then you must be lucky. the only 2 stores in my state have a 2-3 week shipping wait...
    I guarantee you if you just order it it'll ship quicker than that. Two to three weeks is a margin for error. No matter the country you're in.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    10-31-2013 02:08 AM
    I guarantee you if you just order it it'll ship quicker than that. Two to three weeks is a margin for error. No matter the country you're in.
    oh thanks! I'll be happy to pass on this info to a few friends who've already waited over a week and half.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    10-31-2013 02:15 AM
    Give me a break. Nobody is lucky to have an iPhone 5S. Since release, I've come up on three without that big a problem. I've stayed quiet on this subject for a good chunk of time, but many people are overblowing the availability of the thing. It isn't that difficult.
    Originally, I was in the market for the Space Gray.

If they didn't have that, I would've gotten the Silver.

If they didn't have that, I would've gotten the blue 5c.

If they didn't have that, I would've gotten the pink.

If they didn't have the pink, I would've gotten the white 5c.

But they didn't have any 5s's so I made my choice.

And if I discovered that the battery was poor, I would take it right back.

And actually, I was in line on launch day. There was only about 40-50 of us. I was turned away because they didn't have any unlocked. Fail.
    dazr87 likes this.
    10-31-2013 02:30 AM
    I'm not trying to be combative here. I really think your usage time of 4 hours is as good as it gets because based on many of your postings, you come off as a very heavy user of the phone. It makes perfect sense.

Now I'm curious to see if you're actually "returning" it to get it replaced for another or going to use a different phone. I have a feeling if you get it replaced you're going to tell us what a dramatic improvement you've experienced with battery life.

Give me a break. Nobody is lucky to have an iPhone 5S. Since release, I've come up on three without that big a problem. I've stayed quiet on this subject for a good chunk of time, but many people are overblowing the availability of the thing. It isn't that difficult.
    I'm returning it to use another iPhone. I don't wana change it for a different device.
    The genius dude did some tests and diagnostics and there were issues with the hardware. The battery was at 65% condition. So I was right after all.
    I got a replacementšŸ˜„.
    Pretty happy.
    dazr87 and nikkisharif like this.
    10-31-2013 03:45 AM
    Oh how I wish that were true. The day that I can order a 5s on the Apple store app and pick up in store, I'll believe it.

There's been a slew of problems with the 5s release. But you're lucky to have gotten one.
    That is exactly how I got my 5S. Granted, I didn't just go to the website once and expect it to be there... It took a little more work than that. I went multiple times over the course of many hours... but eventually, I did find a 5S available for in-store pickup at an Apple Store about 30 miles from me.

and if getting a 5S means you're "lucky" then there were about 6 million lucky people over the weekend of September 20th, 21st, and 22nd... and many millions more over the following month since.

These devices aren't rare or produced in low numbers... they are in fact more plentiful than any iPhone to come before it. The only problem with the 5S release, if you want to call it a problem, has been that the demand from consumers is higher than any iPhone to come before. So that increased supply, still isn't enough to meet demand.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    10-31-2013 04:40 AM
    Oh how I wish that were true. The day that I can order a 5s on the Apple store app and pick up in store, I'll believe it.

There's been a slew of problems with the 5s release. But you're lucky to have gotten one.
    It's definitely true. People are walking into the Apple stores and walking out with iPhone 5S's. My wife had to go in for service on her iMac after trying to install Mavericks this past weekend...while there, we noticed there was no line of people waiting for the 5S. I asked if they were sold out for the day and the guy said "We've had stock on hand for about a week now...the only one that is still less prevalent is the gold one, but we've had quite a few of those each day in our shipment as well...", and as we sat there while the genius bar was looking at her iMac, the guy came and asked if I was wanting to buy a 5S, and I just laughed and said "Nah, I have a gold one..." and he said "Ok, because we have a couple of gold AT&T models in the back...", both were 32GB as well.

The devices are out there. Walk into your local Apple store and you'll see. Stop trying to use this online order with in store pick up...just walk in and get one. You'll understand why many of us are constantly saying what we do...I could care less if you get a phone or not, I'm just trying to let people know that if you go to your local store, chances are you'll come home with a 5S. The stock is certainly out there for the taking.

And what "problems" have been associated with the 5S release? The fact that the demand is higher than the supply? That's called successful business bud. The day that a company is having a "problem" because their product is so popular that they can't keep stock on the shelves will be the day that every business around the world just fails...it's such a hilarious thing to think that someone out there feels there's an "issue" because stores can't keep stock on shelves. Samsung would KILL to be in this position at any level of their phone production.
    nikkisharif and jmr1015 like this.
    10-31-2013 07:41 AM
    Originally, I was in the market for the Space Gray.

If they didn't have that, I would've gotten the Silver.

If they didn't have that, I would've gotten the blue 5c.

If they didn't have that, I would've gotten the pink.

If they didn't have the pink, I would've gotten the white 5c.

But they didn't have any 5s's so I made my choice.

And if I discovered that the battery was poor, I would take it right back.

And actually, I was in line on launch day. There was only about 40-50 of us. I was turned away because they didn't have any unlocked. Fail.
    They did have them unlocked. Just pay full price and it's automatically unlocked.
    BreakingKayfabe and jmr1015 like this.
    10-31-2013 08:18 AM
    They did have them unlocked. Just pay full price and it's automatically unlocked.
    This is the 290th time Auturi has been told this and will still say he/she won't "take that risk." Apparently some Apple stores have 10 minute return policies.
    jmr1015 likes this.
    10-31-2013 10:11 AM
    The devices are out there. Walk into your local Apple store and you'll see. Stop trying to use this online order with in store pick up...just walk in and get one. You'll understand why many of us are constantly saying what we do...I could care less if you get a phone or not, I'm just trying to let people know that if you go to your local store, chances are you'll come home with a 5S. The stock is certainly out there for the taking.
    For every person who is waiting on their ship date, just do this. It's good cardio.
    10-31-2013 10:15 AM
    This is the 290th time Auturi has been told this and will still say he/she won't "take that risk." Apparently some Apple stores have 10 minute return policies.
    It seems as though Auturi has a 5s chip on his/her shoulder. I can't understand why.

#Naked Tuesday
    10-31-2013 10:26 AM
    It seems as though Auturi has a 5s chip on his/her shoulder. I can't understand why.

#Naked Tuesday
    Because he/she didn't make the effort the rest of us did to find one.
    10-31-2013 10:32 AM
    ^ I sure didn't make that type of effort. I'm a huge Apple fan like anyone, but I'm not driving half way across the country to get that phone. The 5c is right there.

I showed up on day one, and several days after that. I don't know what more to tell ya.
    10-31-2013 11:09 AM
    then you must be lucky. the only 2 stores in my state have a 2-3 week shipping wait... Actually no, i've just checked, its not only the state but the whole of Australia that has a 2-3 week wait. iPhone 5C however is 24 hours.
    Move to a different country then.
    10-31-2013 11:14 AM
    They're available in the Cleveland and Albuquerque area's with immediate pick up. So I can get another 1 in my home city or while I'm on the road for work with no issues. Hopefully, that'll be the case in your town soon.
    10-31-2013 11:21 AM
    ^ I sure didn't make that type of effort. I'm a huge Apple fan like anyone, but I'm not driving half way across the country to get that phone. The 5c is right there.

I showed up on day one, and several days after that. I don't know what more to tell ya.
    Now you're just being argumentative for the sake of doing so.

Half way across the country? lol...ok.

And then you use the same argument for the 5c that we've been using, and some how it's now applicable?

Give me a break.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    10-31-2013 11:49 AM
    Move to a different country then.
    no thanks lol
    10-31-2013 12:14 PM
    Now you're just being argumentative for the sake of doing so.

Half way across the country? lol...ok.

And then you use the same argument for the 5c that we've been using, and some how it's now applicable?

Give me a break.
    the only one who seems argumentative here is you. You did the same thing to me, had a go and told me I was wrong just because I said something that you either didnt like or was different to what you say. If he says he cant get one where he is, then surely he'd know that more than you? unless of course you've been to that very same store yourself on the same days he has...

Bottom line, you dont need to continuously demean people, laugh at them and shoot them down just because they're saying something different from what you think. It's not nice, it's not clever and it certainly isnt what these forums are for.
    10-31-2013 12:18 PM
    We already know it just happens to be more available in some cities than in others, and that's natural. One person here suggested driving 30 miles to find one. Not everyone is going to be doing that.

I've never had to "hunt" for Apple devices, and I don't intend to start now.

The longer the 5s was out of stock, the more attractive the 5c became, which it was already.
    dazr87 and jmr1015 like this.
    10-31-2013 12:24 PM
    Eh, I sense a little bit of "perturbed"...

I know a guy in Singapore who was able to get his hands on a 5s.

At the end of the day, the 5s just wasn't at all easy for me to get. Buying T-Mobile is not usually how I conduct business.
    Who said anything about T-mobile? The ones I bought were AT&T models...the one I still have was unlocked the same day I bought it via AT&T's online method. No muss, no fuss...and available to anyone who bought an iPhone 5S from AT&T outside of a contract (I believe the only hang up on this process are people who were still under contract at the time of purchase, they must wait 14 days...the return period...before it can be unlocked, but only in those cases).

At the end of the day, several of us are trying to tell you that the 5S was easy for us to get...and you, for some reason, are convinced that this simply wasn't true. The 5S's were out there, and reading reports across several different Apple related forums, blogs and websites...the same reports are ringing in, where people are literally just walking into the stores on any given day, and they are able to buy a 5S with no trouble.

I've been trying to tell people for about a month now...using the online ordering method to pick up in store is still putting people on hold...where people who are simply walking into the stores physically are typically walking out the same day with the device. I'm not sure how much more clear the point could be...you either potentially wait, or you get what you want the same day...this, for some reason, is difficult for some of you to grasp, but I actually thank you for being dense to the fact, because it possibly allowed me to walk in and get not one, but two gold iPhone's on the days I walked into the store without ordering it.
    10-31-2013 12:30 PM
    the only one who seems argumentative here is you. You did the same thing to me, had a go and told me I was wrong just because I said something that you either didnt like or was different to what you say. If he says he cant get one where he is, then surely he'd know that more than you? unless of course you've been to that very same store yourself on the same days he has...

Bottom line, you dont need to continuously demean people, laugh at them and shoot them down just because they're saying something different from what you think. It's not nice, it's not clever and it certainly isnt what these forums are for.
    Schizophrenic much? I don't care what you think is nice, I'm not here to be your friend...when you say something idiotic, you get called out on it. Saying the 5S was impossible to find was idiotic, and was PROVEN inaccurate by the fact that people were walking in, without an order, and buying them. Maybe he was having a problem getting one...and he made it clear that he wasn't going to the stores to try, so to be honest, looking at the facts out there, I'd say the idea that he didn't get one because he didn't try was more than likely the case vs. there simply being zero stock available at any of the stores.

And why is this discussion being had with you? Are you a body guard now? LOL! You've been trolling the board for two days now, calling the kettle black while you do the same things you're trying to lecture someone about. There have been better trolls before you, and will be more after you...at least bring something original to the table.
    10-31-2013 12:42 PM
    We already know it just happens to be more available in some cities than in others, and that's natural. One person here suggested driving 30 miles to find one. Not everyone is going to be doing that.

I've never had to "hunt" for Apple devices, and I don't intend to start now.

The longer the 5s was out of stock, the more attractive the 5c became, which it was already.
    There's no issue in preferring the 5c, it's a great device. A 30 mile drive is about 15min...if you're not willing to drive 15min. to get something you want, there's literally no reason to even have this discussion with you. 100 miles? Sure, I'll give you that it's a bit of a stretch, and you might not want to drive to that location only to find there are no devices left for the day, but 30 miles? Come on. I've gone further than that on a bicycle just working out...you're acting like we're telling you to drive to a different continent.
    10-31-2013 12:46 PM
    Schizophrenic much? I don't care what you think is nice, I'm not here to be your friend...when you say something idiotic, you get called out on it. Saying the 5S was impossible to find was idiotic, and was PROVEN inaccurate by the fact that people were walking in, without an order, and buying them. Maybe he was having a problem getting one...and he made it clear that he wasn't going to the stores to try, so to be honest, looking at the facts out there, I'd say the idea that he didn't get one because he didn't try was more than likely the case vs. there simply being zero stock available at any of the stores.

And why is this discussion being had with you? Are you a body guard now? LOL! You've been trolling the board for two days now, calling the kettle black while you do the same things you're trying to lecture someone about. There have been better trolls before you, and will be more after you...at least bring something original to the table.
    lol... thanks, I think you just proved my point.

you clearly dont care what anyone thinks as long as you're right and everyone else is wrong. Just face the facts, you DO NOT know everything, plain and simple. No I'm not a body guard either, I just find it too difficult not to stand up to you when you act like a total and utter **** end to people. Clearly that's not gonna stop tho, so i'm fighting a losing battle. I wasnt trolling any board. My first post was stating facts, it wasnt mean, it wasnt nasty, it was a nice simple factual post, that you obviously didnt like so you thought you'd have a go at me about it, then i replied in the same manner you did to me, then you came back with more and more, so i didnt back down and nor will I. Bullies are just bullies, that's all there is to it. You can say whatever you like about it, but its true, you're nothing but a bully. A face-less bully I might add, which makes it an even more sad situation than this already is. I grew up around people like you and worse than you and I managed just fine.

And for the record... There have been better bullies before YOU, guess what... they hit the ground hard. keep sucking while it lasts big boy, because that juice your sipping is running out fast!
    10-31-2013 12:57 PM
    lol... thanks, I think you just proved my point.

you clearly dont care what anyone thinks as long as you're right and everyone else is wrong. Just face the facts, you DO NOT know everything, plain and simple. No I'm not a body guard either, I just find it too difficult not to stand up to you when you act like a total and utter **** end to people. Clearly that's not gonna stop tho, so i'm fighting a losing battle. I wasnt trolling any board. My first post was stating facts, it wasnt mean, it wasnt nasty, it was a nice simple factual post, that you obviously didnt like so you thought you'd have a go at me about it, then i replied in the same manner you did to me, then you came back with more and more, so i didnt back down and nor will I. Bullies are just bullies, that's all there is to it.

And for the record... There have been better bullies before YOU, guess what... they hit the ground hard. keep sucking while it lasts big boy, because that juice your sipping is running out fast!

That's all I got for you kiddo...the juice runneth over from where I'm sitting.
    dazr87 likes this.
    10-31-2013 01:05 PM
    Personal life stories are not important to me. I'm not an iPhone collector. I was a bit ticked off by the handling of the 5s, so I got the 5c.

I mean I was in the Apple store on launch day, they had phones. They just didn't have the SIM free unlocked option.

I've already seen the 5s.
    10-31-2013 01:16 PM
    There's no issue in preferring the 5c, it's a great device. A 30 mile drive is about 15min...if you're not willing to drive 15min. to get something you want, there's literally no reason to even have this discussion with you. 100 miles? Sure, I'll give you that it's a bit of a stretch, and you might not want to drive to that location only to find there are no devices left for the day, but 30 miles? Come on. I've gone further than that on a bicycle just working out...you're acting like we're telling you to drive to a different continent.
    I drove about 20 miles to get my 5s. Even further when I got my iPad 2. I go to Delaware for Macs and IPads no sales tax. Like a hour drive from where I live in Philly with heavy traffic.

#Naked Tuesday
    10-31-2013 01:19 PM
145 12345 ...