Apple confirmed bad battery life on 'very limited' iPhone 5s models

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Oh how I wish that were true. The day that I can order a 5s on the Apple store app and pick up in store, I'll believe it.

They're available in the Cleveland and Albuquerque area's with immediate pick up. So I can get another 1 in my home city or while I'm on the road for work with no issues. Hopefully, that'll be the case in your town soon.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
^ I sure didn't make that type of effort. I'm a huge Apple fan like anyone, but I'm not driving half way across the country to get that phone. The 5c is right there.

I showed up on day one, and several days after that. I don't know what more to tell ya.

Now you're just being argumentative for the sake of doing so.

Half way across the country? lol...ok.

And then you use the same argument for the 5c that we've been using, and some how it's now applicable?

Give me a break.

dazr87

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Now you're just being argumentative for the sake of doing so.

Half way across the country? lol...ok.

And then you use the same argument for the 5c that we've been using, and some how it's now applicable?

Give me a break.

the only one who seems argumentative here is you. You did the same thing to me, had a go and told me I was wrong just because I said something that you either didnt like or was different to what you say. If he says he cant get one where he is, then surely he'd know that more than you? unless of course you've been to that very same store yourself on the same days he has...

Bottom line, you dont need to continuously demean people, laugh at them and shoot them down just because they're saying something different from what you think. It's not nice, it's not clever and it certainly isnt what these forums are for.

Auturi

Banned
Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
We already know it just happens to be more available in some cities than in others, and that's natural. One person here suggested driving 30 miles to find one. Not everyone is going to be doing that.

I've never had to "hunt" for Apple devices, and I don't intend to start now.

The longer the 5s was out of stock, the more attractive the 5c became, which it was already.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Eh, I sense a little bit of "perturbed"...

I know a guy in Singapore who was able to get his hands on a 5s.

At the end of the day, the 5s just wasn't at all easy for me to get. Buying T-Mobile is not usually how I conduct business.

Who said anything about T-mobile? The ones I bought were AT&T models...the one I still have was unlocked the same day I bought it via AT&T's online method. No muss, no fuss...and available to anyone who bought an iPhone 5S from AT&T outside of a contract (I believe the only hang up on this process are people who were still under contract at the time of purchase, they must wait 14 days...the return period...before it can be unlocked, but only in those cases).

At the end of the day, several of us are trying to tell you that the 5S was easy for us to get...and you, for some reason, are convinced that this simply wasn't true. The 5S's were out there, and reading reports across several different Apple related forums, blogs and websites...the same reports are ringing in, where people are literally just walking into the stores on any given day, and they are able to buy a 5S with no trouble.

I've been trying to tell people for about a month now...using the online ordering method to pick up in store is still putting people on hold...where people who are simply walking into the stores physically are typically walking out the same day with the device. I'm not sure how much more clear the point could be...you either potentially wait, or you get what you want the same day...this, for some reason, is difficult for some of you to grasp, but I actually thank you for being dense to the fact, because it possibly allowed me to walk in and get not one, but two gold iPhone's on the days I walked into the store without ordering it.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
the only one who seems argumentative here is you. You did the same thing to me, had a go and told me I was wrong just because I said something that you either didnt like or was different to what you say. If he says he cant get one where he is, then surely he'd know that more than you? unless of course you've been to that very same store yourself on the same days he has...

Bottom line, you dont need to continuously demean people, laugh at them and shoot them down just because they're saying something different from what you think. It's not nice, it's not clever and it certainly isnt what these forums are for.

Schizophrenic much? I don't care what you think is nice, I'm not here to be your friend...when you say something idiotic, you get called out on it. Saying the 5S was impossible to find was idiotic, and was PROVEN inaccurate by the fact that people were walking in, without an order, and buying them. Maybe he was having a problem getting one...and he made it clear that he wasn't going to the stores to try, so to be honest, looking at the facts out there, I'd say the idea that he didn't get one because he didn't try was more than likely the case vs. there simply being zero stock available at any of the stores.

