how do i know if my device is efrected by the battery issue

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So I've been reading a bit about this manufacturing issue that's causing battery with some iPhone 5S. How do I know I'd I'm effected or have this? My battery seemedmgood, but now this thing is making me paranoid. What's the drop off people are experiencing with battery life that are effected by this? Is there a way to tell if you have it?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
It's my understanding that Apple will contact those with the batt problem but you could also take it to a Apple store and find out.

#Naked Tuesday

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Well, I went to the apple store today. The guy seemed to not know what I was talking about when I brought up the manufacturing issues with some batteries. He told me not to believe what sites say as far as that goes, only apples official site. I told him that apple acknowledged the issue, but whatever. I wasn't going to argue.

He did his diagnostics thing and said that the battery was in great condition, but that there were issuesith apps crashing. I did kind of notice this, but didn't think much of it at the time. So he suggested I restore the phone as new because there we issues with core apple apps crashing like safari, iPod, and etc.

I'm a little irritated I waited 45 minutes to do something I knew how to do on my own, but whatever.

Would there diagnostic tests even pick up that manufacturing issue if I had it? The person I spoke to before the technician seemed to know what I was talking g about and said apple would contact me if my phone was one of the ones effected. Again, I already knew that.

So really, this apple store visit didn't do much for me outside of telling me I had some crashing issues with apps.

Fortheus

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
try ibackup bot. It should show you the charge cycle, design capacity and max capacity. If max capacity is at 80% or less you can try to argue

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods