I think the 5S is fine as is. I wouldn't change a thing.
    jsntrenkler and Fausty82 like this.
    11-04-2013 09:33 AM
    I have no doubt they can increase resolution given every android competitor has been able to do it. The larger issue for me would be increasing screen size and resolution without decreasing battery life and killing any chance of one-handed use. There-in lies the challenge and reflects Cook's thoughts that he shared in recent interviews.
    Doubling the current iphone 5 resolution would bring it to 2272 x 1280. At 5" that would make it 522ppi. Pixel Calculator - PPI calculator, Aspect Ratio Calculator, Display Size Comparison Tool | PixelCalc.com

Which android maker has done the above? The Nexus 5 is 445ppi. The Galaxy S4 is 441ppi. Android is easier to do this with. iOS doesn't scale and therefore is way more challenging for Apple just to increase screen size because "every" android competitor can do it who don't have to worry about the effect on android apps. It will have way more consequences for Apple since it effects all iphone apps.

BTW..i think this will happen.
    11-04-2013 09:47 AM
    I would add the option to quit all apps at once....
    Yes, that would be awesome!!!
    11-04-2013 09:57 AM
    Doubling the current iphone 5 resolution would bring it to 2272 x 1280. At 5" that would make it 522ppi. Pixel Calculator - PPI calculator, Aspect Ratio Calculator, Display Size Comparison Tool | PixelCalc.com

Which android maker has done the above? The Nexus 5 is 445ppi. The Galaxy S4 is 441ppi. Android is easier to do this with. iOS doesn't scale and therefore is way more challenging for Apple just to increase screen size because "every" android competitor can do it who don't have to worry about the effect on android apps. It will have way more consequences for Apple since it effects all iphone apps.
    I completely missed your point on its affects on apps. I was merely referring to android's ability to increase size and corresponding resolution. So yes, very good point and I apologize that I missed it first time around. To avoid further developer fragmentation, this would need to be addressed.
    11-04-2013 09:58 AM
    I completely missed your point on its affects on apps. I was merely referring to android's ability to increase size and corresponding resolution. So yes, very good point and I apologize that I missed it first time around. To avoid further developer fragmentation, this would need to be addressed.
    No problems. It will be interesting to see what Apple actually does though. According to their definition of retina, 522ppi would be way overkill.
    11-04-2013 10:13 AM
    larger screen size...I don't hate the current size...wouldn't mind a larger screen...
    11-04-2013 11:09 AM
    lol.. but Smaller screen size.. back to oldiphone size..
    11-04-2013 11:44 AM
    I would add the option to quit all apps at once....
    Thats not hardware (iPhone 5S) specific... its a software thing. It could be added to iOS 7 at any time...
    11-04-2013 11:54 AM
    I know nobody is going to agree with this, but it would be awesome for me if the charge port was on the top of the phone rather than the bottom. That way when you are using your phone while its charging (which I always do) you could hold your phone a lot easier without that charge cord resting in the palm of your hand
    11-04-2013 12:03 PM
    I know nobody is going to agree with this, but it would be awesome for me if the charge port was on the top of the phone rather than the bottom. That way when you are using your phone while its charging (which I always do) you could hold your phone a lot easier without that charge cord resting in the palm of your hand
    The only issue I see with that would be the loss of use with docking stations. But I see what you are saying. I am personally ok with the location of the charging port but what really hampers me is where they have the headphones jack. It is right where my pinky finger wants to go. I would personally love to see it moved back to the top of the phone.
    11-04-2013 12:20 PM
    The only issue I see with that would be the loss of use with docking stations. But I see what you are saying. I am personally ok with the location of the charging port but what really hampers me is where they have the headphones jack. It is right where my pinky finger wants to go. I would personally love to see it moved back to the top of the phone.
    They could fix the docking station issue by allowing iPhone apps to rotate upside down.
    HAWK likes this.
    11-04-2013 12:23 PM
    A nfc addition would be a killer though! its still good....almost everyone wants the screen size bigger now.so probably anything between 4.5 to 5 would be good probably they are working on iphone 6 for this and 6 will be definitely having bigger screen atleast bigger from 5s eventually they have to do in order to stay and keep the grip in market and to compete with other companies
    11-04-2013 01:08 PM
    What I'd really like is more Touch ID. Really, if you could eliminate passwords almost entirely and keep the whole experience on iPhone Touch ID-centric, it would really make this phone better for me.

