5s no question
    10-29-2013 10:27 PM
    I'd have to say the 5c. It's pretty indestructible. It doesn't scratch.
    10-29-2013 10:36 PM
    I've only been an iPhone user for a year and a half now & I've had the 4S, 5 & now 5S and I'd have to say the 5S/iOS7 Combo is my favorite. Love the heft of the 4S & the design & color of the Slate 5 but I hated iOS6 & I definitely would of gotten a different phone had it not been for jailbreak. The 5S is the only iPhone I've owned that I feel is pretty good without jailbreak....even though I'm still gonna jailbreak when its available lol. It'll only make it that much better
    10-31-2013 12:08 PM
    I think the 5s is hard to beat with the camera, light design, and perfect screen size. I vote 5s with 4s right behind it.
    daisylin24 likes this.
    10-31-2013 12:13 PM
    The iPhone 5/5s by a wide margin.
    10-31-2013 07:18 PM
    .. stop comparing components, when the iPhone 4 released, that camera was the best, same for the 4s, 5 and 5s... ppl are comparing the 5s w/ 2yr old device.. of course it will win, compare design/software(iOS)... those are the 2 only things that can really be compared..
    10-31-2013 11:16 PM
    .. stop comparing components, when the iPhone 4 released, that camera was the best, same for the 4s, 5 and 5s... ppl are comparing the 5s w/ 2yr old device.. of course it will win, compare design/software(iOS)... those are the 2 only things that can really be compared..
    Agreed with this 100%... and with that in mind:

I'd have to say the 5c. It's pretty indestructible. It doesn't scratch.
    Kind of agree with this. The 5C is a really solid device. Like the evolution of the 3G/3GS's best qualities, mixed with the iPhone 5.
    Alik Malix and TwitchyPuppy like this.
    10-31-2013 11:22 PM
    Hopefully Apple newest flagship phones 5s does better in this topic than the previous models as their tech gets better. Otherwise, Apple is doing something wrong and we should all stop buying Apple products immediately. J/K

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app
    10-31-2013 11:28 PM
    I love my 5S, but whenever I play with my wife's 4S, I start to miss the feel of it and the form factor. It really was an amazing device.
    11-01-2013 07:04 AM
    Best made IMO is the 5C. The criteria I'd use is how it holds up and feels in hand with no need for a case. I wouldn't complain if Apple switched to this kind of casing altogether.

The iphone 4S held up well, was tolerable without a case. The iphone 5/5S, while they look good and perform like beasts beg for a case due to the sharp edges and slick back. The iphone 3G/3GS felt good in hand but didn't hold up well with cracks from my experience.
    11-01-2013 08:19 AM
    Best made IMO is the 5C. The criteria I'd use is how it holds up and feels in hand with no need for a case. I wouldn't complain if Apple switched to this kind of casing altogether.

The iphone 4S held up well, was tolerable without a case. The iphone 5/5S, while they look good and perform like beasts beg for a case due to the sharp edges and slick back. The iphone 3G/3GS felt good in hand but didn't hold up well with cracks from my experience.
    I used my 5 and use my 5s without a case and I find it feels great in the hand that's half the reason I don't use a case.
    11-01-2013 09:24 AM
    I have to go with the 5s. It starts with the 5 design, fixes the Slate paint chipping issue with Space Grey, then adds the crazy-popular gold. Not to mention the wicked powerful processor, fingerprint sensor, and improved camera. Great package in a unibody, aluminum case. Doesn't get any better than this, IMHO.
    11-01-2013 10:02 PM
    Original iPhone.
    Alik Malix likes this.
    11-02-2013 03:43 AM
    I'd have to go with the 5S. It's a perfection of the awesome iPhone 5 and the overhauled UI with iOS 7 needs getting used to, but I won't turn back even if I could. Not to mention how good looking the phone is, especially in space grey.

With that said, the iPhone 4 was groundbreaking. It had a design which has defined three future iPhones and it had the idea of wallpapers on the home screen, multitasking, the retina display and the first usable iPhone camera. It was the first smartphone that I really wanted.
    11-04-2013 03:19 PM
    For me, in that particular time frame, I felt Apple seemed in its prime from late 2010 to mid 2011. The iPhone4 and ipad2 had launched, there was no equal to the ipad2 at the time, and the iphone4 running IOS5 and iCloud just seemed complete. I felt the 4s, while a nice upgrade, lacked the oomph the iphone4 had when it was first released, and IOS5's notifications made the system seem complete. It didn't help that Siri was buggy as hell either.

