Best sites to unlock iPhone 5S

Status
Not open for further replies.

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
When you unlock an iPhone, do you break warranty? What about iOS updates, are those affected? How easy is it to unlock, what does the process usually entail. I want to unlock my iPhone 5.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

If you get a unlock from a 3rd party you do not void warranty and updating OS as normal.

There is not a way for you to unlock your phone outside of submitting AT&T's device unlock form. That is your ONLY option now unfortunately. Do not believe the links and websites you read about, they cannot unlock AT&T phones anymore, period.

You can get a unlock outside of at&t its just going to cost $100+. I've done a few past couple weeks with no problem.

lwesterman01

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
There is not a way for you to unlock your phone outside of submitting AT&T's device unlock form. That is your ONLY option now unfortunately. Do not believe the links and websites you read about, they cannot unlock AT&T phones anymore, period.

Not true I can unlock Att iPhones in 24-48 hours (typically done in 12 hours)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
$100+...

Dolls_Laughing.gif

...I must admit that I was wrong though, I'm reading these unlocks are working, but jesus lord I cannot fathom someone taking that chance. It sounds so absurd to me. Oh well...I still stick by the comment I made though (slightly reworded) that the only REASONABLE unlock for AT&T is via their online form.

tgp

Trusted Member
Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Over on WPCentral there are a couple threads with users of the Lumia 1020 & 1520 with AT&T trying to get them unlocked. Most users in the US have the AT&T version because they were exclusive to AT&T at the beginning. Some users live outside the US, but bought the AT&T versions because that's all that was available at first. There are horror stories of dealing with AT&T on the unlocking issue. In a lot of cases AT&T wouldn't unlock them even if they were bought off contract. Reports indicate that AT&T's refusal to unlock is mostly with the Lumia & iPhone. The 3rd party unlockers aren't able to unlock the Lumias, but evidently they are able to get the unlock codes for the iPhones, albeit at a high price.

lwesterman01

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Over on WPCentral there are a couple threads with users of the Lumia 1020 & 1520 with AT&T trying to get them unlocked. Most users in the US have the AT&T version because they were exclusive to AT&T at the beginning. Some users live outside the US, but bought the AT&T versions because that's all that was available at first. There are horror stories of dealing with AT&T on the unlocking issue. In a lot of cases AT&T wouldn't unlock them even if they were bought off contract. Reports indicate that AT&T's refusal to unlock is mostly with the Lumia & iPhone. The 3rd party unlockers aren't able to unlock the Lumias, but evidently they are able to get the unlock codes for the iPhones, albeit at a high price.
I am personally working on a way to get both 1020 and 1520's unlocked I have a way now but it requires the user to be overly computer savvy and it takes a lot of time and not a venture i want to go down at the moment. I am working on a way to make it a lot easier and less of a headache

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
For sure go with your carrier especially if you have been with them and in good standing, No reason to have to pay for it.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
So is it confirmed 5s on AT&T unlocks work now? I need unlock for travel, been with AT&T for 13 years and they are being douches? I need reputable quick unlock.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I can personally vouch for Chronic Unlocks. They've unlocked three of my previous iPhones without issue. Very reliable and good service. I couldn't get AT&T to unlock my devices for me so had to go this route.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
AT&T does not sell unlocked phones. You can only purchase from Apple or purchase a locked phone and have 3rd party unlock service do it. AT&T by law can not lock phones that are out of contract and if it it is still under contract a 3rd party may unock your phone AT&T won't do it, either way you are still responsible to meet the terms of your contract.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
As I said above, Chronic Unlocks will unlock for a price. I just checked and the iPhones that I unlocked were $20-30 a piece. Looks like their prices have gone up quite a bit. Not sure why but I can tell you they're reputable and offer good service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711