How many drops without case so far?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Haha I mean doesn't it sorta suck that such a great looking phone (the best looking one on the market) has some scratches? Haha is it something you can deal with?
I mean, it sucks that my phones get scratched, but it doesn't bother me. Unless it's a huge scratch on the screen that obstructs my view.
I'm with you on this and would rather save the $79 deductible for larger damage such as a cracked screen or something.
Yup. I'm getting my money's worth and beating the hell outta it.

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
But here's the thing. If you replaced your phone right now chances are your getting a brand new one right out of the white box cause the 5s is hard to come by. If you wait 6 months I feel like your getting the black box one with is refurbished? Maybe not?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Refurbished isn't as ugly a word to me as it is to many people. Refurbished phones go through testing and usually a big sum of the parts on them are new. I would never pay $79 for a replacement device because of a scratch. Let alone use up one of my two $79 replacements that Apple Care + provides.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
2) I say get the color you like best...all 3 colors seem to hold up very well

Yes, indeed! Have you seen the back torture tests? Amazing. Left with no scratches what so ever!!! Now dents and what not, not sure. I'd hate for my side paint to chip.

Do you have apple care with it? If so and you have a scratch how come you don't just go get it replaced?

AppleCare doesn't work that way, it doesn't cover cosmetic damage. There's a thread on here fully explaining AppleCare and it is broke all the way down.

Guide:-AppleCare-Protection-Plan http://forums.imore.com/showthread.php?t=255643

Nolander07

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Yes, indeed! Have you seen the back torture tests? Amazing. Left with no scratches what so ever!!! Now dents and what not, not sure. I'd hate for my side paint to chip.

AppleCare doesn't work that way, it doesn't cover cosmetic damage. There's a thread on here fully explaining AppleCare and it is broke all the way down.

Guide:-AppleCare-Protection-Plan http://forums.imore.com/showthread.php?t=255643

AppleCare + does.

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
So for the people that rock their 5s with no case on it, do you guys care or let it bother you about normal everyday wear/some table scratches you get from just placing it down or having it on hard surfaces where the backs and edges might get some wear from everyday? Obviously dropping it is one thing. How about everyday wear and tear?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
So for the people that rock their 5s with no case on it, do you guys care or let it bother you about normal everyday wear/some table scratches you get from just placing it down or having it on hard surfaces where the backs and edges might get some wear from everyday? Obviously dropping it is one thing. How about everyday wear and tear?

I simply don't care.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Here's an example of why you don't want to waste a replacement on a scratch. In case this happens and you're out of replacements because you couldn't stand a scratch.
11174318-0C03-4F2E-ABD2-823E10730412-782-00000049770D590E_zpsbc98f1f5.jpg

Wanna know what I did three days prior to this happening? I stupidly canceled the Apple Care+ on this iPhone 5 because I simply felt I was safe and wanted to retrieve my $65 of a proration refund back. I ended up paying $150 to get the screen replaced instead of $49 for a swapped out device. Got exactly what I deserved for being petty.

brijuhaha

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Just got my first drop today! and mine is........the GOLD 5s D:

got a little dent on the side that's barely visible! so it's not really a problem

i don't feel shocked or terrified cause i got the AC+ couple days back! (Lucky me!)

Strangely, this first drop actually relieves me from being scared of dropping the phone and makes me feels a bit more relaxed from handling my phone naked :D

I'll see how my phone survives as i keep using it naked! :p

keep that ac+ around guys!

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Having apple care+ definitely gives you a sense of protection. If I'm paying this and have it it's almost like I want to take full advantage of it. If we have two I feel we can always burn one of the deductibles and save the 2nd for a bigger cause

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't it bother you though cause it's such a great looking phone and when it has a couple scratches it's almost to nice to have them like a brand new car

tkao2025

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
I have always had a case, but decided this time to use my new 5s without a case and bought Applecare+ instead. I just feel that the iPhone is just not meant to be covered up. It feels so good in the hand and looks amazing naked. Somehow the screen looks smaller with a case IMO. Anyways, I always buy a new phone every year and this year I thought to myself, do I buy a phone to enjoy the whole experience, including the look and feel or just to case it up so I can resale it next year.......so I decided to throw caution to the wind and use it the way Mr. Ive designed it to be used :)

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Dropped mine once on the carpet. I never use a case on my devices unless I plan to do something crazy like go on a climbing trip. My iPhone 5 survived numerous drops to the floors without any damage. I expect nothing less from my 5s.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2