So I bought my 5s a little over two weeks ago and just decided I should get apple care cause I rock it without a case. If I do drop it and get some scratches, dents ect and bring it in they would replace it if I wanted to right? Obviously if the screen cracks they will right? Will they give you a brand new one right out of the box or are they all refurbished?
    10-29-2013 12:11 PM
    The guide via the following link will shed some light on your question.

http://forums.imore.com/guides-how-tos/255643-guide-applecare-protection-plan.html

This is what is NOT covered:

1. Damages caused by abuse or misuse.

2. A device in which the serial number has been removed or altered.

3. Lost or stolen devices

4. Cosmetic damages

5. Preventive maintenance

6. Normal wear and tear

7. Pre-Existing conditions
    10-29-2013 12:16 PM
    Normal wear and tear isn't necessary grounds to "replace" a phone if the phone is still functioning properly. Read the terms and conditions of the service you just splurged money on, it explains it all.

A nice cheap barely there slim case that will keep your expensive device scratch and wear free can be had for as much or less than the price of a latte. I barely find the wisdom in going caseless. Every device I've ever owned always looks mint as the day I got it when I'm done with them and sell them at still high a value. But to each his/her own.

AppleCare extends the standard manufacturers warranty one more year for a total of 2 years.
    10-29-2013 12:21 PM
    So I bought my 5s a little over two weeks ago and just decided I should get apple care cause I rock it without a case. If I do drop it and get some scratches, dents ect and bring it in they would replace it if I wanted to right? Obviously if the screen cracks they will right? Will they give you a brand new one right out of the box or are they all refurbished?
    AppleCare is the free, included with purchase 1 year warranty. D's response is correct for AppleCare. If you paid for the AppleCare+ ($99 add on insurance), then yes, it will cover scratches, dents, broken screens, etc. The cost for that replacement is $79 per incident, and you get a max of 2 replacements within the 2 year coverage period. You will probably get a new one (out of a plain white box), but it’s possible to get a refurbished device, as well.
    10-29-2013 12:22 PM
    I agree but the time you drop your phone and that screen cracks with or without case it's nice to know your covered a little bit with apple. I guess if your really wanted a new phone that has some has scratches you can go ahead and just crack your screen haha. Right? The question is will you get a brand new one? They said even though it might not come straight from the original box it's still brand new
    10-29-2013 12:26 PM
    I agree but the time you drop your phone and that screen cracks with or without case it's nice to know your covered a little bit with apple. I guess if your really wanted a new phone that has some has scratches you can go ahead and just crack your screen haha. Right? The question is will you get a brand new one? They said even though it might not come straight from the original box it's still brand new
    You stand a very high likelihood of receiving a refurbished model (the further away from release date you get, the better the chance becomes of your device being replaced by a refurb model). These phones are identical to new devices, because they are built with brand new parts (only using parts from older models that were essentially "new" and had zero signs of usage or damage).

Apple Care + will replace your phone, regardless of the issue you have (as long as you still have the phone), you you simply pay the deductible. If your phone had a small scratch on it that drove you nuts, and you paid the deductible, you'd get a replacement. It really doesn't matter what the reason is, as long as you pay your deductible and still have the original device.
    jmr1015 and RollTideFanGrl like this.
    10-29-2013 12:35 PM
    I have a question that I am confused with ..Can you purchase Apple Care within the 30 days you order the iphone or within the 30 days you actually received your phone shipped?
    10-29-2013 09:13 PM
    I have a question that I am confused with ..Can you purchase Apple Care within the 30 days you order the iphone or within the 30 days you actually received your phone shipped?
    AppleCare+ must be purchased within 30 days of the date you bought your new device.
    RollTideFanGrl likes this.
    10-29-2013 09:16 PM
    Thanks..I was confused since I purchased the phone on Sept. 20th. I purchased it via telephone tonight with Apple Care and they stated it goes by the date they charge your credit card before shipping..So they charged mine 10/5. I had a short window left so I got it..
    How to get AppleCare+

Add it to your shopping cart during the checkout process when you purchase your new iPhone.
    Buy it within 30 days of your iPhone purchase. Your iPhone purchase date is the date we ship and charge you for your order:

AppleCare+ for iPhone - Apple Store (U.S.)
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-29-2013 11:28 PM