And why is this discussion being had with you? Are you a body guard now? LOL! You've been trolling the board for two days now, calling the kettle black while you do the same things you're trying to lecture someone about. There have been better trolls before you, and will be more after you...at least bring something original to the table.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
We already know it just happens to be more available in some cities than in others, and that's natural. One person here suggested driving 30 miles to find one. Not everyone is going to be doing that.

The longer the 5s was out of stock, the more attractive the 5c became, which it was already.

There's no issue in preferring the 5c, it's a great device. A 30 mile drive is about 15min...if you're not willing to drive 15min. to get something you want, there's literally no reason to even have this discussion with you. 100 miles? Sure, I'll give you that it's a bit of a stretch, and you might not want to drive to that location only to find there are no devices left for the day, but 30 miles? Come on. I've gone further than that on a bicycle just working out...you're acting like we're telling you to drive to a different continent.

dazr87

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Schizophrenic much? I don't care what you think is nice, I'm not here to be your friend...when you say something idiotic, you get called out on it. Saying the 5S was impossible to find was idiotic, and was PROVEN inaccurate by the fact that people were walking in, without an order, and buying them. Maybe he was having a problem getting one...and he made it clear that he wasn't going to the stores to try, so to be honest, looking at the facts out there, I'd say the idea that he didn't get one because he didn't try was more than likely the case vs. there simply being zero stock available at any of the stores.

And why is this discussion being had with you? Are you a body guard now? LOL! You've been trolling the board for two days now, calling the kettle black while you do the same things you're trying to lecture someone about. There have been better trolls before you, and will be more after you...at least bring something original to the table.

lol... thanks, I think you just proved my point.

you clearly dont care what anyone thinks as long as you're right and everyone else is wrong. Just face the facts, you DO NOT know everything, plain and simple. No I'm not a body guard either, I just find it too difficult not to stand up to you when you act like a total and utter **** end to people. Clearly that's not gonna stop tho, so i'm fighting a losing battle. I wasnt trolling any board. My first post was stating facts, it wasnt mean, it wasnt nasty, it was a nice simple factual post, that you obviously didnt like so you thought you'd have a go at me about it, then i replied in the same manner you did to me, then you came back with more and more, so i didnt back down and nor will I. Bullies are just bullies, that's all there is to it. You can say whatever you like about it, but its true, you're nothing but a bully. A face-less bully I might add, which makes it an even more sad situation than this already is. I grew up around people like you and worse than you and I managed just fine.

And for the record... There have been better bullies before YOU, guess what... they hit the ground hard. keep sucking while it lasts big boy, because that juice your sipping is running out fast!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
lol... thanks, I think you just proved my point.

you clearly dont care what anyone thinks as long as you're right and everyone else is wrong. Just face the facts, you DO NOT know everything, plain and simple. No I'm not a body guard either, I just find it too difficult not to stand up to you when you act like a total and utter **** end to people. Clearly that's not gonna stop tho, so i'm fighting a losing battle. I wasnt trolling any board. My first post was stating facts, it wasnt mean, it wasnt nasty, it was a nice simple factual post, that you obviously didnt like so you thought you'd have a go at me about it, then i replied in the same manner you did to me, then you came back with more and more, so i didnt back down and nor will I. Bullies are just bullies, that's all there is to it.

And for the record... There have been better bullies before YOU, guess what... they hit the ground hard. keep sucking while it lasts big boy, because that juice your sipping is running out fast!

kleenex-tissue.jpg

That's all I got for you kiddo...the juice runneth over from where I'm sitting.

Auturi

Banned
Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Personal life stories are not important to me. I'm not an iPhone collector. I was a bit ticked off by the handling of the 5s, so I got the 5c.

I mean I was in the Apple store on launch day, they had phones. They just didn't have the SIM free unlocked option.

I've already seen the 5s.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
There's no issue in preferring the 5c, it's a great device. A 30 mile drive is about 15min...if you're not willing to drive 15min. to get something you want, there's literally no reason to even have this discussion with you. 100 miles? Sure, I'll give you that it's a bit of a stretch, and you might not want to drive to that location only to find there are no devices left for the day, but 30 miles? Come on. I've gone further than that on a bicycle just working out...you're acting like we're telling you to drive to a different continent.

I drove about 20 miles to get my 5s. Even further when I got my iPad 2. I go to Delaware for Macs and IPads no sales tax. Like a hour drive from where I live in Philly with heavy traffic.

#Naked Tuesday

Auturi

Banned
Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
^ Oh yeah, I don't do that. Every Apple device I buy just falls right into my hands. I live just feet away from an Apple store in my university town.

That'd being said, I reviewed the 5s and c before I purchased of course. And I figured I wanted something a little different this time, since I was coming from the 5.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site

I agree with both of you. The distance one is willing to go to get what one desires is 100% a personal choice. For the record, I wasn't recommending one drive 30 miles, I simply stated that is how far I personally had to go for mine. When shopping for my 5S, I was fully prepared to drive up to 150 miles if I found one, simply because I was impatient to get what I want, and fully aware of the effort I might have to put in to get what I want, as soon as possible. If I was slightly more patient, I'm sure I could have gotten a 5S at the closest Apple Store to me within another 24 to 48-hours... but I jumped on the first one I was able to find within my personal distance limit.

You may never have had to hunt for an Apple device before, but with demand for the 5S so ridiculously high... many people are willing to hunt for them. Getting a 5S without putting in extra work was more or less dumb luck around the first weeks of launch. But getting a 5S period was, and is, very possible for everyone, if you put in the effort.

and as others have mentioned multiple times: If you purchased any carrier locked 5S full price, it will be unlocked. If you had any problems getting it unlocked, you have a 30-day window in which to return your device, no questions asked.

Apple Help - Returns and Refund - Apple Store (U.S.)

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Personal life stories are not important to me. I'm not an iPhone collector. I was a bit ticked off by the handling of the 5s, so I got the 5c.

I mean I was in the Apple store on launch day, they had phones. They just didn't have the SIM free unlocked option.

If you wanted a particular iPhone wait until it's available. It's that simple. There are folks here that wanted the Gold 5S and willing to wait for it. In fact enjoyed waiting for it.

#Naked Tuesday

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

The 5S release was handled identically to every previous iPhone release in terms of offering a SIM free, unlocked version...so you must have been ticked for several years now (redundantly I might add). Fortunately, it seems, you were able to buy the phone you preferred anyways, so why are you so hung up on trying to find an error on Apple's part with the way the 5S release went? So it wasn't readily available for YOU...so the gold version was hard to come by? Apple was selling more than they could produce, and this is now a problem? LOL! Boy that really sucks for Microsoft too, since they have a huge problem of having sold out every one of their Day One edition Xbox One's. I bet they're really hating life right now, LMAO!

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site

See my quote above. Any iPhone you buy at full retail price will be unlocked. You chose to pass up on getting a 5S on launch day, over semantics.

^ Oh yeah, I don't do that. Every Apple device I buy just falls right into my hands. I live just feet away from an Apple store in my university town.

That'd being said, I reviewed the 5s and c before I purchased of course. And I figured I wanted something a little different this time, since I was coming from the 5.

That is part of the problem. Expecting a device that is in the kind of demand as the 5S to "just fall in to your hands" is absolutely relying on dumb luck. People are willing to drive countless miles to your university town to buy the 5S's out from under you.

Auturi

Banned
Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
People are willing to drive countless miles to your university town to buy the 5S's out from under you.
It's not that serious. I think that would be a waste of gas.

When I heard that people were camping out weeks prior, I just thought that was crazy. lol they didn't even improve the battery life. lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR