Updated title of the thread with specific wording made by Apple and updated the OP with the iMore link to the story.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    10-30-2013 02:20 PM
    Updated title of the thread with specific wording made by Apple and updated the OP with the iMore link to the story.
    oh thanks for that
    10-30-2013 02:21 PM
    I bet you anything that any other model phone from any other manufacturer constantly has some bad battery issues at initial release. It's just not emphasized because those companies aren't selling as many released devices as quickly as Apple.
    10-30-2013 02:24 PM
    i like lucky charms
    10-30-2013 02:24 PM
    I bet you anything that any other model phone from any other manufacturer constantly has some bad battery issues at initial release. It's just not emphasized because those companies aren't selling as many released devices as quickly as Apple.
    oh for sure! Having said that, being at the top also means you're likely to get all of your dirty laundry aired too. Just look at low profile celebs compared to high profile ones. At least we now know that it was a very limited number of handsets and we can all calm down now that the title has been corrected
    10-30-2013 02:33 PM
    Well at least Apple recognized the batt issue and will reach out to owners and replace the unit. This is all good news.

#Naked Tuesday
    dazr87 likes this.
    10-30-2013 02:43 PM
    #Breaking News - bad batteries, massive under taking of replacing iPhones.......

Oh and Apple is Doomed.......
    10-30-2013 03:41 PM
    #Breaking News - bad batteries, massive under taking of replacing iPhones.......

Oh and Apple is Doomed.......
    OH THE HUMANITY!!!!!!!

#Naked Tuesday
    10-30-2013 03:53 PM
    You know it.. don't spread lies lol

OH THE HUMANITY!!!!!!!

#Naked Tuesday
    10-30-2013 04:00 PM
    I'm glad they're doing something about it. Luckily, my launch day device has no battery issues or any other issues for that matteršŸ˜

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    10-30-2013 04:33 PM
    Aren't all the 5s's very limited?
    10-30-2013 04:45 PM
    No. Millions of people have managed to get them.
    10-30-2013 05:20 PM
    The Space Gray 5S was available in good supply on launch day, while the Silver and Gold models were not as easy to get. That has changed now and most can obtain these 2 models within a week or two from Apple or their wireless carrier.
    newsman787 likes this.
    10-30-2013 07:19 PM
    "Come on boys. We don't want any trouble in here. Not in any language."-Marshall Fred White Tombstone.

#Naked Tuesday
    There's no "White" in the title of that classic. Pistols at dawn cowboy!

P.S. Just a joke by the way.
    BLiNK likes this.
    10-30-2013 08:35 PM
    I know you'd like to think that (based on your thread in the 5c sub), but the 5S is pretty regularly available all over the map now.
    10-30-2013 08:55 PM
    for apple is easy to know, probably just a batch of iphones manufactured on X day have the issues, they can know the "serials" of all the batteries that have the issues and can know in what iphones they put those batteries... so nothing hard for an organized company to do that.

IMO, the "very limited" iphones with the issues can be 500, 1000, 5000, in the worst case all the iphones made in a week...
    dazr87 and nikkisharif like this.
    10-30-2013 09:16 PM
    I've been experiencing bad battery life ever since i got my 5s, returning it as we speak
    dazr87 likes this.
    10-31-2013 12:34 AM
    I've been experiencing bad battery life ever since i got my 5s, returning it as we speak
    good idea better to get a one that works properly.
    10-31-2013 12:50 AM
    good idea better to get a one that works properly.
    I get 4 hours of usage on average. That makes no sense. It's just from browsing the net. I've been having these issues with all my iPhones except the iPhone 4.
    dazr87 likes this.
    10-31-2013 12:52 AM
    I know you'd like to think that (based on your thread in the 5c sub), but the 5S is pretty regularly available all over the map now.
    Oh how I wish that were true. The day that I can order a 5s on the Apple store app and pick up in store, I'll believe it.

There's been a slew of problems with the 5s release. But you're lucky to have gotten one.
    dazr87 likes this.
    10-31-2013 01:02 AM
    deleted
    10-31-2013 01:24 AM
    I get 4 hours of usage on average. That makes no sense. It's just from browsing the net. I've been having these issues with all my iPhones except the iPhone 4.
    yeah my dad and bro get really bad battery on the iPhones too. 4 hours tho... thats crazy! definitely take it back!
    Sekelani Zwambila likes this.
    10-31-2013 01:25 AM
    Oh how I wish that were true. The day that I can order a 5s on the Apple store app and pick up in store, I'll believe it.

There's been a slew of problems with the 5s release. But you're lucky to have gotten one.
    yeah i wouldnt worry, you're not the only one who cant get hold of a 5S at the minute. I'm sure it'll sort itself out eventually.
    10-31-2013 01:32 AM
    I'm not trying to be combative here. I really think your usage time of 4 hours is as good as it gets because based on many of your postings, you come off as a very heavy user of the phone. It makes perfect sense.

Now I'm curious to see if you're actually "returning" it to get it replaced for another or going to use a different phone. I have a feeling if you get it replaced you're going to tell us what a dramatic improvement you've experienced with battery life.

Give me a break. Nobody is lucky to have an iPhone 5S. Since release, I've come up on three without that big a problem. I've stayed quiet on this subject for a good chunk of time, but many people are overblowing the availability of the thing. It isn't that difficult.
    anon4757448 and nikkisharif like this.
    10-31-2013 01:50 AM
    I'm not trying to be combative here. I really think your usage time of 4 hours is as good as it gets because based on many of your postings, you come off as a very heavy user of the phone. It makes perfect sense.

Now I'm curious to see if you're actually "returning" it to get it replaced for another or going to use a different phone. I have a feeling if you get it replaced you're going to tell us what a dramatic improvement you've experienced with battery life.

Give me a break. Nobody is lucky to have an iPhone 5S. Since release, I've come up on three without that big a problem. I've stayed quiet on this subject for a good chunk of time, but many people are overblowing the availability of the thing. It isn't that difficult.
    then you must be lucky. the only 2 stores in my state have a 2-3 week shipping wait... Actually no, i've just checked, its not only the state but the whole of Australia that has a 2-3 week wait. iPhone 5C however is 24 hours.
    10-31-2013 02:04 AM
145 1234 ...