No touch ID for app store ?

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,
Just picked up a 5s. I'm having issues with touch ID with it not prompting me on App Store purchases. I've adjusted settings to prompt for it. I'm not having issues where it asks me to verify but where it just never asks me to use touch. See screen shot. I've tried turning touch off and back on again and I've even deleted my prints and re configued them.

Any suggestions ?
Thanks

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1382965254.301852.jpg
    ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1382965254.301852.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 33
Last edited by a moderator:

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
First I'd make sure that you were up-to-date with version 7.0.3. Second after that, I would sign out and then back in again and also reboot the phone.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Turn password and Touch ID off and then back on, and give it overnight to adjust. It'll ask for your password the first time, as Karen said, but after that it should work fine. I created a thread close to launch regarding the same issue and a forum member gave me the good advice of just letting it settle overnight, and sure enough it was fixed. Good luck!

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Turn password and Touch ID off and then back on, and give it overnight to adjust. It'll ask for your password the first time, as Karen said, but after that it should work fine. I created a thread close to launch regarding the same issue and a forum member gave me the good advice of just letting it settle overnight, and sure enough it was fixed. Good luck!

It's still not working after a few purchases so I'll give this a try. Thanks

wbkm85

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
make sure you go into

Settings

General

Touch ID & Passcode

Touch ID

turn the toggle on for iTunes and App Store

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Every time you reboot the phone and go to the AppStore, it is going to ask you for your password the first time. The next time you purchase something., it will not ask for the password and you should be able to use TouchId.

This is true. Have you guys tried a second time? Any time you reset your phone (turn it off and on) you have to signs with your pass ode before you can use your fingerprint.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
This is true. Have you guys tried a second time? Any time you reset your phone (turn it off and on) you have to signs with your pass ode before you can use your fingerprint.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

Yup, been through this already. I'm out of options

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Wow, that's very unfortunate. Luckily you can go to an Apple store (hopefully you're close to one) and exchange.

Ya there are 4 apple stores around me in the Toronto area but I don't think it will come to the point of exchange. I may try restoring first