Home Button Crunching?

Stefano_B

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Had same issue happen on my 5 and 5s. Resolved it by getting my finger (or micro cloth) wet/damp and rubbing it around the edge of the button while pressing down. After a couple wipes it was back like new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeevesVic

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Mine crunches when I place my finger on it very lightly. I haven't noticed it effecting the operation of my phone. If it does I'll be calling apple (good thing for apple care)

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app

larsonage

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Mine crunches when I place my finger on it very lightly. I haven't noticed it effecting the operation of my phone. If it does I'll be calling apple (good thing for apple care)

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app

What color 5s did you get. I had 4 space grey before they let me exchange it for a white silver one. So far I have no issues.

Stefano_B

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
With circular motion wipe the edges of the button while pressing it, seems like it dries up or something.. Mine will do that at times, but goes away after wiping.

Megan Blok

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I had a similar problem with my iPhone 5. It is not picking a little, but it sounds like my home button "crunches" a bit when I press. The click is louder than the 5...but this is different. When just pressing light, not hard enough to actually press the tactile down, but I can hear it clicking. Anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone 5S

I can definitely hear a click BEFORE I actually press the button all the way down. Slight pressure makes a click noise. I dont know why but the home button is definitely stiffer. Maybe due to Touch ID?

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5s 

baileyingramm

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
I know this is a bit late, but my iPhone does this most of the time. I booked an appointment for the genius bar but knowing me my home button will be fine when I get there.

Ill feed back once Ive been

jclif

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
With circular motion wipe the edges of the button while pressing it, seems like it dries up or something.. Mine will do that at times, but goes away after wiping.

I did this and noticed a couple pieces of dust came out from behind the button, works perfectly now

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73