View Poll Results: Is The iPhone 5S The Best Smartphone You've Ever Owned/Used?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

39 78.00%
  • No

11 22.00%
    I was ready to ignore the 5S as I already have a 5 and usually eschew the 'S' variants of the iPhone. The best phone I currently own is my HTC One. A beast of a phone that has not missed a beat since I've owned it. I am replacing my old Samsung Galaxy S2 and was initially going to replace it with the new Note 3 but there are many and varied reasons why I will never touch a Samsung smartphone ever again. Instead, I'm desperately trying to find an unlocked Gold 64Gb iPhone 5S and having zero luck. All the stores I have been to in LA have not had any at all (there is a thread regarding this, so I won't go into further details here.)

I want this phone so much...
    10-18-2013 08:28 PM
    I have the iPhone 4S....and I love it YES it is the best smartphone I've own before that I had an blackberry soooo terrible it kept bricking on me before that an windows phone it was ok...but now that I have the iPhone 4S I really can't complain about anything
    10-18-2013 08:33 PM
    Its the 2nd best phone I've ever owned but its the very 1st iPhone that I loved right out the box. iOS 7 is refreshing, the speed of the phone is amazing, LOVE the camera and the gold is very easy on the eyes
    10-18-2013 10:40 PM
    Gee, I wonder what the overwhelming response would be in a forum such as this?
    My thoughts exactly. Lol
    10-18-2013 10:57 PM
    I own almost every smartphone out, but I always come back to my iPhone because of the simplicity of it. Sometimes I don't feel like dealing with all the animations, features, lagging, and so on. Plus the camera is all I really need. However, the HTC One is one beast of a phone and it has zero glitches at all; reminds me a lot of the iPhone.
    10-19-2013 09:53 AM
    The only smartphones I've ever owned were iPhones, and yes, the 5S is the best one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    10-19-2013 10:20 AM
    Well, technology moves forward, and this phone is less than a month old for everyone.

So the surprise would be that there is ANYONE for whom this wasn't the best smartphone they'd ever used.

The question is trivial.
    10-19-2013 08:51 PM
    I know I'm not going to get a gold star from Apple, but no - this isn't the best smartphone I've owned. I've had almost all of the models and since the 4 its just the same square slab with sharp edges. The 3gs felt much better in the hand. My gold 5s is beautiful to behold, but its been a pain in the a** otherwise. I had major wifi issues with it. If I left home and at work connected to their network, once I got home the 5s wouldn't join my home network unless I rebooted the router. Same going from my home to my daughter's house. I can't reboot everyone's router just to make this thing work. At home I changed to a static ip address and now it joins my home network without a complaint. But I also can't assign static ip addresses everywhere I go. Then there's the app crashes. Not a lot of them and I realize developers didn't have much time to fine tune so I expect this to resolve itself with a few updates. Also had springboard crash 3-4 times. This is not typical Apple quality and I'm puzzled. Hopefully they'll get things fixed before the 6 comes out.
    10-19-2013 09:21 PM
    All depends how you define "best"...

The 5S is the best iPhone I've ever used. But I will always have fond memories of the original iPhone 2G. While not technologically "better" than the 5S, compared to the competition at the time, it was freakin amazing, and just plain rocked my world.

I also think Nokia handsets of the early 2000s were some of the best phones ever. You could drop one out of a moving car, and all you had to do was put the battery back in, pop the back panel on, and everything was fine. Also, the battery lasted like a week, and everyone had one, so when the battery finally was low, you could just borrow someones wall or car charger... because someone always had one.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    10-19-2013 10:07 PM
    If only my iPhone 5s had battery life like my iPhone 4. I was getting about 10 hours on usage.
    If that was the case I could put this phone 1st.
    What the hell. It already is 😂
    10-19-2013 11:08 PM
    Yes, for me it is. It is imperfect, but the iphone 5s uses the available technology in the most cohesive way for my purposes. (It doesn't hurt that ios7 borrows a couple of favorite tricks from web os). As a working musician, I use my iphone for far more than phone calls these days. I find ios has the most fully realized suite of useable tools for on the go music production, and that is a huge plus. I never thought during the days if the Kyocera 7135 and later the Palm Pre, that I would have useable audio recorded on my phone, that I could import into a full blown studio recording.
    doublebullout likes this.
    10-21-2013 12:56 AM
    My last couple of phones were the Palm pre-, Galaxy S2, and Apple iPhone 5s. The iPhone 5s is definitely the best phone I've ever owned, but I'll always have a special place in my heart for the Palm pre-. If palm could've gotten the hardware correct and were able to work out some of the bugs in webOS that may have been a dream made in heaven.
    doublebullout and aarontodd like this.
    10-21-2013 03:33 PM
    Been in the tech industry since 1996. Had Palm V1 since the beginning, iPaq (HP windows mobile Pocket PC) n all their variant, Windows Mobile Phone n their thick heavy HTC variant, All iPhones since the beginning, and some varieties of Android from the G1, MyTouch til the latest 4.3 Android.

When iPhone first came out, I honestly laugh at Apple for trying to come up with a smartphone. Then I went to the Apple store, saw it, played with it, and shelled out $1198 for me n wifey first iPhone. Despite the many missing technical features (App strore, Exchange, cut copy paste, Corporate MDM, etc; on their first iteration of iPhone, they are still the best one in term of user experience.) Every year they always manage to improve their OS and Hardware, besting previous year release, and in combination becomes the best smartphone year after year.
    10-21-2013 04:12 PM
    Hell Yeah !!! Even if I was loving the 5 I give my to Wife. 😄

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk - now Free
    10-21-2013 07:15 PM
    Not necessarily. I've owned a few iPhones prior to the 5S and I would not have answered "yes" to this exact question if it had been asked back then.

Not everyone is a fanboy, you know. People can form well thought-out, independent opinions, even when they stray from the status quo.
    aue123 and nikkisharif like this.
    10-21-2013 10:11 PM
    meih... its a toss up between the 5s and my old iPhone 4. me and that old 4 went through a lot together lol.
    10-24-2013 12:31 PM
    I have always owned a Blackberry and the Iphone 5s is by far the best smartphone...
    10-24-2013 01:19 PM
    I currently have two mobile in my hand, note 2 and an iPhone. How i actually use my phone? I only use my note 2 when my iPhone is charging. I think you guys already know which side I'm standing on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-14-2013 05:48 AM
    The iPhone 5S is the best phone I've ever had hands down from my first cell phone a Mitsubishi, Motorola (every popular model), Nokia N gage, sidekicks, pocket PC, and every iPhone since the the first Iphone. (Yea I've been around the block) oh yeah and the GS4. Iphone5s takes the cake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-14-2013 02:45 PM
    i5s is the best definitely its easy to use,i had tried others before(bb,nok,sam)
    11-14-2013 07:33 PM
    I've used every single type of device from a BlackBerry to WebOS to Android. My latest phone before my 5s was a Nexus 4. I must admit, the Nexus 4 was absolutely incredible. I loved vanilla Android--and to be perfectly honest as an operating system alone I would choose Android over iOS without hesitation. What changed my mind was the hardware though. The 5s is beautiful, and takes even more beautiful photos. That's really what sold me. And my battery life? Its been stellar. I've been completely impressed by these two things on my latest iPhone and that is why I find it to be the best smartphone I've ever used.
    11-14-2013 10:25 PM
    Thus far for me it is truly the best phone that I have ever owned.
    11-15-2013 02:51 AM
    Depends on the timing. Now it's 5S. Previously was 4, 3GS, and nokia 3310 😁
    11-15-2013 06:13 AM
    Honestly, the iPhone 5 used to be my favourite smartphone back when it was the flagship phone. Now, I don't know about the other guys, but this phone is great not because it's new, but because it's a step in the right direction. With this phone, Apple has taken care of the soft Aluminium that would scratch if you stared hard enough at it and they've improved the camera, which I never felt would've won any awards in low light photography. This phone manages to be familiar yet significantly better. For me, that's enough.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    11-15-2013 12:47 PM
    I have had first gen iPhone, 3G, 4, 5 and then the 5s. I usually pass on the s models and so upgrade every two years. I used a Nexus once with FroYo on it but after a month I sold it. It was just to see how the Android experience was I wasn't going to switch. I'm invested in the Apple ecosystem and I knew from day one that the iPhone would always be my smartphone of choice, why? Well it's just a personal preference pretty much I just knew. I can however say that going from the 5 to the 5s yes the 5s is the best smartphone I have ever owned. The difference in speed was not as obvious as it had been going from the 3G to the 4 and most people now I think go by the difference in speed. The difference for me was the fingerprint scanner. I was amazed at how after 1 week typing in my 6 digit passcode was now something I find hard to do. I have always had a passcode so it's not like I wasn't used to it but with the ease of the scanner just like autoupdates in iOS 7 this manual method was something I no longer had to worry about doing. This was the one breakout feature for me on the 5s and to me it is indespensible.
    11-15-2013 03:41 PM
55 123