Best sites to unlock iPhone 5S

Status
Not open for further replies.

miwaca

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Noticed there's isn't a thread with a list of reputable iPhone unlockers. Considering there's a high demand for unlocking the AT&T and T-Mobile iPhone 5S, I figured I'd start the ball rolling. Would've easily gone to swiftunlocks but they appear to have discontinued that service.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I recommend users get their devices unlocked via their carriers.

steveh552

Trusted Member
Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Noticed there's isn't a thread with a list of reputable iPhone unlockers. Considering there's a high demand for unlocking the AT&T and T-Mobile iPhone 5S, I figured I'd start the ball rolling. Would've easily gone to swiftunlocks but they appear to have discontinued that service.

Swift unlocks is a fraud in my book. They advertised they could unlock 2 of my android phones, paid the fee and never heard back. Emailed the and only get a auto reply

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk - now Free

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
This option isn't available to everyone.

That is the ONLY option for AT&T now...3rd party unlocks are no longer processed the way you used to be able to do them. The only way to do it now for AT&T based phones is to contact AT&T and have a phone that is not under contract, you submit their form and they unlock it within 2-5 days.

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Only place I know currently is chronicunlocks.com which is at the moment $99. As he states is security issues with AT&T and I'm sure prices will climb.

via Tapatalk

anon(279851)

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
That is the ONLY option for AT&T now...3rd party unlocks are no longer processed the way you used to be able to do them. The only way to do it now for AT&T based phones is to contact AT&T and have a phone that is not under contract, you submit their form and they unlock it within 2-5 days.

Does that go for Chronic Unlock as well? They advertise they can unlock AT&T phones for about $30. Also, does this effect your AppleCare warranty? I always wondered about that.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Could you explain what AT&T would consider not under contract?

Exactly as it sounds...the phone you are submitting for unlock (via IMEI number) cannot be under contract by any person (whether its you or another). If the phone was purchased at a subsidized price (which is most likely a 2 year contract), the contract would either need to be bought out or the contract would have to be fulfilled before it can be unlocked by AT&T.

As far as I understand, NONE of the 3rd party unlocks work...there are several that claim they are still able to process the IMEI numbers, but from what I understand, based on an unlock service I used for the last 3 iPhone's I've had, there is no way to do it with AT&T anymore unless you know someone at AT&T who can override their process.

And no, unlocking has no bearing on Apple Care at all.

WhiteRa

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site

I thought T-Mobile iPhone 5s's are already factory unlocked...

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Did this 3rd party unlock policy just change or something? I have a Lumia 920 that I unlocked without issue through third party (albeit a few months ago). AT&T wouldn't do it as it had a past balance. I'm told this is the way to do it through AT&T (I know some people who work there):
https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...viceunlock%2Fclient%2Fen_US%2F&token=RjvIYK4J

Significantly changed. It essentially eliminated the 3rd party unlocking ability, and locked down their own method by giving you ONE choice...an online form you submit, which they can reject for any reason (IE: my AT&T iPhone 5S was purchased outright with no contract, I submitted for it to be unlocked by AT&T, and they rejected it saying that I was "Too close to my upgrade date", and that I would need to wait another 14 days to submit again...when I asked one of the CSR's, explaining that I was well outside of the return period since this 5S was purchased on September 28th, they responded with "Our records show you've had two new 5S's activated since the 5S's release date, you will have to wait until October 27th in order to resubmit."

Essentially, I'm being held hostage because they only have one system of unlocking, and regardless of whether you bought a subsidized iPhone or a full retail iPhone, the 14 day window PER iPhone applies, and not congruently. And because they have no ability to override this (yeah right, lol), there was nothing they could do to expedite the unlock. In simple terms, they hold AT&T 5S's hostage for 14 days EACH.

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
When you unlock an iPhone, do you break warranty? What about iOS updates, are those affected? How easy is it to unlock, what does the process usually entail. I want to unlock my iPhone 5.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Nara80

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I am a new Iphone 5s user. I am trying to unlock the phone now. Searching for the best way to unlock. I tried contacting Att manytimes and they are saying they don't have unlock codes now and i have to wait for next 6 months to get the phone unlocked from Att. So, can someone suggest better way to get it Factory unlocked(permanently) without effecting the apple warranty. And i don't need Jailbreaking. One more question is do we need to go jailbreak first to get my phone unlocked. Appreciate your responses.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

I am a new Iphone 5s user. I am trying to unlock the phone now. Searching for the best way to unlock. I tried contacting Att manytimes and they are saying they don't have unlock codes now and i have to wait for next 6 months to get the phone unlocked from Att. So, can someone suggest better way to get it Factory unlocked(permanently) without effecting the apple warranty. And i don't need Jailbreaking. One more question is do we need to go jailbreak first to get my phone unlocked. Appreciate your responses.

There is not a way for you to unlock your phone outside of submitting AT&T's device unlock form. That is your ONLY option now unfortunately. Do not believe the links and websites you read about, they cannot unlock AT&T phones anymore, period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711