Votes: 42 79.2%
  • No

Votes: 11 20.8%

• Total voters

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
From what I'm reading there, Mastercard would not fully replace AppleCare+

The key part is: "The benefit duplicates the terms of the original manufacturers warranty" which for Apple, without AppleCare+, does not cover accidental damage.

Yep I know. Only in my case MasterCard Extended Warranty will come in advantage. Since I study in Qatar, and only come to the US in the summer holiday, if my phone ever breaks here I can send it to one of the Apple "Stupid" Authorized centers and MasterCard will pay the repair fees.

I call them stupid, because I have no idea how Apple authorized them or gave them permission to touch their devices when these centers got no idea about the device and how to repair it.

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Before they introduced apple care + you could add apple care anytime within the 1st year. Maybe the associate confused the two.

Maybe, but they haven't offered regular Apple Care on the iPhone for a couple of years now if I remember correctly, so it's not like it was changed this year or anything...Apple Care + has always been 30 days (and I thought started with the 4S).

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Maybe, but they haven't offered regular Apple Care on the iPhone for a couple of years now if I remember correctly, so it's not like it was changed this year or anything...Apple Care + has always been 30 days (and I thought started with the 4S).

Yes it started after the 4S was released by few weeks.

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app

haxrnick

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't think so. But if you are within 30 days of purchase, you can call up Apple and they'll run some remote diagnostics on the phone and let you purchase it over the phone.

I believe you have to actually take the phone in for inspection for damage. If you don't live within I think 50 miles of an Apple Store they'll let you do it over the phone.

kevinarguello

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I believe you have to actually take the phone in for inspection for damage. If you don't live within I think 50 miles of an Apple Store they'll let you do it over the phone.

I think they have an apple section at Best Buy. I might pass by and check if they'd take a look at it so I can get Apple care.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Just checked it out at Apple.com and apparently you can call with your proof of purchase and they'll run some remote diagnostic program so I can get registered in the system. No big deal

In addition to the remote diagnostics, Apple may request a visual inspection, as well. They don’t always do that, but they can, and have requested that of me on one of my previous iPhone purchases..

kevinarguello

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
In addition to the remote diagnostics, Apple may request a visual inspection, as well. They don’t always do that, but they can, and have requested that of me on one of my previous iPhone purchases..

Well, let's see what happens once I have the thing physically in my hands next week. I'm talking about this things before even touching the toy

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
When I got my 5s, that was the first time I purchased AppleCare. Walked into my local Apple Store on day 10 and plunked down the $99.

kevinarguello

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Thing is that the closest Apple Store from my base is like 70+ miles or something like that... Can't drive all the way for just a visual inspection, the OK and drop the money. I might just stick with the AT&T insurance thing if they give me problems

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Thing is that the closest Apple Store from my base is like 70+ miles or something like that... Can't drive all the way for just a visual inspection, the OK and drop the money. I might just stick with the AT&T insurance thing if they give me problems

You can just call Apple using the contact number in the Apple Store app and they'll add it for you. All you need is the serial number (settings->general->about) and a credit card. This is how I added mine because I didn't purchase it at Best Buy when I purchased my phone. They didn't even ask me any questions. Took less than 5 minutes and they emailed my agreement number to me.

cyberpaw

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site

I called Apple about getting it. They said that if you want Apple Care to just call Apple right after you activate the phone and they will give it to you over the phone. But if you wait a few days/week(s), then you have to bring it in to store for damage inspection.

mustangboy88

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I called Apple about getting it. They said that if you want Apple Care to just call Apple right after you activate the phone and they will give it to you over the phone. But if you wait a few days/week(s), then you have to bring it in to store for damage inspection.

You have 30 days from the date it ships if you ordered it online or you bought the phone from the carrier/Apple Store. You can either go to an Apple Store and purchase it or you have to call it in and perform a diagnostic test via a link they text you.

You do not have to take it in store.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

I purchased my 5S on launch day & purchased AC+ over the phone Oct. 15, no questions asked.

You can either go to an Apple Store and purchase it or you have to call it in and perform a diagnostic test via a link they text you.

You do not have to take it in store.

They never said anything about a link when I got it. I told the girl I wanted to purchase AC+ and she said ok then asked for my serial number & credit card info...that's all!!

metacuate

May 3, 2013
Visit site
My experience with applecare+...

When I got home with my phone, which was bright and shiny and full of amazingness, I went online and saw the applecare+ had not been registered. I waited a few hours, and then decided to check my receipt, and sure enough, the end date of the applecare coverage was the same day I had purchased the phone. Let's just say, I called apple wanting to know what was going on.

I ended up talking to a plan administrator, and she had to give me a "replacement plan", and now it has coverage. Just a warning if you picked it up in store, sometimes the person who completes your order can mess it up pretty bad and you will have to call. Make sure the end date on the receipt is the correct end date.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro