I really like the Touch-ID on my 5s BUT lately I have found that it is not working reliably. It seems that I have to reprogram my Touch ID prints about every 2 - 3 days. It'll work for about 1 - 2 days then I have to re-program 1 or both finger prints. Anyone else having problems? Maybe when I'm at my Apple store on Friday to pickup the new iPad Air I'll mention this problem to the geniuses.
    Have you tried restoring your device or making sure your fingers are dry? the touch ID doesn't work with wet or dirty fingers... i hope this helps
    10-31-2013 12:54 AM
    The touch ID doesn't care much about wet, dry, bloated, or any other condition of your fingers. If you have to keep reprogramming it or it isn't working, take it into the Geniuses.
    10-31-2013 01:00 AM
    Just some advice: if any of you have wet fingers, you really shouldn't be touching your home button at all. Touch ID or not.
    10-31-2013 01:55 AM
    I am having the same issues as the op mentioned. It SUCKS and is very frustrating.
    11-10-2013 11:57 PM
    Did that last week. Still having to reprogram every other day or 2. I reprogramed the 2 fingers, thumb and index, I use and this morning thumb is not working and my index finger takes at least 2
    trys. I guess I'll head over to the Apple store today.
    11-11-2013 08:19 AM
    I am noticing the same thing but I have only rescanned once so far. I even added a second scan of my left thumb. I would say I have to try two or three times sometimes. Usually I just enter the code.

-Rich

I really like the Touch-ID on my 5s BUT lately I have found that it is not working reliably. It seems that I have to reprogram my Touch ID prints about every 2 - 3 days. It'll work for about 1 - 2 days then I have to re-program 1 or both finger prints. Anyone else having problems? Maybe when I'm at my Apple store on Friday to pickup the new iPad Air I'll mention this problem to the geniuses.
    11-11-2013 02:07 PM
    I very recently discovered that you do not push the home button down to unlock. Works better if you just rest your finger on the sensor
    11-12-2013 11:15 AM
    Resting my thumb on the home button has always given me very consistent results. Pressing the home button not so much.
    I'm curious to know how 5s users that have a problem with Touch ID are manipulating the home button to unlock.

#Naked Tuesday
    11-12-2013 11:34 AM
    When the iPhone 5s was out, I remember people deactivating Siri on the lock screen because Touch ID was too fast anyway. But I've seen that Apple introduced a delay if you're pushing the button, especially to see if you're requesting Siri's services. Upon pushing the button, Siri will have priority to unlocking.

This is why, I guess, some people notice lags or unreliability when they push their home button to unlock.
    To unlock, I push the home button once to wake up the screen, then just rest my finger on the button, and it always works like a charm.

Anyway, remember before Touch ID, if you asked Siri something requiring permission, it asked you to unlock your device.
    Now, it scans your finger at the same time as you're pushing the button.
    11-12-2013 12:19 PM

this solved my problem.
    12-02-2013 03:00 AM
    Mine works 95% of the time. Just wipe your fingers and the touch ID. that helps me.
    12-02-2013 05:47 AM
    Proud new owner if a Lifeproof Case (5S with Touch ID edition) and I can report no problems with recognition.
    12-02-2013 04:55 PM
    that is exactly what is happening with mine - works for a day or so, then worsens, till doesn't work, has to be reprogrammed every few days. I took mine back to the Verizon (phone company) store I got it, and they wiped it and restored it. No better. Today they ordered me a new one, which will hopefully fix the problem.

Is there anyone out there who got a new one, and saw improvement?
    12-04-2013 02:59 AM
    Touch id works 99% of the time, even when my fingers are dirty...amazingly implemented
    12-04-2013 08:57 PM
    http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2013/...ues-and-fixes/

While the article title may not truly reflect the content within. You may find the article helpful in understanding the technology better. Some blame is placed on user error for what it's worth. For example, if you get a bad print read during initial setup it won't recognize future reads. Also, oily or wet fingers, etc. Not the best article or source, but somewhat interesting

Sent from my iPhone 5s on VZW from Philly
    12-06-2013 10:33 PM
    TouchID works exceptionally well for me, I think the only problem I have with it at the moment is that you're required to enter your password after a reboot.
    12-06-2013 10:50 PM
41 12