Hi people ,I finally have my new iPhone in my hands ! I love it ! Just wanted to ask you guys if it is normal that scrolling is a bit slow ? I men when I flick my finger in my phonebook it doesn't scroll all the way down to the bottom. Likewise in all other apps. Is this ok? My first iPhone so , I dunno what scrolling behavior should be like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-03-2013 04:20 AM
    Hi, congrats on the new iphone 5s. As far as the scrolling issue, sorry haven't heard of it . If it's really annoying you may want to check with Apple.
    iPerry7 likes this.
    11-03-2013 06:54 AM
    Hi people ,I finally have my new iPhone in my hands ! I love it ! Just wanted to ask you guys if it is normal that scrolling is a bit slow ? I men when I flick my finger in my phonebook it doesn't scroll all the way down to the bottom. Likewise in all other apps. Is this ok? My first iPhone so , I dunno what scrolling behavior should be like.

Hi iPerry, congrats on your new iPhone!! If you are coming from Android, then yes scrolling will seem slow to you. It's just a byproduct of a different operating system platform and not a phone defect. In android, a flick of the screen will move pages extremely fast and far.

One nice feature of iOS however is that no matter what app or browser you are in, you can always tap towards the time at the middle top of the screen to automatically scroll back to the very top. I love it.
    iPerry7 likes this.
    11-03-2013 08:08 AM
    Congratulations on your new iPhone!

Your questions have been covered!
    iPerry7 likes this.
    11-03-2013 08:23 AM
    Congratulations on your new iPhone!

Your questions have been covered!
    Thanks for your replies. This is a completely new so to me. I never before realized just how different iOS and android are. I am still finding my way around it. So far so good it's the most expensive phone I have ever bought. I intend to keep it for the next 3 years at least. Would you guys tell me if a case and screen protector are necessary ? If so, which one is food?

11-03-2013 08:42 AM
    One nice feature of iOS however is that no matter what app or browser you are in, you can always tap towards the time at the middle top of the screen to automatically scroll back to the very top. I love it.
    Thank you! I've had this iPhone for a bit and never knew this, lol. I guess I do learn something new everyday!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    RollTideFanGrl likes this.
    11-03-2013 10:05 AM
    Thanks for your replies. This is a completely new so to me. I never before realized just how different iOS and android are. I am still finding my way around it. So far so good it's the most expensive phone I have ever bought. I intend to keep it for the next 3 years at least. Would you guys tell me if a case and screen protector are necessary ? If so, which one is food?

That's really just personal preference and how worried/upset/concerned you'd be about a cosmetic scratch or dent.
    iPerry7 likes this.
    11-03-2013 10:28 AM
    Congrats and welcome to the community! Your new iPhone 5s is a fantastic piece of hardware controlled by some amazing software. Look forward to seeing more posts from you in the future :-)
    iPerry7 likes this.
    11-03-2013 10:58 AM
    If you plan on keeping your phone for a while I'd suggest getting a LifeProof case because it is waterproof and drop proof. It covers your phone all the way around and they are great for their warranty exchanges. I can imagine that 3 years from now you'll still want your phone in good cosmetic shape. A lot of people don't care for the LifeProof Frē case because of the plastic (screen protector) on the front, I don't personally care. However, they also have a nd case (which isn't available as of right now for the 5S, but stay tuned), that works the exact same way except its front is a hard plastic and there is no film on the screen. So your screen is exposed but it is still waterproof and drop proof. I'd watch some YouTube reviews of both cases, just to see. I swear by LifeProof's cases.
    iPerry7 likes this.
    11-03-2013 11:37 AM
    Congrats on your purchase...I hope you enjoy it!!!!
    Last edited by nikkisharif; 11-03-2013 at 04:54 PM.
    iPerry7 likes this.
    11-03-2013 04:38 PM
    Congrats on your purchase! The Space Grey looks great doesn't it? Lol. As mentioned, scrolling behaviour differs from platform to platform, it just takes a while to get used to. Take some time to go through iMore 's guide to iOS 7 http://m.imore.com/ios-7 it should be helpful you make full use of the phone and it's OS.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    iPerry7 likes this.
    11-03-2013 04:52 PM
    Congrats on getting the iPhone.

I use a case on 5s everyday except Tuesday. :-)

#Naked Tuesday
    iPerry7 likes this.
    11-03-2013 05:09 PM

Some say that a case etc will make your phone last longer than without. Ive had lots of devices and many for 2-3 years, never put a case on a single one. I take care of my phones... not overly baby them just be smart about it
    iPerry7 likes this.
    11-03-2013 05:17 PM
    Congratulations, Enjoy your new 5S!
    iPerry7 likes this.
    11-03-2013 05:54 PM
    Not necessary but will give you piece of mind.
    Another option is that if you are going to keep it for 2+ yrs, is to buy Applecare+
    People love it and I got it on my space grey 5S
    iPerry7 likes this.
    11-03-2013 09:55 PM
    space grey looks sexy congrats on your new purchase
    iPerry7 likes this.
    11-03-2013 11:50 PM
    Nice phone! And yes iphone scrolls slower than android does, but it's smoother In my opinion
    iPerry7 likes this.
    11-04-2013 12:03 AM
    thank' for your post , i think it's right .
    11-04-2013 01:36 AM
    Hi iPerry, congrats on your new iPhone!! If you are coming from Android, then yes scrolling will seem slow to you. It's just a byproduct of a different operating system platform and not a phone defect. In android, a flick of the screen will move pages extremely fast and far.

I disagree with this it had the gs4 and now iphone 5s and when I flick my finger on scrolls to the bottom fast faster them my gs4
    iPerry7 likes this.
    11-04-2013 01:42 AM
    in iOS they have innertia scrolling. It has some "resistance".

The faster you swipe up, the faster the scrolling.

Congratz on your purchase and hope you love it
    iPerry7 likes this.
    11-04-2013 04:29 AM
    Welcome to the coolest of the cool 😄. You won't regret your purchase mate!
    iPerry7 likes this.
    11-04-2013 05:25 AM
    I disagree with this it had the gs4 and now iphone 5s and when I flick my finger on scrolls to the bottom fast faster them my gs4
    Interesting. They both employ different technologies for this so I am not sure how that could be. It's echoed by the rest in this thread.
    iPerry7 likes this.
    11-04-2013 05:58 AM
    Hey, welcome to the club! You now own the best phone on the planet, bar none. Hope it serves you well.
    iPerry7 likes this.
    11-04-2013 02:57 PM
    I use a case, but don't bother with a screen protector.

My iPhone 5S (Space Grey) is on its way from China at the moment, due here on 7th Nov.
    iPerry7 likes this.
    11-04-2013 06:32 PM
    Thank you for the warm welcome all of you. So far, living this phone. Still haven't bought a case. I must say it looks great and takes wonderful photos. 😊

11-05-2013 12:41 AM
29 12