I think apples smaller screen is what keeps many people happy rather than going to the competition
    That is one thing I REALLY, REALLY....REALLY (I cant emphasize this point enough) dislike about Android (unfortunately I currently own one with a 4.5" screen...its too big for me personally)

You cannot get a high end droid with a small screen these days.

I describe my experiences with a large screen in this thread:

http://forums.imore.com/general-appl...ml#post2126541
    11-05-2013 11:08 AM
    That is one thing I REALLY, REALLY....REALLY (I cant emphasize this point enough) dislike about Android (unfortunately I currently own one with a 4.5" screen...its too big for me personally)

You cannot get a high end droid with a small screen these days.

I describe my experiences with a large screen in this thread:

http://forums.imore.com/general-appl...ml#post2126541
    I agree. While a big screen is pretty cool to have, it shouldn't come at the cost of one-handed usability. That's what I like about the iPhone. When other manufacturers are following the 'Bigger! Even Bigger!' route, Apple knows that a phone is more than just spec sheets and a massive display which is too hard to use with one hand.

Make no mistake, the iPhone 6 is coming next year and it will have a larger display. I just hope it won't be senselessly gigantic.
    DMKiefer likes this.
    11-05-2013 01:35 PM
    When other manufacturers are following the 'Bigger! Even Bigger!' route, Apple knows that a phone is more than just spec sheets and a massive display which is too hard to use with one hand.
    Don't rub it in

I'm already struggling to reach the expiry date of my contract

I just hope apple dont follow the trend and realize that the iPad mini covers the aspect of a large phone. So no need to make the iPhone any bigger.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using iMore Forums mobile app.
    11-05-2013 01:53 PM
    Don't rub it in

I'm already struggling to reach the expiry date of my contract

I just hope apple dont follow the trend and realize that the iPad mini covers the aspect of a large phone. So no need to make the iPhone any bigger.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using iMore Forums mobile app.
    Wishful thinking, my friend. Wishful thinking. The market is forcing Apple's hand and I don't know how stubborn the new team is. Maybe they'll cave in and make the screen bigger. Maybe they won't. All I want is a screen that I can easily use with one hand. I doubt Apple would release a larger screen at the sacrifice of one-handed usability.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    11-05-2013 02:27 PM
    a 4.5 to 4.8 inch screen.
    11-05-2013 03:15 PM
    http://mobile.theverge.com/2013/11/6...nt-more-pixels

I think this probably means apple will have to double the resolution and possibly invent a new marketing term. In doing so screen size isn't an issue. They can go 5", 6", whatever.

It also means retina isn't as good as it gets as currently defined. Which btw still makes the retina mini more compelling than the Air given the mini's higher ppi.
    11-06-2013 06:21 AM
    http://mobile.theverge.com/2013/11/6...nt-more-pixels

I think this probably means apple will have to double the resolution and possibly invent a new marketing term. In doing so screen size isn't an issue. They can go 5", 6", whatever.

It also means retina isn't as good as it gets as currently defined. Which btw still makes the retina mini more compelling than the Air given the mini's higher ppi.
    Ok this idea of massive resolutions is getting pathetic...I personally cant tell which display is clearer between a 256ppi compared to a 440ppi...there is only so much detail the naked eye can see. And I dont know anyone that looks at their phone with a microscope.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using iMore Forums mobile app
    11-06-2013 06:46 AM
    I would like Apple to remove the option to quit apps altogether because I get tired of explaining to people that it does nothing and that iOS handles quitting apps when it needs the memory and/or CPU.
    And what would we do when an app hangs with no option to reload/refresh? Restart the whole phone?
    11-06-2013 10:08 AM
    And what would we do when an app hangs with no option to reload/refresh? Restart the whole phone?
    Yes you need it for that. I was mainly being sarcastic because of all the people that think quitting apps somehow helps their phone. It doesn't in the vast majority of cases.
    ght likes this.
    11-06-2013 10:13 AM
    Yes you need it for that. I was mainly being sarcastic because of all the people that think quitting apps somehow helps their phone. It doesn't in the vast majority of cases.
    Quite right.
    11-06-2013 10:15 AM

Android users are the same, they believe that killing tasks will save battery buy freeing RAM, but the exact opposite happens as the phone needs to re open the tasks, thus using more power.
    11-06-2013 10:30 AM
    Hey, I actually think that it would be cool to have a 4K display on the next iPhone. I know that's impossible but I can't help but enjoy when all Apple haters will come out and say that 'the resolution is too high, it's just a gimmick...blah blah'.

LOL JK

11-06-2013 10:42 AM
    Hey, I actually think that it would be cool to have a 4K display on the next iPhone. I know that's impossible but I can't help but enjoy when all Apple haters will come out and say that 'the resolution is too high, it's just a gimmick...blah blah'.

LOL JK

Do you realize that having a resolution that high will greatly reduce the life of your battery ?

And it looks like Android will have if first...long before iPhone has it.

Besides I'm sure they are already complaining that the iPhone 5S benchmarks are false...I cant really believe it myself.

11-06-2013 11:04 AM
    Do you realize that having a resolution that high will greatly reduce the life of your battery ?

Besides I'm sure they are already complaining that the iPhone 5S benchmarks are false...I cant really believe it myself.

Meh...it's those people at Samsung who are cheating on benchmarks. Who told you that nonsense?

Besides, Before Apple makes a higher res display, they'll probably increase the size of the phone. We'll probably have a better battery with it. Don't make the mistake of shorting Apple, though. They had the first Retina display

11-06-2013 11:09 AM
    Larger screen would be nice. I would also love to see some solid speakers in the iPhone. I had an HTC once briefly and the Boomsound speakers were pretty awesome.
    11-06-2013 12:21 PM
    The smaller size ended up being an advantage after owning a 5" screen phone that now feels and looks huge.
    What I'd change is a notification led or some sort of signal that let me know when I have a missing call or email without having to press any key or access the screen... It could also be some message flashing on the screen, just a thought.
    11-06-2013 02:23 PM
    the 5S is NOT as one-handed friendly as the 4S. It's tougher to get my thumb up to the upper left of the screen. Instead, I would ditch the home button/sensor and make the vertical length of the phone smaller (but keeping current screen size). One handed usage is the best feature of the iPhone... i'm not a fan of 2 handed phablets at all.
    stalemate1 likes this.
    11-06-2013 02:28 PM
    Meh...it's those people at Samsung who are cheating on benchmarks. Who told you that nonsense ?

Pretty much almost every Android fanboy in existence.

but seriously, how does this:

(IPhone 5S)

Chipset:Apple A7

CPU: Dual-core 1.7 GHz

Beat this:

(LG G2)

Chipset:Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800

CPU: Quad-core 2.26 GHz Krait 400
    GPU: Adreno 330
    RAM: 2 GB

Your answer ?
    11-06-2013 02:59 PM

(IPhone 5S)

CPU ual-core 1.7 GHz

Beat this:

(LG G2)

Your answer ?
    Nice mistake up there kinda like it.

As for what you said: Apple CPU's are better than what Android uses. The SoC architecture is supposed to be newer. Plus, we have better software here. Apple clearly designed it to work best on one phone, which happens to be the 5S.

Besides that, do you know that the LG G2 happens to be cheating? And that iPhones are the only phones on the market, along with Motorola and the Nexus devices, that are not cheating?

11-06-2013 03:07 PM

(IPhone 5S)

CPU: Dual-core 1.7 GHz

Beat this:

(LG G2)

Your answer ?
    How does a 400hp Porsche beat a 600hp Mustang around a race track? Numbers don't define leadership...components, balance of functionality and optimization within the given specs do.
    Fausty82 and jmr1015 like this.
    11-06-2013 03:24 PM

Apple was able to significantly increase battery life on new Macbook Pros while also lowering weight, size and dimension...and upped resolution. Your approaching the abilities of this company based on old technology...processors are allowing for new kinds of optimizations from battery life to performance, and all the while, the internals are getting smaller and smaller (including battery tech). Don't assume that battery life can't be maintained while resolution is also increased...they're doing it all over the tech world and successfully at that.

As far as you not believing the benchmarks...some people don't believe that dinosaurs roamed the earth. I can't prove them wrong except to point out the bones that come out of the ground...in the same way I can't prove to you that the benchmarks are accurate except for pointing at the numbers that they yield from said tests.
    11-06-2013 03:32 PM
    Benchmarks are easy to test, you just download an app, let it run for a minute and it will tell you what your phone scored, very useful for testing quality from small manufactures as their processors don't score as high as similar well known ones. (also a very good method for testing if an iPhone is genuine or not)
    11-06-2013 03:52 PM
    I am an android guy so naturally the first thing that might come to mind is the screen size. But I must say that I do appreciate the portability and easy one handed use with my iphone. If they did bump it up, I think maybe a 4.5" screen would be nice. I would like something similar to boomsound on my htc one. I did not realize how much I would appreciate an awesome speaker experience on a phone. But it is great when playing games, watching videos, listening to music and for calls over speakerphone.

Also an ir blaster and nfc. I know those things seem gimmicky but using your phone as a remote control is pretty awesome and paying for things by simply tapping your phone is pretty neat as well.
    11-06-2013 04:51 PM
    Bigger Screen
    11-06-2013 09:10 PM
    After using the note 2 bigger screen. I got use to the size fast and takes place of my iPad also. Now I want a damn macbook air.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using iMore Forums mobile app
    11-06-2013 09:37 PM
76 1234