Emails not being pushed?

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed that my emails are not being pushed to my mail app automatically. I have it set up for evey 15 minutes and it's set on the pushed feature. Anyone know about this?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
1. Who is your email provider? iCloud, Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook.com, etc?
2. Know that some email services does not provide push alerts.
3. Go to Settings-Mail, Contacts, Calendars-Fetch New Data and then do the following:

a. Enable "Push"
b. Select the specific email account and select "Push"

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
It's gmail and I seem to have all those settings set up. Sometimes when I go into the email they won't show up until I manually go in there. So weird

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I looked. I do have pushed enabled but when I go into my gmail account I can I love you select fetch on manual. There is no push for my gmail

newsman787

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Believe that in the email app, push option for Gmail has gone away. Think only way to get Push Gmail is to download Gmail app. That app is pretty good!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
You can only select fetch for Gmail on the stock app. If you keep it at manual then you'll get your emails whenever you manually refresh the inbox. Setting a time frame for fetch will do that for you automatically depending on what time frame you set up.

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Ya that's what I seemed to just figure out. It was on manual before and I just set it for "every 15 minutes" so will the emails now be pushed or fetched to my phone so I don't have to go into my mail app everytime and look for them?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Your mail app will fetch for that Gmail account emails to see if anything new is there and will send you a notification. It isn't true "push".

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Whatever your settings for mail are in notification center have no bearing on push or fetch. They'll show up on your screen however you have it setup in notification center.

BuggiesNY

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm having a weird issue now since I updated. I have my mail app synced with my yahoo mail account. I'm now only getting alerts when I open the mail app and swipe down to see what it loads. How do I get it to automatically alert me with the sound and the red number of new emails like before ? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm not getting badges after the update anymore either. My iPad and iPhone aren't registering what I read on the other as well.

iTechieGuy

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
Strange. Mail pushes fine to my iPhone but doesn't push to my iPad. Using Apple Mail on both devices, push enabled on both devises. I have 3 mail ad .mac account on both machines. None of them push. I see no obvious difference in serring. I thought is might be related to my iPad being WiFi only, but it looks like iPhone folk are having this problem, also.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73