Is there a way to change the signal from dots to dBm permanently in iOS 7? I have figured out how to view it temporarily in field test mode, but the home button trick to make permanent doesn't seem to work? I'm new to iOS, this 5s being my first apple device. I have searched the forum with no results. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-09-2013 08:06 AM
    The 'home button trick' took several tries to get it to stay when I tried it on my iPhone5...
    11-09-2013 08:21 AM
    Care to share the "home button trick"?
    11-09-2013 09:51 AM
    http://forums.imore.com/iphone-5s/26...ml#post2092268

Pay special attention to the NOTE in Step 4. That seems to do the trick, at least for me it did.
    11-09-2013 10:01 AM
    Care to share the "home button trick"?
    I've lost track of the post from which this came so I can't give proper credit, but here's the text:

iPhone Signal Strength

Step 1: Dial *3001#12345#* on your iPhone then press Call.

Step 2: You'll now enter Field Test mode. You'll notice a signal strength indicator on the upper left hand corner of your screen. You can toggle between signal strength bars and a number by simply taping on it. At this point, press the home button to exit the app or if you would like the feature to be permanent, continue on. Don't worry, the process is completely reversible.

Step 3: Hold down on the Power button until you see the ‘slide to power off' bar. Do not power off the device.

Step 4: Press down on the Home button until the app closes and you return to your home screen.

That's it. Even when restarting the iPhone, the signal strength can be toggled between bars and numbers. The closer your number is to zero, the stronger your signal is.
    The lower your number, the stronger your signal—but don't include the - sign when evaluating (so, if the signal says -60, that's better than -90).

To return to the default bars permanently, follow these steps:

Step 2: Press on your Home Button once.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    11-09-2013 01:06 PM
    I've lost track of the post from which this came so I can't give proper credit, but here's the text:

iPhone Signal Strength

Step 2: You'll now enter Field Test mode. You'll notice a signal strength indicator on the upper left hand corner of your screen. You can toggle between signal strength bars and a number by simply taping on it. At this point, press the home button to exit the app or if you would like the feature to be permanent, continue on. Don't worry, the process is completely reversible.

Step 3: Hold down on the Power button until you see the ‘slide to power off' bar. Do not power off the device.

Step 4: Press down on the Home button until the app closes and you return to your home screen.

That's it. Even when restarting the iPhone, the signal strength can be toggled between bars and numbers. The closer your number is to zero, the stronger your signal is.
    The lower your number, the stronger your signal—but don't include the - sign when evaluating (so, if the signal says -60, that's better than -90).

Thanks, but the post above yours contains a link to the directions. I followed Fausty's directions and it worked without a hitch.......Thanks again.
    11-09-2013 01:10 PM
    Thanks, but the post above yours contains a link to the directions. I followed Fausty's directions and it worked without a hitch.......Thanks again.
    My bad -- didn't have my glasses on -- couldn't tell it was a link!
    11-09-2013 01:11 PM
    My bad -- didn't have my glasses on -- couldn't tell it was a link!
    (laughing)...No problem, my friend. I know how it is...
    11-09-2013 01:15 PM
    http://forums.imore.com/iphone-5s/26...ml#post2092268

Pay special attention to the NOTE in Step 4. That seems to do the trick, at least for me it did.

iPhone Signal Strength

Thanks for the tip!!!
    11-09-2013 03:07 PM
    Anyone know how to apply this to an iPad with Data only SIM ?
    Thanks!
    07-10-2017 12:49 PM
    Anyone know how to apply this to an iPad with Data only SIM ?
    Thanks!
    It's all data. Do you mean wifi only?
    Since the field test data is for Carrier use, it may not be available for wifi only. Not sure though.
    07-10-2017 01:54 PM
    No, I have a cell data plan on ipad air

It's all data. Do you mean wifi only?
    Since the field test data is for Carrier use, it may not be available for wifi only. Not sure though.
    07-10-2017 02:58 PM
    No, I have a cell data plan on ipad air
    Ok. But don't have wifi.
    07-10-2017 04:46 PM
    it has both wifi and LTE; just after LTE dBm indication

Ok. But don't have wifi.
    07-10-2017 05:24 PM
    it has both wifi and LTE; just after LTE dBm indication
    Gotcha. I was confused by "data only".
    07-10-2017 07:20 PM