let me know.. thankyou would be greatly appreciated

It would really make it easier to answer questions if people would put their country and/city and carrier in their signature for best answers.

To answer your question, to maintain your current service plan you need to pay full retail for the phone. However, some stores such as Best Buy do not sell phones at full retail because they only get paid for NEW activations and upgrades, so they wouldn't want to waste a phone from their inventory. I'd give them a quick call and get their policy. Hope that helps and good luck getting your phone!

Sent from my iPhone 5s on VZW from Philly

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2