Which iphone was made the best in your opnion?!!

6paul9

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Personally I think the iPhone 4S was and is the best Iphone ever made no glitches ,no reboots on its own , it buy far still selling as much as a 5. Even AT&T reps say the iPhone 4S was the best Iphone ever made... ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1382924974.862509.jpg

Enzetsu

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I love my 4S! I love its premium feel and everything, i started look at the 5 and i might get that if i every stray from BlackBerry again.
Every other iPhone before it looks ugly anyways :p except the 4... for obvious reasons...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The 4S isn't selling for anywhere near what the iPhone 5 is on average...not even close.

As far as "made the best", are you asking about the phone itself or the operating system ON the phone? The 4S was very well made, so I have no argument there...for a device with a full glass back (one that I thought would scratch like crazy), it was surprisingly durable. That said, I prefer the build quality of the metal iPhones, they remind me of my Macbook Pro, and to me, the materials used on both feel like a better quality build than the 4S's glass panel back...the fact that the 5 and the 5S are a more singular piece than the 4 or the 4S supports that for me as well.

Then we have the camera...the 5's camera was amazing, the 5S's camera is phenomenal. At no point on previous iPhone's was the camera even close to this good...not even in the same ballpark. Light weight, battery life, slim form factor, LTE...I mean I could go on and on about the features.

The OS is really nothing to be compared to be honest, in my opinion, because the 4S was running a slightly updated iOS version...it was not completely renovated, it was not upgraded as much as iOS 7 was...it was truly a more polished version of the old, vs. iOS 7, which might as well be an entirely new experience.

And regardless, there are no issues with the iPhone 5 as far as running the OS, the bugs and glitches and what not are not a problem of hardware, they are solely within the software...as was the case with the 4S (good or bad)...so trying to decide which iPhone was the "best" should not be relevant to the OS it was using.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I think the 4S is a solidly built device and has a real premium feel to it. However, I think the 5S is hard to beat with the metal back and a better build quality.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Which iPhone was "made the best"? I don't know. I've had the iPhone 3G, 4S and now the iPhone 5, and all of them are made well, in my opinion. I can say that out of the iPhones I've owned, the 4S is my favorite even though the 5 is superior. I like the overall design, feel and weight of it better than the others even though it feels like a brick now that I'm accustomed to the weight of the iPhone 5. Still, that doesn't mean that the 4S was "made the best." ;)

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I like all of the iPhone models for different reasons.

The original was just amazing being sort of the 1st of its kind. Until then I never had mobile internet or email. I had very basic phones

The 3's for the feel of the curved back

The 4's for the glass back. Which I thought was a unique design and the thin design.

The 5's for being so lightweight bigger screen and thinness. Also the repositioning of the headphone jack. The cable doesn't get in the way now.

But the 4 and 5 series may be the best made in my opinion because of technological and design advancements.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I would say the iPhone 4/4S was made very well. The ease of changing the back panel, and by extension, the battery, made it one of the easiest to service. Changing the screen and home button however, is much harder than the 2G/3G/3GS and 5/5S/5C.

I think the 2G/3G/3GS was slightly better designed in terms of screen protection. The display on the 4/4S and 5/5S/5C sticks out of the front of the device, impacting the ground first on a face down drop. The 2G/3G/3GS display was more flush with the bezel.

The rounded metal or plastic rear of the 2G and 3G/3GS, respectively, was also more durable and felt a little more natural in-hand than the sharper edges of the 4/4S.

The 4/4S is, visually, a stunning device. Far more "cutting edge" looking than the 2G/3G/3GS which, by the 4's release in 2010, was looking rather dated after 3 years on the market. The metal band around the phone and machined sleep/wake, volume, and mute buttons certainly look and feel great.

Having owned an iPhone 4 for 3 years, I will say it was one of the most well made devices I've ever owned. It functioned as well the day I sold it as it did on the day I originally bought it. But I can't say it was the best made iPhone ever, as I haven't owned a 5 or 5C, and I haven't owned my 5S long enough, to really make a fair comparison.

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I hated/disliked on the 4s was the glass back. It slid around on various surfaces and had to be in a CaseMate Barely There Aluminum most of the time. It felt great without a case. I also had this phone for 2years without looking around before upgrading to the 5s (A first for me). Comparing only these 2 and both with iOS 7, I am going to go with the 5s. Reasons are: 1) the re-distribution to make it thinner as well as longer, 2) The aluminum body, 3) the improved flash and camera, 4) iOS 7 with Control Centre. 5) Touch-ID which makes unlocking much easier/quicker in situations. Second for me was my 4s on iOS 6.

Last edited:

Alik Malix

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I only had a 3GS (my first and only other iPhone), I had it since the day it released up to Mid September, 2013 when I finally replaced it with 5S. It had great battery that lasted 8 hours even after almost 5 years, got all the updates thru 6.1.3, and been fully submerged in to water twice (once 1.5 years after I got it for about 7-10 seconds) - and still worked after it dried off. Screen cracked (into tiny pieces) 3 times and didnt loose touch or function... I'd say that one (albeit without comparison) was the best built...

We'll see how this 5S does - I'll get back to you in 5 years...

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I like all iPhones. They all look good. But id say the 5S is the best because of the new finishings that are the gold, silver or black ring around the home button with the dual flash at the back.
It's a subtle finishing but it makes the phone look cool.

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
My favorite is the 4. I've had this thing since launch day, and I have dropped it a least 3 times from my ear. There are no cracks, and this is very sturdy.

leslie haw

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I've used the 3GS, 4S and 5s. I'm going for the 5s for the bigger screen, 4G surfing speed and lightness of the phone. Loving it even more since using it naked for the past week! Love the built and the feel of the metal.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Every year Apple proves to impress more and more... But the most newest model or a mid range model from a few years back may not be the best for each person... Each has it's own +'s and -"s.. Some may not see the need for better camera and faster processor, or a larger screen, etc...

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Then we have the camera...the 5's camera was amazing, the 5S's camera is phenomenal. At no point on previous iPhone's was the camera even close to this good...not even in the same ballpark.
Dude I think you've been hanging out with Sekelani Zwambila a little too much. LOL ... ;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods