iPhone 5s compass and level issue.

anon(4110489)

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I know there's another topic about this but i have a slightly different issue. The compass does not calibrate at all and i tried to restart the device more than once and it's always not working and other third party apps are unable to use the compass because of the calibration issue!

The level issue is that it's always on -4 and that's It's normal!

Is it a software of hardware issue?
Will they replace my device?

And just a note for you guys! If you didn't upgrade from your iPhone 5 don't! Because i think it's useless and the fingerprint scanner isn't a WOW feature! I honestly want my iPhone 5 back! (My own point of view)

Thanks in advance! ;)

iPhone 5 using tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If you take the phone to an GeniusBar in an AppleStore and they can see that the compass is failing in apps - they'll likely swap your device.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I know there's another topic about this but i have a slightly different issue. The compass does not calibrate at all and i tried to restart the device more than once and it's always not working and other third party apps are unable to use the compass because of the calibration issue!

The level issue is that it's always on -4 and that's It's normal!

Is it a software of hardware issue?
Will they replace my device?

And just a note for you guys! If you didn't upgrade from your iPhone 5 don't! Because i think it's useless and the fingerprint scanner isn't a WOW feature! I honestly want my iPhone 5 back! (My own point of view)

Thanks in advance! ;)

iPhone 5 using tapatalk

So you're going to use your opinion on the features to tell other people it's not worth the upgrade for everyone? lol...ok.

Just curious how you know your level is at -4 if you can't get the device to calibrate (as you indicated)?

anon(4110489)

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
So you're going to use your opinion on the features to tell other people it's not worth the upgrade for everyone? lol...ok.

Just curious how you know your level is at -4 if you can't get the device to calibrate (as you indicated)?

I'm just saying my experience with the device and in my opinion i don't see it a great update! And at the end it's your choice to buy it or not! I'm not forcing anyone on not upgrading!

And about how i knew my level! It's because when i leave the phone on the calibrating screen for a while it shows up a compass that's not working and on the page then u can swipe left to see your level!

iPhone 5 using tapatalk

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Although the iPhone was always manufactured in China, it looks like the "Made in China" flavor took over it this year.

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm just saying my experience with the device and in my opinion i don't see it a great update! And at the end it's your choice to buy it or not! I'm not forcing anyone on not upgrading!

And about how i knew my level! It's because when i leave the phone on the calibrating screen for a while it shows up a compass that's not working and on the page then u can swipe left to see your level!

iPhone 5 using tapatalk

Of course your level is going to be off if you weren't able to calibrate it properly. That's why they require you to calibrate it, lol!

As far as your "experience", what your post read was...

And just a note for you guys! If you didn't upgrade from your iPhone 5 don't!

...plenty of people are having no issues with their 5S...in fact, MOST people are having no issues with their 5S (based on our forums and general consensus across most of the Apple related online forums, blogs and what not). So I mean sure...YOU don't feel it's worth the upgrade, but telling other people as if it's some kind of fact...

At any rate, I hope you get your phone configured soon...it's really quite an amazing device.

JSHidaka

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Well I've had all iPhone versions since 4, and no idea if 4, 4s have compass or is able to use a "level"... but on my 5 I've never used that "feature", My main reason to upgrade to 5s is changing from 16gb to 32... idc about the compass/level issue I will "never" use that feature, I don't even like games that use it, IMO, they are so dumb -_-, I already bought the 5s, it's on a friend house, and his mother will deliver it to me next week(in 4 days).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711