I'm making the switch from my Samsung Galaxy S4 to the gold iPhone 5s when my reservation from Best Buy ships in. What would be the easiest way for me to transfer everything in my galaxy to my computer for my iPhone?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using iMore Forums mobile app
    11-03-2013 04:51 PM
    I suggest you upload your stuff to a cloud storage site like Dropbox and then after you set up your new iPhone 5S, you can download and install the Dropbox app and then download your stuff over to it.
    11-03-2013 04:54 PM
    I suggest you upload your stuff to a cloud storage site like Dropbox and then after you set up your new iPhone 5S, you can download and install the Dropbox app and then download your stuff over to it.
    Would that include music and contacts or would I have to go through iTunes for that?

11-03-2013 04:57 PM
    Depends. What stuff are you transferring, and it is already stored online? For instance, Google stuff, like Gmail and calendar, is already in the cloud, and you can set it up manually on the phone and it'll all be there. If you have music, books, videos, and other media on the phone, and a copy on a computer, you can manage the music through iTunes. Probably would need a better understanding of what you're transferring.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    11-03-2013 04:58 PM
    Depends. What stuff are you transferring, and it is already stored online? For instance, Google stuff, like Gmail and calendar, is already in the cloud, and you can set it up manually on the phone and it'll all be there. If you have music, books, videos, and other media on the phone, and a copy on a computer, you can manage the music through iTunes. Probably would need a better understanding of what you're transferring.
    Ideally I'd like to transfer music, pictures, contacts, and text messages.

11-03-2013 05:01 PM
    If you use Google on your Android phone, your contacts should already be in Google online - so if you add a Google account to your iPhone, it should pull them down. Music and pictures, just connect your Android phone via USB cable to your computer and download.
    11-03-2013 05:05 PM
    Ideally I'd like to transfer music, pictures, contacts, and text messages.

As has already been stated, if your contacts are associated with an email service, they'll be transferred to your device once you configure it to use that particular service. As for your pics and music, you can either use a cloud service or you can download and install the iTunes app. A good source of information can be found via the following guide: http://forums.imore.com/guides-how-tos/256550-how-transition-your-old-smartphone-apple-iphone.html
    11-03-2013 05:05 PM
    Thanks for the replies!

11-03-2013 05:09 PM
    i switched from galaxy note 3 too . android was such a waste of resources coz of the laggy OS . 5s works like a charm the multitasking and the OS is soooo smooth .apple rocksss
    11-04-2013 01:16 AM