Where did my new apps go??

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
so i had to do a restore last night and set my phone up as new. after setting my phone up as new i pulled all my apps from my itunes and put them back on my phone. I had about 5 apps i recently downloaded and before i set the phone up as new i backed everything up completely about an hour before restore. well all the new apps were not in itunes and only the ones i had from 6 months and back were there. where did the new ones go when i did the complete back up before restoring?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know. Can't you still re-download them from the "purchased" section of the App Store and then backup your device via iTunes again? It's possible, that something got messed up with the installation of the latest iTunes, but I'm just guessing...;)

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
i just re downloaded the apps that were not in my iTunes. they are back on my phone and everything is fine. just wondered why they were not on my itunes from a backup a couple days ago. also another question. does not matter what happens to the phone are your contacts always in icloud and update in icloud no matter if u have space on the cloud or not? haven't backed up to icloud in 10 months and it still keeps my current accurate contacts

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
When's the last time you transferred purchases from your iPhone to iTunes? It should prompt you to do this before you do any kind of restore or even new firmware update (like what happened yesterday).

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
It's always best to right click on the device listed and choose 'transfer purchases.' Sometimes just hitting sync or backup doesn't always transfer things to iTunes. I just attributed that problem to because Windows sucks.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73