So I haven't had any picture messages failed to send while sending to a non iPhone user but tonight for the first time I experienced it. I was connected to wifi at my house like always and wanted to send a pic to my friend who has a windows phone and it kept saying failure to send message. It always sends fast if it's an iPhone or not. Turned off my phone turned it back on and it sent no problem. But when I turned my phone back on I Turned the wifi off and it sent on LTE after turning my phone back on. Any thoughts? Thanks
    10-18-2013 11:32 PM
    If you're sending to a Windows phone you are using SMS/MMS, not iMessages so it doesn't matter at all if you are on wifi. It goes completely thru the carrier's network.
    10-18-2013 11:34 PM
    Correct. So why did it keep saying failed then I turned my phone off and on and it worked?
    10-18-2013 11:43 PM
    Try sending it again. If there is no problem, could simply be a one-off bug with messaging app.

If problem persists, try another app like whatsapp?
    10-18-2013 11:44 PM
    With all the pictures I send to my wife re guarding house stuff and stuff I see at work I get a fail fairly often. She's not on an iPhone. I seem to get that red exclamation point telling me it failed. Sends to iPhones no problem thanks to iMessage.

Don't know what it is but it happens to me about 10-20% of the time for non iPhone users.

Might just be a large pic to send through SMS rather than something like iMessage or bbm.

Sent from my Gameboy Color
    nikkisharif likes this.
    10-18-2013 11:51 PM
    Ya the reason it's just odd is because I've had my 5s for almost 2 weeks now and have no had this problem occur once. My service isn't the best in the house but once I turned my phone off and on it sent the first no problem. Just don't understand
    10-19-2013 12:00 AM
    Ya the reason it's just odd is because I've had my 5s for almost 2 weeks now and have no had this problem occur once. My service isn't the best in the house but once I turned my phone off and on it sent the first no problem. Just don't understand
    Yeah. Mine never fails due to a lack in signal also. Maybe just a hiccup on either end.

10-19-2013 08:25 AM
    I just wanna make sure its not the physical phone or hardware problems with my phone cause its 2 weeks old! what do you think it is most likely?
    10-19-2013 09:08 AM
    I just wanna make sure its not the physical phone or hardware problems with my phone cause its 2 weeks old! what do you think it is most likely?
    There is no most likely. Forums are to get a good idea on what do to but never generally solve a problem unless it's a known issue. Then we usually know 100%.

10-19-2013 09:45 AM
    I have experienced the same issue sending pictures via MMS (not iMessage)...maybe about 5% of the time I do it, I get an error that it wasn't sent. Try it again and it does...it could be something as simple as the way the data is formed by the iPhone in order to send it as an MMS (mainly compression of the file itself)...perhaps there is a hiccup during that process and the carrier network actually pulling the information for transmittal.
    10-19-2013 10:50 AM
    I've had this happen as well. I kept trying to send and eventually it did. It's happen based off of the other persons carrier too, blocking the message from going through.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    10-20-2013 09:37 AM