From then on, while future versions of IOS would continue to add new features, none of them seemed as "necessary" or integral as multitasking in IOS4 or notifications in IOS5.
    11-05-2013 07:47 AM
    For me, in that particular time frame, I felt Apple seemed in its prime from late 2010 to mid 2011. The iPhone4 and ipad2 had launched, there was no equal to the ipad2 at the time, and the iphone4 running IOS5 and iCloud just seemed complete. I felt the 4s, while a nice upgrade, lacked the oomph the iphone4 had when it was first released, and IOS5's notifications made the system seem complete. It didn't help that Siri was buggy as hell either.

From then on, while future versions of IOS would continue to add new features, none of them seemed as "necessary" or integral as multitasking in IOS4 or notifications in IOS5.
    That's software mostly though. This thread was asking about "best made phone." That just means how it feels in hand and basically the outside of phone and design. If you include the internals, then you may as well just say iphone 5S.

If you consider just the iphone 4 vs 4S using just that criteria (above), you can't ignore that touch of death on the side of the iphone 4 or antenna-gate. The 4S changed design to correct this. To be honest though, starting with the 4, a case became more desired for me (but I stopped using a case on it). Partly because I didn't want to lay the phone down on surfaces with that glass back, but mostly because it felt worse in hand than previous iphones. This hasn't really changed. The 5 and 5S feel even worse prompting me to use a case.

Of course, I realize it's just my opinion and hardly anyone probably agrees. I don't like thin metal edges on phones. I'm one of the few that will hold an iphone for a few hours reading a book though. I'm glad though that Apple is offering more choices and may offer even more next year. The retina Mini might get me reading from an ipad finally.
    11-05-2013 08:39 AM
    I meant in terms of progress. The iphone 4 felt like a major jump coming from the 3GS, while the 4s felt more like an incremental spec bump.

The iphone 5 and 5s continue with the exposed antennae design, so they don't feel all that significant to me either.
    11-05-2013 09:55 AM
    The 5s is the best IMO.
    mrkeynes likes this.
    11-05-2013 11:53 AM
    The 2G still is a favorite of mine
    11-05-2013 03:12 PM
    I know some of you might think I am crazy but strictly speaking on build quality and feel, my vote goes to the 4S. I loved the glass front & back AND the weighty feel in the hand. When I got the iphone 5, call me crazy, but I was not digging the metal back for some reason, always felt like I was going to scratch the hell out of it and/or snap it in half lol. Same goes for the 5S. I HAVE to use a case most of the time just so I have some sort of decent grip on it (but I do go naked at least once a week to admire the craftsmanship aspect of it).

Now speaking strictly on hardware capability, NO contest, the 5S wins hands down for me, especially the camera. I recently trialed the Lumia 1020, and to be completely honest, I felt like a dumbass trying to use the 41MP cam on that thing. The reason was simple, I have grown to LOVE the simplicity of the camera on iOS 7 on my 4S, 5, and 5S. This is coming from someone who has used countless smartphones on and off over the years. I dont really know how else to describe it. I just LOVE the camera / software on my iphones. I do not have to worry about settings up the wazoo like on the Lumias and Galaxies, and HTC's. Literally just point, and shoot.

I love the fact that I can pull my iphone 5S out, and take a picture or video, and know that 99% of the time (at least for me) my pic or video will be damn great. I cannot get enough of that.

Anyways....just my 2 cents
    11-05-2013 11:07 PM
    "Made the best" should really refer to manufacturing quality and number of repairs needed. I'm sure Apple would never release this info but what would be needed is something like "iPhone model x had y repairs needed per 1000 units sold".
    Anything else is not really "made the best" and just subjective opinion on which model someone preferred.
    11-06-2013 10:06 AM
    I think the 5S but my mother would say the 3GS. She doesn't like how the 4 or 5 looks but she likes and wants a blue 5C because it reminds her of the 3GS as far as the kind of rounded back.
    11-06-2013 02:47 PM
    iphone 5s or 5
    05-16-2015 06:17 PM
    I think the iPhone 5c.
    Tartarus likes this.
    05-17-2015 12:04 PM
    I would agree with the 5S. With ios 8 the camera is much better and the edits help so much.
    05-18-2015 08:48 AM
78 1234