Apple confirmed bad battery life on 'very limited' iPhone 5s models

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You gotta love it when a very key piece of information is left out of a title to draw more attention...lol. Key being "a small number", otherwise known as an isolated issue.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You gotta love it when a very key piece of information is left out of a title to draw more attention...lol. Key being "a small number", otherwise known as an isolated issue.

You know how it is Sean. They are attempting to attract readers and cause a stir by people who only read the headline and then rush out to start a flawed conversation about it without ever reading the body of the article. Far too many people are like that.

Stefano_B

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I get pretty good battery life, considering I have sprint and signal on 3G is probably the worst on any carrier. Easily a full day. On standby it's incredible. Pretty satisfied overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazr87

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site

well the key piece of info you speak of is in the title, as it reads... "Apple confirmed bad battery life on some iPhone 5s models". If you take the definition of the word "some", here is what you'll find as a determiner:

an unspecified amount or number of.
at least a small amount or number of.

As a pronoun:

an unspecified number or amount of people or things.

so in fact the title of this post is correct, as the user didnt specify his "stress" level of the word "some" nor does he or anyone else know the actual number. Apple saying a "small number" of devices is the same as saying "some" :tongue:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
well the key piece of info you speak of is in the title, as it reads... "Apple confirmed bad battery life on some iPhone 5s models". If you take the definition of the word "some", here is what you'll find as a determiner:

an unspecified amount or number of.
at least a small amount or number of.

As a pronoun:

an unspecified number or amount of people or things.

so in fact the title of this post is correct, as the user didnt specify his "stress" level of the word "some" nor does he or anyone else know the actual number. Apple saying a "small number" of devices is the same as saying "some" :tongue:

Oh look...a verbiage lesson with your first post! Where to begin...

There's a vast difference between these two sentences...

"Apple confirmed bad battery life on a small number of iPhone 5S models..."

"Apple confirmed bad battery life on some iPhone 5S models..."

...you know what the difference is? The same thing sensationalistic media sources (IE: Fox News, CNN, Yahoo, etc) do to attract attention...they omit terminology that would detract viewers from the subject matter...let's try this another way...

"Some people are buying an iPhone 5S."

"Millions of people are buying an iPhone 5S."

...the use of some is not the same as the use of a more definitive "small number" term.

Thanks for playing.

dazr87

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Oh look...a verbiage lesson with your first post! Where to begin...

There's a vast difference between these two sentences...

"Apple confirmed bad battery life on a small number of iPhone 5S models..."

"Apple confirmed bad battery life on some iPhone 5S models..."

...you know what the difference is? The same thing sensationalistic media sources (IE: Fox News, CNN, Yahoo, etc) do to attract attention...they omit terminology that would detract viewers from the subject matter...let's try this another way...

"Some people are buying an iPhone 5S."

"Tens of millions of people are buying an iPhone 5S."

...the use of some is not the same as the use of a more definitive "small number" term.

Thanks for playing.

haha someone's touchy! hit a nerve?

Problem being is that I have a feeling the guy isnt a "sensationalistic media source" as you like to put it. As for it being my first post, why should that play a part in anything?

One day you'll fall off that great big pedestal of yours and hit your head, careful ;)

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
"Come on boys. We don't want any trouble in here. Not in any language."-Marshall Fred White Tombstone.

#Naked Tuesday

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
haha someone's touchy! hit a nerve?

Problem being is that I have a feeling the guy isnt a "sensationalistic media source" as you like to put it. As for it being my first post, why should that play a part in anything?

One day you'll fall off that great big pedestal of yours and hit your head, careful ;)

And then a personal shot on post #2? Do trolls even try to pose as normal members anymore? lol...no nerve touched, just thought it was odd that a person signed up for the forums and come in with that kind of reply. Kind of made your intentions clear, but odd none the less.

To humor your response, if the intention was to reflect the article, why not reflect it? If it wasn't an attempt to represent it differently, why go through the effort of changing the wording? Why not just copy pasta? It's typical, especially when reporting an Apple "issue" or "problem" report.

You understood my point clearly though, so if your intention is to try and kick up dust, knock yourself out kiddo.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
They always come up with something. No way to say what batch because we don't know when it was done or how Apple packages things.

dazr87

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
And then a personal shot on post #2? Do trolls even try to pose as normal members anymore? lol...no nerve touched, just thought it was odd that a person signed up for the forums and come in with that kind of reply. Kind of made your intentions clear, but odd none the less.

To humor your response, if the intention was to reflect the article, why not reflect it? If it wasn't an attempt to represent it differently, why go through the effort of changing the wording? Why not just copy pasta? It's typical, especially when reporting an Apple "issue" or "problem" report.

You understood my point clearly though, so if your intention is to try and kick up dust, knock yourself out kiddo.

check my sign up date...

I was merely pointing out that he used the word "some" which wasnt wrong! get a grip.

As far as personal shots go "Oh look...a verbiage lesson with your first post! Where to begin..." was your first words in reply to me, if that wasn't a sarcastic way of a personal shot then you need to word you posts better.

The dust has already been kicked up by the looks of your first post to me anyways, I'm just wading my way through it...

In response to you famous last words "knock yourself out kiddo"...

Well, we can see where you're headed. I'll stop you there before you blow a gasket...

However, I'm not here to waste time arguing over something so childishly trivial. So I'll end this here and now. I've got no more to say on the matter, I think it best!

Manners cost nothing, so i'll take the high ground and apologise to anyone I may have offended and upset, that was not my intention :)

over and out!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
check my sign up date...

I was merely pointing out that he used the word "some" which wasnt wrong! get a grip.

As far as personal shots go "Oh look...a verbiage lesson with your first post! Where to begin..." was your first words in reply to me, if that wasn't a sarcastic way of a personal shot then you need to word you posts better.

The dust has already been kicked up by the looks of your first post to me anyways, I'm just wading my way through it...

In response to you famous last words "knock yourself out kiddo"...

Well, we can see where you're headed. I'll stop you there before you blow a gasket...

However, I'm not here to waste time arguing over something so childishly trivial. So I'll end this here and now. I've got no more to say on the matter, I think it best!

Manners cost nothing, so i'll take the high ground and apologise to anyone I may have offended and upset, that was not my intention :)

over and out!

That was probably a good move on your part.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox