i5s and ios 7 rant

juanc723

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
hi! my name is jc and im not an apple fanboi!

so after 2 weeks with the i5s i wonder where all this "i5s is amazing" in the net is coming from?

A lil backround before the ranting!? so my first new iphone purchase was the i5. I felt in love with the cam app since im really into mobile photography. i had a 3gs so jumping to the i5 was a day and night difference.

Apple introduces a "first ever" "never seen before" "amazing" new i5s right? i said well then this must be great right? i mean i wasnt expecting a huge difference like from a 3gs to i5 but at least something. when i brought it home i had to take a look twice to the dual flash to make sure there wasnt a mistake and i came back with my old i5. i tried and tried, hours after hours and i couldnt tell any difference. i told myself no! you do have the amazing i5s, dont worry something good its about to happen. but im still waiting.

cosmetic wise is the same. ok fine it has the extra flash! oh and the graph on the home button is not there! ok ok its greay not black! oh and the rattle! well i think its a lil more hmmm "amazing"?

software wise? i thought i bought an iphone with the more stable mobile software and not an android that crashes and freezes several times a day!

wth all seriousness the i5s is not amazing at all! yes the camera and the cam app is better than the i5. but amazingly better? no! the ios7 is just a plain joke. crashes all over the place and ive been using ios since 3.1.3 and this ios7 is the more unstable ios ever! ok fine apple says we got to give developers a chance to catch up to this 64bit technology! hmmmm how long? because they only have about 7 months more till the i6 with ios8 comes out! and i can keep going on and on.

go android? ive thought about it. there are some really good phones out there but androids camera app needs alot of work.

btw!! hmmm got quick reply?

daveensannie

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Didn't had one single crash with my 5S about the difference between a 5 and a 5s you are correct but on the inside the difference is BIG

Last edited by a moderator:

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

so after 2 weeks with the i5s i wonder where all this "i5s is amazing" in the net is coming from?

A lil backround before the ranting!? so my first new iphone purchase was the i5. I felt in love with the cam app since im really into mobile photography. i had a 3gs so jumping to the i5 was a day and night difference.

Apple introduces a "first ever" "never seen before" "amazing" new i5s right? i said well then this must be great right? i mean i wasnt expecting a huge difference like from a 3gs to i5 but at least something. when i brought it home i had to take a look twice to the dual flash to make sure there wasnt a mistake and i came back with my old i5. i tried and tried, hours after hours and i couldnt tell any difference. i told myself no! you do have the amazing i5s, dont worry something good its about to happen. but im still waiting.

cosmetic wise is the same. ok fine it has the extra flash! oh and the graph on the home button is not there! ok ok its greay not black! oh and the rattle! well i think its a lil more hmmm "amazing"?

software wise? i thought i bought an iphone with the more stable mobile software and not an android that crashes and freezes several times a day!

wth all seriousness the i5s is not amazing at all! yes the camera and the cam app is better than the i5. but amazingly better? no! the ios7 is just a plain joke. crashes all over the place and ive been using ios since 3.1.3 and this ios7 is the more unstable ios ever! ok fine apple says we got to give developers a chance to catch up to this 64bit technology! hmmmm how long? because they only have about 7 months more till the i6 with ios8 comes out! and i can keep going on and on.

go android? ive thought about it. there are some really good phones out there but androids camera app needs alot of work.

Have you thought of possibly exchanging your iPhone for another? You could have a lemon.

Sorry that you are experiencing so many issues with iOS 7 but for it me it is super stable.

I honestly don't know what you were expecting from the 5S, every S class upgrade has always been an incremental upgrade it's just with the 5S it's the most improved of all the S models.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

juanc723

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
ios6 in the i5 was really smooth and fast. quick reply was still missing.

i was expecting for ios7 in the 5s to be the same. but its not.

lemon? apple must be growing these in a huge farm because so far there are 3 5s in the household with the same issues. and one i5 running so smooth jailbroken on ios6.1

i know it must be software related issue but we buy the phone as a whole. so this ios7 and the 64 bit deal is just not "amazing" just saying

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Ok I've heard your points. The 5S from the iPhone 5 isn't a MASSIVE improvement. It's at tweak and tailored upgrade. That's why apple put the " S" into it.

juanc723

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
ok somone needs to explain to me in plain english how is the i5s twice as fast as the i5 becuase i have them both in front of me and all apps do not run "twice as fast" in the 5s at all.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Better camera especially in low light, 64 bits processor and the co processor. This S is twice as fast then the 5 and it's outperform in the benchmarks almost every phone out there that are running quad core and 2.....ghz...in geek bench 3 it's even outperforming the note 3 iPhone 5s vs Galaxy Note 3 Benchmark Test (Geekbench 3) - YouTube

and to put those results in to focus:

Note 3 benchmarking "adjustments" inflate scores by up to 20% | Ars Technica

With the benchmark app renamed, to keep the Note 3 from recognizing it and going in to "boosted" benchmark mode, the single core overall score dropped by almost 50, and the multicore overall score dropped by about 500.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

"Take it back, take it back where ya got it before"- Jimmy Conway

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear that the 5S isn't working out for you. I would recommend trying an exchange first to make sure that that the one that you have now isn't just faulty and needs to be fixed. If the new one isn't what you think it should be, return it and get something else that may work out better for you. As for iOS 7, some people seem to have a lot of bugs with it while others like myself don't have problems with it. There will be OS updates that will correct these issues eventually, so hang in there and hopefully the update will come out soon.

km12345

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Did you update to 7.02 because it does help. I have had one freeze n crash but it's caused by 7.0. I have not had any since updated. Also test out some good graphics games.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

JOEY NEAT

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
I have had no issues with crashes. As others have stated the processor makes the 5S quicker and will show when more 64bit apps are available. People have said the 64 bit processor is no big deal because the apps aren't available yet, so does that mean Apple shouldn't have developed a quicker processor? And why do people consider a device as not being upgraded if the look doesn't change. The Iphone 5 was a well designed device with a good build, why not continue with the same chasis?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2