My new 5S is scrolling slowly. Is it normal?

iPerry7

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi people ,I finally have my new iPhone in my hands ! I love it ! Just wanted to ask you guys if it is normal that scrolling is a bit slow ? I men when I flick my finger in my phonebook it doesn't scroll all the way down to the bottom. Likewise in all other apps. Is this ok? My first iPhone so , I dunno what scrolling behavior should be like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi, congrats on the new iphone 5s. As far as the scrolling issue, sorry haven't heard of it . If it's really annoying you may want to check with Apple.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi people ,I finally have my new iPhone in my hands ! I love it ! Just wanted to ask you guys if it is normal that scrolling is a bit slow ? I men when I flick my finger in my phonebook it doesn't scroll all the way down to the bottom. Likewise in all other apps. Is this ok? My first iPhone so , I dunno what scrolling behavior should be like.

Hi iPerry, congrats on your new iPhone!! If you are coming from Android, then yes scrolling will seem slow to you. It's just a byproduct of a different operating system platform and not a phone defect. In android, a flick of the screen will move pages extremely fast and far.

One nice feature of iOS however is that no matter what app or browser you are in, you can always tap towards the time at the middle top of the screen to automatically scroll back to the very top. I love it.

iPerry7

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Congratulations on your new iPhone!

Your questions have been covered!

Thanks for your replies. This is a completely new so to me. I never before realized just how different iOS and android are. I am still finding my way around it. So far so good :) it's the most expensive phone I have ever bought. I intend to keep it for the next 3 years at least. Would you guys tell me if a case and screen protector are necessary ? If so, which one is food?

daisylin24

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
One nice feature of iOS however is that no matter what app or browser you are in, you can always tap towards the time at the middle top of the screen to automatically scroll back to the very top. I love it.

Thank you! I've had this iPhone for a bit and never knew this, lol. I guess I do learn something new everyday!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Congrats and welcome to the community! Your new iPhone 5s is a fantastic piece of hardware controlled by some amazing software. Look forward to seeing more posts from you in the future :)

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your replies. This is a completely new so to me. I never before realized just how different iOS and android are. I am still finding my way around it. So far so good :) it's the most expensive phone I have ever bought. I intend to keep it for the next 3 years at least. Would you guys tell me if a case and screen protector are necessary ? If so, which one is food?

If you plan on keeping your phone for a while I'd suggest getting a LifeProof case because it is waterproof and drop proof. It covers your phone all the way around and they are great for their warranty exchanges. I can imagine that 3 years from now you'll still want your phone in good cosmetic shape. A lot of people don't care for the LifeProof Frē case because of the plastic (screen protector) on the front, I don't personally care. However, they also have a n??d case (which isn't available as of right now for the 5S, but stay tuned), that works the exact same way except its front is a hard plastic and there is no film on the screen. So your screen is exposed but it is still waterproof and drop proof. I'd watch some YouTube reviews of both cases, just to see. I swear by LifeProof's cases.

Alex_Hong

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Congrats on your purchase! The Space Grey looks great doesn't it? Lol. As mentioned, scrolling behaviour differs from platform to platform, it just takes a while to get used to. Take some time to go through iMore 's guide to iOS 7 http://m.imore.com/ios-7 it should be helpful you make full use of the phone and it's OS.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

EauRouge

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

Some say that a case etc will make your phone last longer than without. Ive had lots of devices and many for 2-3 years, never put a case on a single one. I take care of my phones... not overly baby them just be smart about it

Larry Pager

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Not necessary but will give you piece of mind.
Another option is that if you are going to keep it for 2+ yrs, is to buy Applecare+
People love it and I got it on my space grey 5S

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Nice phone! And yes iphone scrolls slower than android does, but it's smoother In my opinion

ITS ME DAVID

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Hi iPerry, congrats on your new iPhone!! If you are coming from Android, then yes scrolling will seem slow to you. It's just a byproduct of a different operating system platform and not a phone defect. In android, a flick of the screen will move pages extremely fast and far.

I disagree with this it had the gs4 and now iphone 5s and when I flick my finger on scrolls to the bottom fast faster them my gs4

Fortheus

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
in iOS they have innertia scrolling. It has some "resistance".

The faster you swipe up, the faster the scrolling.

Congratz on your purchase and hope you love it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2