Combination Home And Touch ID Button - Love It Or hate It?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Since the 5S went on sale with the new Touch ID button feature what is your honest opinion of this feature of course of you own a 5s?

Do you like it?
Do you love it?
Do you hate it?
Is is something you could do without but love the rest of the phone features such as the A7 chip and camera as examples.

These are just a few examples I am asking but what overall is your honest and full opinion of the Touch ID/ Home Button? Thank you for considering and answering what you think. :)

Please answer if you would. We all as Ambassadors and Moderators ask these questions for a good reason to help the overall forum and try and knowwhat our members like as we care about your opinions. :)

Last edited:

Marty Dorfman

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: Combination Home And Touch ID Button - Love It Or hate It

Since the 5S went on sale with the new Touch ID button feature what is your honest opinion of this feature of course of you own a 5s?

Do you like it?
Do you love it?
Do you hate it?
Is is something you could do without but love the rest of the phone features such as the A7 chip and camera as examples.

These are just a few examples I am asking but what overall is your honest and full opinion of the Touch ID/ Home Button? Thank you for considering and answering what you think. :)

Please answer if you would. We all as Ambassadors and Moderators ask these questions for a good reason to help the overall forum and try and knowwhat our members like as we care about your opinions. :)

Marty Dorfman

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site

I received my 5S last week and cannot understand why the finger print scanner does not work all the time. I have had to delete and re add several times, works for awhile and then no good.

dianahk

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I love it! The ID Scanner works so well. My phone is so much more secure now. It is the reason I have a complex password and no longer can access the control panel in the lock screen. It has made security more convenient. I love it.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Love it. It's what made want to get the phone along with wanting the iPhone 5 form factor. I'm coming from. 4S.
No issues so far with touch ID it's been great. I got my 5S on 9/24/13

Nolander07

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site

Love it. I am the guy who never used a passcode because it was a pain to enter every time. Now the Touch ID is even easier and faster than swiping the screen. Not that I have anything secret or valuable on my phone, but it is much more secure now.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

LOVE IT!!! I never had an issue with putting in my 4 digit pin but when my corporate email encrypted my phone, selecting & putting in a 6 digit passcode was a pain. Touch ID brought the convenience back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

I received my 5S last week and cannot understand why the finger print scanner does not work all the time. I have had to delete and re add several times, works for awhile and then no good.
It takes time to learn as you go and you might also have to delete and reregister your prints until you get them right. Also try the same finger at a couple different angles.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

Indifferent is the best way I can describe it. I certainly don't hate it as the fact it is on my device doesn't hamper or affect anything I do. But, I do not use it. I have never used a passcode on my phone and have no intentions to do so. Enabling Touch ID means I have to retrain myself to unlock my phone differently than what I have grown accustomed to over the past nearly 6 years. And yes, in my little world, that extra step of resting my finger on the button each time I access my phone (which is a mind-numbing amount of times) is bothersome to me.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Love it. I thought that it would be something I never used when I first saw it on the 5S at the keynote...and even after having it for the first weekend, thought it would just be an annoying gimmick people would always ask to mess with, but now, I can't imagine life without it on the iPhone! It's truly such a convenience and it works perfectly!

DarkBlade_95

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I absolutely love it! It's so convenient to keep my phone secure now. No need to type in a pass code (a 21 letter password now that I don't have to type it in all the time) to unlock my phone. Just click the home button to wake the phone, leave the finger on it and it takes less than a second most of the time

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

iPerry7

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I love it. Although it wasn't the main reason I bought the 5s, it's works really well for me 99 percent of the time. It's almost reach the point where I don't even realise that touch id exists. It feels very natural. As jony Ive said in the video , technology is at it's very best when it simply disappears. And I think Apple have hit the mark on that front :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iwoodland

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Love it!! Mine has to lock due to corporate email so this saves me entering in a passcode dozens of times a day!!

Mine is instantaneous

razb3rry

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I absolutely love the home button/Touch ID combo. It is so much easier and faster.

I had issues with Touch ID and iMessage last week when I first got my phone. I downloaded the latest version of iOS 7 (7.0.3) and it has been smooth sailing since.

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I love it. I keep my phone locked now whereas I never did before.

My only hiccup is that I find myself attempting to use Touch ID on my iPad, iPod, and anyone else's iPhone. 😉

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I love it a lot more than I thought I would. It almost works too quickly sometimes and unlocks when I was just trying to check the time or something. I find myself trying to unlock my iPad Air with TouchId.

I’ve done that with my iPad Mini - sat there with my thumb on the home button waiting for it to open.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Mine has always been flakey, so I am in the like camp ... I think I have entered my password more times than the touch id has actually worked.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73