I just had this come up yesterday. I was on the phone and had to message my daughter. When it would not go through as an iMessage it sent as a text eventually. Her reply didn't come through until I got off the phone though. Normally if I need to text and talk I am in a wifi area so this was a rare issue. My bigger issue is with losing directions while on the phone. That one sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    11-10-2013 01:57 PM
    I just had this come up yesterday. I was on the phone and had to message my daughter. When it would not go through as an iMessage it sent as a text eventually. Her reply didn't come through until I got off the phone though. Normally if I need to text and talk I am in a wifi area so this was a rare issue. My bigger issue is with losing directions while on the phone. That one sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    Yeah fielding a phone call and still keeping the google maps running is a fantastic option. I use that more than texting and talking. Lol

Sent from my gameboy color
    11-11-2013 09:38 PM
    This thread is of interest to me, as I'm currently on AT&T, and considering switching to Verizon, as the coverage is much better. However, I am frequently on the phone AND texting my wife (who is deaf) at the same time.

So, being able to talk and text, or talk while using GPS are really sorta critical. Great coverage ain't gonna do me a lot of good if I lose these other benefits.

"-)
    09-12-2014 02:01 PM
    I switched from AT&T to Verzion. Verizon, maybe a little more stable, but I miss the flexibility I had with AT&T. With verizon most apps that need the internet won't work while you're on the phone. It is so frustrating. Especially when you had that flexibility for so many years.
    03-18-2015 11:15 AM
    it seems like verizon addressed it

Settings > Cellular > Enable LTE and tap Voice & Data
    03-18-2015 11:30 AM
30 12