How can I remove the iCloud info from an already activated iPhone 5S?

Firefighter0213

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Hello, i recently just broke up with my fiance. found out she wasn't as good as i thought she was, any who i took back the iphone 5s i got her. The only problem is that she wont give me her icloud email or password. i tried putting it in dfu mode, and recovery mode, her icloud information was still on there. i called apple support and they told me that there's nothing they can do without her icloud information, so im stuck with this iphone 5s. is there anything, anyone on here can help me with. Please HELP!

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
removal of icloud info from already activated iphone 5s

Sorry to hear about your break up.
You'll have to get her to give you her password and Apple ID in order for you to erase the phone or put in DFU mode.
Ask her for the password and Apple ID. That's your only option

Last edited:

Firefighter0213

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: removal of icloud info from already activated iphone 5s

She told me i might as well get use to my expensive paper weight, so i guess thats all i have now.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

She told me i might as well get use to my expensive paper weight, so i guess thats all i have now.

You can threaten to sue her for the full retail price in small claims court and make her go in front of a judge and possibly pay court fees .. Maybe she will cave and just give it to you so you can erase the phone

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

You can threaten to sue her for the full retail price in small claims court and make her go in front of a judge and possibly pay court fees .. Maybe she will cave and just give it to you so you can erase the phone

You could... but hell hath no fury like a woman scorned... sometimes anger and bitterness outweigh a few hundred dollars. Sorry for the OP's loss..

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site

You are probably SOL since you "gave" your fianc? the phone. Maybe you could offer her $100 for her to put her ID and password into the phone (I wouldn't just give my ID and password either). I know you paid for the phone in the first place but right now you have a brick. If you could reset the phone you could at least recoup some losses by selling it.

Chalk it up to a lesson learned, albeit an expensive one. Still, divorces are much more expensive so just remember you probably dodged a bullet.

Good luck!

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Instead getting money for the Password. Offer her money to reset as new right in front of you.

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

I'll have to agree with the other posters...you're probably out of luck with this one. If she was on your account, I would just cancel the line and give the phone back to her.

Sounds like she's a little petty. It's cheaper to just give her the phone than paying for a divorce later.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Use the phone and start adding all kinds of stuff to her iCloud account. Delete her contacts and such if her contacts are synced. She wants to be silly, then just be silly back.

nokia4life

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site

forget that offer her to put in the password or it gets sold with all her crap on it and some hacker will have access to her info that should soften her up.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

Open it disconnect the battery take to apple say it won't turn on and get a replacement .. Jk that's bad karma ..
I would just let her keep it after I throw it and her window first lol

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Chalk it up to a price paid to rid your life of this terrible creature...my friend went through a similar incident with a computer, and after he sat with his expensive lawyer for about an hour trying to figure out how to FORCE her to give the sign in information for the back up he had on a drive (after she destroyed the computer), he just had to sit back and realize there was no way of forcing her to do anything and he gave up. He keeps the drive in his desk to remind him of certain things, lol!

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site

I believe in karma brother, she'll get her turn. Accept the fact that she won't give you her password , move on! Life is greener on the other side!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

You can safely delete your old iCloud backup without affecting the data on your new iPhone at all. While of course you’ll be without a backup at that point, as long as you’re on a Wi-Fi network you can very easily make a new iCloud backup as soon as you’ve deleted the old one. Simply go into your Settings app and choose Storage & Backup from your iCloud settings, scroll down, and tap the “Back Up Now” button.

That’s not the issue here. The OP's issue is that the phone that his girlfriend had/returned is locked with the iCloud account ("activation lock") that prevents him from reusing/selling the phone. Without the ex's iCloud password, the phone cannot be wiped or reused... it is, effectively, a paperweight.