Which iphone was made the best in your opnion?!!

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
For me, in that particular time frame, I felt Apple seemed in its prime from late 2010 to mid 2011. The iPhone4 and ipad2 had launched, there was no equal to the ipad2 at the time, and the iphone4 running IOS5 and iCloud just seemed complete. I felt the 4s, while a nice upgrade, lacked the oomph the iphone4 had when it was first released, and IOS5's notifications made the system seem complete. It didn't help that Siri was buggy as hell either.

From then on, while future versions of IOS would continue to add new features, none of them seemed as "necessary" or integral as multitasking in IOS4 or notifications in IOS5.

That's software mostly though. This thread was asking about "best made phone." That just means how it feels in hand and basically the outside of phone and design. If you include the internals, then you may as well just say iphone 5S.

If you consider just the iphone 4 vs 4S using just that criteria (above), you can't ignore that touch of death on the side of the iphone 4 or antenna-gate. The 4S changed design to correct this. To be honest though, starting with the 4, a case became more desired for me (but I stopped using a case on it). Partly because I didn't want to lay the phone down on surfaces with that glass back, but mostly because it felt worse in hand than previous iphones. This hasn't really changed. The 5 and 5S feel even worse prompting me to use a case.

Of course, I realize it's just my opinion and hardly anyone probably agrees. I don't like thin metal edges on phones. I'm one of the few that will hold an iphone for a few hours reading a book though. I'm glad though that Apple is offering more choices and may offer even more next year. The retina Mini might get me reading from an ipad finally.

abazigal

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I meant in terms of progress. The iphone 4 felt like a major jump coming from the 3GS, while the 4s felt more like an incremental spec bump.

The iphone 5 and 5s continue with the exposed antennae design, so they don't feel all that significant to me either.

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I know some of you might think I am crazy but strictly speaking on build quality and feel, my vote goes to the 4S. I loved the glass front & back AND the weighty feel in the hand. When I got the iphone 5, call me crazy, but I was not digging the metal back for some reason, always felt like I was going to scratch the hell out of it and/or snap it in half lol. Same goes for the 5S. I HAVE to use a case most of the time just so I have some sort of decent grip on it (but I do go naked at least once a week to admire the craftsmanship aspect of it).

Now speaking strictly on hardware capability, NO contest, the 5S wins hands down for me, especially the camera. I recently trialed the Lumia 1020, and to be completely honest, I felt like a dumbass trying to use the 41MP cam on that thing. The reason was simple, I have grown to LOVE the simplicity of the camera on iOS 7 on my 4S, 5, and 5S. This is coming from someone who has used countless smartphones on and off over the years. I dont really know how else to describe it. I just LOVE the camera / software on my iphones. I do not have to worry about settings up the wazoo like on the Lumias and Galaxies, and HTC's. Literally just point, and shoot.

I love the fact that I can pull my iphone 5S out, and take a picture or video, and know that 99% of the time (at least for me) my pic or video will be damn great. I cannot get enough of that.

Anyways....just my 2 cents :)

MzDee

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I think the 5S but my mother would say the 3GS. She doesn't like how the 4 or 5 looks but she likes and wants a blue 5C because it reminds her of the 3GS as far as the kind of rounded back.

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I say the 5s, but the battery was still brutal. With as important as battery life is to me...I'm almost forced to say the 6 with a Mophie on it, simply cause the 6+ for me just isn't possible to carry daily.

Greek Geek

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
The only thing I hated/disliked on the 4s was the glass back. It slid around on various surfaces and had to be in a CaseMate Barely There Aluminum most of the time. It felt great without a case. I also had this phone for 2years without looking around before upgrading to the 5s (A first for me). Comparing only these 2 and both with iOS 7, I am going to go with the 5s. Reasons are: 1) the re-distribution to make it thinner as well as longer, 2) The aluminum body, 3) the improved flash and camera, 4) iOS 7 with Control Centre. 5) Touch-ID which makes unlocking much easier/quicker in situations. Second for me was my 4s on iOS 6.

Yeah, I'm 100% with you on favoring the the 5S for very similar reasons. (especially the size in terms of being easy to carry in my jeans pocket) -Loved my old iPhone 5 aswell for the same reason, but once you start using TouchID, there's just no going back in terms of convenience. (remember all that swiping and pin entering we had to do just to open them back in the day?) lol. Even though my 6 Plus has TouchID aswell, there are still so many things I prefer about the 5S (battery life on my 5S still whoops my 6 Plus, despite the 6 Plus supposedly having been touted as being better, I never found that to be the case in practice).

I agree with everything that SeanHRCC said about the camera on all the iPhone models from 5 onwards. I think the original iPhone 5 was the first camera on a SmartPhone that I've ever used that actually didn't suck in terms of quality, and they've been just as awesome ever since.

Another interesting quirk that I have noticed when comparing my 5S to my 6 Plus (both of which I still use) is that even though my 6 Plus has a bigger screen, and can have its advantages, I found that the larger virtual keys on the 6 Plus actually made the keyboard feel more awkward to type than the smaller keys on the 5S, which just feels natural. (admittedly, that could just be because I'm more used typing on a model the size of all the 5 models), but even after having owned my 6 Plus for quite a long while now, my 5S still just feels the smoothest to type with. Would be interesting to hear if anybody else had a similar experience, or if they found that just the one they were the most used to felt best. (So feel free to chime in anyone on how you experienced yours in this respect.)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro