So I was texting someone then I stopped for a sec and the screen got dull like it should when it's about to go into sleep mode automatically. I picked it back up and was about to finish texting and the screen was still on but wasn't responsive when I touched it. It then automatically went to sleep mode and I unlocked it and everything was fine. Anybody know why it was not responsive for a couple seconds?
    10-26-2013 04:43 PM
    I have no idea. Just rule it to be a glitch of some sort and monitor it to see if it occurs again.
    10-26-2013 04:51 PM
    Phones been running great. Do u guys see glitchy stuff happening time to time?
    10-26-2013 04:58 PM
    I notice this as well. I think the screen just stays lit up a second or two longer than it should when it's about to go to sleep. So when you go to touch it, to prevent it from sleeping, it is already asleep, it just doesn't look like it yet because of the backlight doing its "fade out" effect.
    EmceeGeek and Just_Me_D like this.
    10-26-2013 05:04 PM
    So you went to touch it and the screen didn't respond just like it wouldn't respond if it was completely black?
    10-26-2013 05:07 PM
    So you went to touch it and the screen didn't respond just like it wouldn't respond if it was completely black?
    Yes. and a split second later, the screen finally does black out.

I don't think it is a screen response problem at all. I think it is another example of iOS 7 animations and transitions slowing down the interface. The screen appears to already be asleep by the time I go to touch it, the backlight fade transition just hasn't gotten the message in time.
    10-26-2013 05:25 PM
    Do you think it can be patched in a software update or it's just how the new phone is?
    10-26-2013 05:27 PM
    Do you think it can be patched in a software update or it's just how the new phone is?
    I'm not 100% sure, but if it is just the touchscreen vs backlight fade out timing, then I think software can definitely correct for it.
    10-26-2013 05:43 PM
    If it's a software issue it can be fixed by an update. They're trying to cover everything that they can in these updates. Hopefully soon everything will be working and running smoothly. I had this problem happen too but like they said, it's a timing issue. I just hit the power button a few times because sometimes the home button is thrown off. You push it and it doesn't cut the screen on.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    10-27-2013 06:59 AM