My iPhone5 is silver/white, so I went black on 5s, If my 5 was black for sure would have bought the gold one
    nikkisharif likes this.
    10-19-2013 12:43 PM
    This is probably a useless thread but I had to ask this question.. Do you think the gold 5s is gaining popularity due to how it looks or how rare they are to find at the moment. Seems to me MOST people voted for liking the space grey at the beginning of the release but the rarer the gold becomes the more people are switching to want it. I think it falls I'm the "I can't have it, so I want it more" category.

Sent from my iPhone 5s

It looks better IRL than anyone could have imagined- that has to be part of it. People who never would have considered gold may change their mind once they see it. saw one up close for the first time last week. Let me tell you: NO photo or even video online can accurately show the color. It is subtle- from even a foot away, it is indistinguishable from silver. Anyone who feared it would be garish would find that it is just the opposite.

Still love my space gray- seeing gold for real did not sway me b/c I prefer black face, but I can imagine the appeal growing as more and more people see them in the wild vs. on screen.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    10-20-2013 01:22 AM
    It's a little bit of both. People were secretly (or not so secretly) attached to the gold iPhone. Then, the shortages pushed it up a notch and pretty much all the 5s are sold out where I am.
    10-20-2013 02:40 AM
    Don't think due to its looks but it's new features

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk - now Free
    10-20-2013 04:12 AM
    I was interested because it's new.

And to annoy my friends who were making fun of it.
    10-20-2013 09:13 AM
    I have to say I am a fan of the 64 gig gold, and I did not expect to be. Glad I got it. The color is very subtle.
    Sekelani Zwambila likes this.
    10-20-2013 10:26 PM
    For me, the gold 5S is just a different look to all the iPhones I've had previously. My 5 is white/silver and all my previous iPhones have been black. I just want something different from that and having played with a gold one in store, the colour is very subtle and not at all 'blingy', like i feared. I frankly don't give a toss whether it is perceived as being rarer than the others as I don't buy a phone as a status symbol, like so many others seem to do, I buy a phone that does what I need it to do. If I am going to part with my own hard earned money, then my choice of colour is a personal thing.

My current car is silver. Why? Because I happen to think it looks better in silver and as it cost be a great amount of money, I had the choice of colour and wanted something I liked. I will not denigrate anyone else for having the same car in a different colour.
    10-20-2013 11:37 PM
    IMHO..I believe the GOLD 5s is more about being new and only available on a very limited basis at the onset makes it so popular. The interesting thing is that most people will cover up most the gold part with a case. That being said, it is an attractive phone. My wife has opted to wait to get the gold until it's readily available. That's OK fer me....
    10-21-2013 12:11 AM
    I'd say must people want gold, as it's a status symbol. Saying, "look what I have". It's human nature, we do it with anything we buy. Just the way it is.

Sent from my iPhone 5s, while being awesome at the same time.
    10-21-2013 02:00 AM
    ya sure popular by gold options , most up people demanding this options & girls-ladies is demand too this ..... hahahah
    10-21-2013 02:46 AM
    I was one of those who voted for and bought Space Gray. But I must say after seeing the gold a few times it has grown on me a lot. I definitely would have no problem with owning the gold.
    10-21-2013 03:46 AM
    I think that I would have preferred a Champagne colour.

I think the popularity would be 50% colour and 50% rarity.

Space Grey is the classy one
    daisylin24 likes this.
    10-21-2013 04:38 AM
    I think it's because it's new and it's an easy way for people to prove that they have the newest Iphone because it stands out. Me personally am all about the space grey. Love the new dark model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    10-24-2013 12:57 AM
    When something is 'rare' or otherwise in short supply, people will almost always want it... I know from personal experience.
    10-24-2013 01:16 AM
    When something is 'rare' or otherwise in short supply, people will almost always want it... I know from personal experience.
    Still got your touchpad? Haha

Sent from my Gameboy Color
    10-24-2013 03:19 PM
40 12