5S home button clicking

RobertAdams313

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else have their home/touch id button click when you press it. It feels like it's harder to press down and it has a very audible click. Everything works fine though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

PhamQu

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I actually have not encountered this issue.
However, I have read one article recently from a site similar to iMore where the editor shared your concern. Specifically, he noticed that only sometimes, when he pressed the home button, he could hear a slight "crunch", not unlike the sound of the flex cables or something underneath the button being caught. He has noted no problems, though, just a small concern about it.

B1ue_B1aze

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Mine has a rather audible click. Doesn't cause me any issues and I actually like the audio feedback from it. Sort of like a confirmation it's been clicked lol.

RobertAdams313

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Oh okay glad I'm not the only one with the problem. I mean it's not bothering me since everything works. I don't want to take it in and they replace it since I rather stay away from refurbished models

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Blazer50

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I have the iphone 5, but a couple weeks ago I went into the local apple store and noticed that 2 or 3 of the displayed 5s's had a much louder "click" then my 5. I tried the 5c's and they didn't click any more than a 5. I thought it might have been from the touch id component or maybe just because those phones are played with and tested soooo much every single day. Interesting seeing buyers have that issue as well.

iwoodland

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Mine clicks loudly too. I didn't know whether to take it back or not. My 4s and ipad mini are silent when clicking. Any thoughts?

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
yep mine has the audible click, and so did my iphone 5. I actually really like the click. feels really hearty compared to the mushy click my 4 had :)

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Mine clicks and I don't mind. I had a space gray and now I have a gold one, both have done it. I assume it's got to do with the Touch ID sensor.

Last edited:

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
If you search on this thread, you'll see a older post about the same thing. It was a lot of different and interesting feedback.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
All the 5S iPhones click when pushing Home Button. Im so Anal I use my Assistance Touch most of the time rather than the Home Button. I've heard the older iPhones weakest feature was their Home Button, so since new I've used Assistance Touch to get back to Home, exit apps and shut down Home Screen. Probably way over board but just hate replacement phones.
Vinny

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

DmitriSLCA

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I've got this problem on my iPhone 5s Space Gray. The home button seems to be making a loud clicking noise on the way up. Compared it with two other 5s phones: one other Space Gray - the clicking noise is not as loud and more uniform on the way down and up - and another Silver - also has a fairly loud clicking noise, but on the way down, not up. Accordingly, it appears that all 5s phones are different, not uniform. The loud clicking noise on the way up is annoying the living hell out of me. It's a Sprint phone; I also visited a Sprint store, and the staff memeber there was not able to tell the difference between my 5s Space Gray and another 5s he had on display. As a result, I have a tendency to think this is more likely a flaw/oversight in the phone design, not a "normal" feature of 5s like some have commented earlier on this forum.

Has anyone had a positive experience bringing their 5s to an Apple store and exchanging it to get rid of the issue for good? Or do they all click? I'm starting to really consider a visit to the Apple store.

Pete Lao

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
it is not a serious problem,easy to solve

How did you solve this?

I had an instance where the home button sounded really stiff, chunky & plastic'y on my 5s for about an hour. It clicked on the down and up motions.

I was outside in cold weather at the time. It has since gone away. But too this day I fear it could come back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nemesis4670

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Those claiming they like the sound are probably self absorbed. Try using the phone in public or a waiting room and people are hearing that annoying clicking sound. It's pretentious and distracting to those around you.

Not only that but the 5S power buttons are all loose so they rattle when you shake the phone, especially when filming video. The LCD panels are also much lower quality and produce a yellowish hue on white backgrounds.

Apple's quality control is suffering and I think they used cheaper parts/methods in exchange for implementing the TouchID button.

anon8383645

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Those claiming they like the sound are probably self absorbed. Try using the phone in public or a waiting room and people are hearing that annoying clicking sound. It's pretentious and distracting to those around you.

Not only that but the 5S power buttons are all loose so they rattle when you shake the phone, especially when filming video. The LCD panels are also much lower quality and produce a yellowish hue on white backgrounds.

Apple's quality control is suffering and I think they used cheaper parts/methods in exchange for implementing the TouchID button.

Everything in your post is wrong. My power button does not rattle when taking video or ever. Just because someone else likes the sound of a clicking home button does not make them self absorb. Also my 5 nor 5S have a yellow tint. Furthermore I have not seen anyone's who's is. If yours is suffering from any of these have it swapped, kid that's not an option and it bothers you that much get another phone altogether.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73