Apple confirmed bad battery life on 'very limited' iPhone 5s models

Auturi

Banned
Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I know you'd like to think that (based on your thread in the 5c sub), but the 5S is pretty regularly available all over the map now.

Oh how I wish that were true. The day that I can order a 5s on the Apple store app and pick up in store, I'll believe it.

There's been a slew of problems with the 5s release. But you're lucky to have gotten one.

dazr87

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Oh how I wish that were true. The day that I can order a 5s on the Apple store app and pick up in store, I'll believe it.

There's been a slew of problems with the 5s release. But you're lucky to have gotten one.

yeah i wouldnt worry, you're not the only one who cant get hold of a 5S at the minute. I'm sure it'll sort itself out eventually. :)

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I get 4 hours of usage on average. That makes no sense. It's just from browsing the net. I've been having these issues with all my iPhones except the iPhone 4.
I'm not trying to be combative here. I really think your usage time of 4 hours is as good as it gets because based on many of your postings, you come off as a very heavy user of the phone. It makes perfect sense.

Now I'm curious to see if you're actually "returning" it to get it replaced for another or going to use a different phone. I have a feeling if you get it replaced you're going to tell us what a dramatic improvement you've experienced with battery life.

Give me a break. Nobody is lucky to have an iPhone 5S. Since release, I've come up on three without that big a problem. I've stayed quiet on this subject for a good chunk of time, but many people are overblowing the availability of the thing. It isn't that difficult.

dazr87

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm not trying to be combative here. I really think your usage time of 4 hours is as good as it gets because based on many of your postings, you come off as a very heavy user of the phone. It makes perfect sense.

Now I'm curious to see if you're actually "returning" it to get it replaced for another or going to use a different phone. I have a feeling if you get it replaced you're going to tell us what a dramatic improvement you've experienced with battery life.

Give me a break. Nobody is lucky to have an iPhone 5S. Since release, I've come up on three without that big a problem. I've stayed quiet on this subject for a good chunk of time, but many people are overblowing the availability of the thing. It isn't that difficult.

then you must be lucky. the only 2 stores in my state have a 2-3 week shipping wait... Actually no, i've just checked, its not only the state but the whole of Australia that has a 2-3 week wait. iPhone 5C however is 24 hours.

Auturi

Banned
Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

Originally, I was in the market for the Space Gray.

If they didn't have that, I would've gotten the Silver.

If they didn't have that, I would've gotten the blue 5c.

If they didn't have that, I would've gotten the pink.

If they didn't have the pink, I would've gotten the white 5c.

But they didn't have any 5s's so I made my choice.

And if I discovered that the battery was poor, I would take it right back.

And actually, I was in line on launch day. There was only about 40-50 of us. I was turned away because they didn't have any unlocked. Fail.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site

I'm returning it to use another iPhone. I don't wana change it for a different device.
The genius dude did some tests and diagnostics and there were issues with the hardware. The battery was at 65% condition. So I was right after all.
I got a replacement😄.
Pretty happy.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site

That is exactly how I got my 5S. Granted, I didn't just go to the website once and expect it to be there... It took a little more work than that. I went multiple times over the course of many hours... but eventually, I did find a 5S available for in-store pickup at an Apple Store about 30 miles from me.

and if getting a 5S means you're "lucky" then there were about 6 million lucky people over the weekend of September 20th, 21st, and 22nd... and many millions more over the following month since.

These devices aren't rare or produced in low numbers... they are in fact more plentiful than any iPhone to come before it. The only problem with the 5S release, if you want to call it a problem, has been that the demand from consumers is higher than any iPhone to come before. So that increased supply, still isn't enough to meet demand.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

It's definitely true. People are walking into the Apple stores and walking out with iPhone 5S's. My wife had to go in for service on her iMac after trying to install Mavericks this past weekend...while there, we noticed there was no line of people waiting for the 5S. I asked if they were sold out for the day and the guy said "We've had stock on hand for about a week now...the only one that is still less prevalent is the gold one, but we've had quite a few of those each day in our shipment as well...", and as we sat there while the genius bar was looking at her iMac, the guy came and asked if I was wanting to buy a 5S, and I just laughed and said "Nah, I have a gold one..." and he said "Ok, because we have a couple of gold AT&T models in the back...", both were 32GB as well.

The devices are out there. Walk into your local Apple store and you'll see. Stop trying to use this online order with in store pick up...just walk in and get one. You'll understand why many of us are constantly saying what we do...I could care less if you get a phone or not, I'm just trying to let people know that if you go to your local store, chances are you'll come home with a 5S. The stock is certainly out there for the taking.

And what "problems" have been associated with the 5S release? The fact that the demand is higher than the supply? That's called successful business bud. The day that a company is having a "problem" because their product is so popular that they can't keep stock on the shelves will be the day that every business around the world just fails...it's such a hilarious thing to think that someone out there feels there's an "issue" because stores can't keep stock on shelves. Samsung would KILL to be in this position at any level of their phone production.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The devices are out there. Walk into your local Apple store and you'll see. Stop trying to use this online order with in store pick up...just walk in and get one. You'll understand why many of us are constantly saying what we do...I could care less if you get a phone or not, I'm just trying to let people know that if you go to your local store, chances are you'll come home with a 5S. The stock is certainly out there for the taking.

For every person who is waiting on their ship date, just do this. It's good cardio.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
This is the 290th time Auturi has been told this and will still say he/she won't "take that risk." Apparently some Apple stores have 10 minute return policies.

It seems as though Auturi has a 5s chip on his/her shoulder. I can't understand why.

#Naked Tuesday

Auturi

Banned
Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
^ I sure didn't make that type of effort. I'm a huge Apple fan like anyone, but I'm not driving half way across the country to get that phone. The 5c is right there.

I showed up on day one, and several days after that. I don't know what more to tell ya.