Other than that, I pretty much love this device. It's the nearest to perfection any phone has gone. Not to mention Touch ID...after seeing the disastrous Atrix, I never thought I'd see a scanner that takes less than a second to scan my fingerprint. It really has lots of potential.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    11-04-2013 01:44 PM
    A nfc addition would be a killer though! its still good....almost everyone wants the screen size bigger now.so probably anything between 4.5 to 5 would be good probably they are working on iphone 6 for this and 6 will be definitely having bigger screen atleast bigger from 5s eventually they have to do in order to stay and keep the grip in market and to compete with other companies
    I think apples smaller screen is what keeps many people happy rather than going to the competition
    11-04-2013 02:18 PM
    Size...4.5 would be perfect.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
    11-04-2013 02:47 PM
    One of the main reasons that I am getting the 5S is the screen size. I like it. Even though I have never owned an Iphone, I would want a larger battery and Swype lol.
    11-04-2013 07:12 PM
    I would love a larger screen size and battery. The larger battery will probably result in a thicker and heavier phone but I think it'll be worth it.
    11-04-2013 07:21 PM
    Screen size. My only real gripe with iPhones is the screen size. Now it doesn't have to be huge like some androids but 4.5 or so would be perfect I think, and not just stretched out.
    niko66 likes this.
    11-04-2013 08:04 PM
    My wish would be that apple have better memory management, i am constantly running with low memory - I was hoping ios7 would have fixed memory issue but nope same as 6 (I set up my phone as new).
    11-04-2013 11:32 PM
    Yes, that would be awesome!!!
    I have a feeling they'll add this features iOS 8.
    11-05-2013 12:18 AM
    I think apples smaller screen is what keeps many people happy rather than going to the competition
    market is changing buddy apple have to made at least one new iphone with bigger screen because many apple lovers wanted a bit bigger screen now.. including me.. since they can keep the iphone 5s,5c along with them..
    11-05-2013 12:21 AM
    I would like Apple to remove the option to quit apps altogether because I get tired of explaining to people that it does nothing and that iOS handles quitting apps when it needs the memory and/or CPU.
    It has to be using something, because it's still up and saved. I mean I've had apps up that still play sound. That's gotta be taking up something.
    11-05-2013 12:26 AM
    I would add the "active" feature that the Samsung Galaxy S series has...waterproofing, shock-proofing, dust-proofing, etc. I'm constantly doing stuff outdoors...and the delicate nature of most smart phones (including my preference of iPhone) leaves me worried about damaging it with no real recourse (without having to use an extended warranty service like Apple Care + or SquareTrade). It'd be really awesome to be able to to kayaking and find myself not having to worry (as much) about my iPhone...making me feel like I need to leave it in the car vs. taking it with me. I should also add that LifeProof cases have not impressed me so far, the one that I had was really not a livable addition.
    I think you mean the protective coating that the Droid 4 and RAZRs had. Samsung "Active" devices mostly got water damage during the first plunge. Everyone was super pissed
    11-05-2013 10:51 AM
    Yea! I'd prefer it if they changed it to 2.6" over a phone 4". I loved my HP Veer
    11-05-2013 10:53 AM
    If you had the veto vote before releasing the iPhone 5s what is one thing that you would add or remove before launch?

For me it would have been the screen size, I would have insisted on a 4.5 inch screen.

I'd go for a removable 3000 mAh battery...you can never have too much battery life.

In second I'd opt for expandable storage via SD card slot but the bigger battery is my first choice.
    11-05-2013 11:02 AM
76 1234