View Poll Results: Will you get applecare+ for your 5S?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

42 79.25%
  • No

11 20.75%
    It's worth EVERY PENNY. My iMac's hard drive AND motherboard died within the first 2 years of ownership. Applecare covered both as well as the power source that died like a month before AC ran out. Clearly I got a dud....
    I 100% agree that a warranty is well worth it on a Macbook...I've had Apple Care on every one that I owned up until this last one, where I went the Square Trade route (because of amazing service we had with our plasma TV warranty through them)...so far no issues with the MBP, but the square trade coverage was cheaper and if it's handled the same way our TV was when it went bad, it'll be well worth it.

That said, Apple Care on any Macbook is a really awesome investment.
    ame likes this.
    10-17-2013 12:31 PM
    Also if you get AppleCare on a MacBook or iMac, it automatically covers problems with peripherals like an AirPort Extreme even without purchasing AppleCare on the peripheral. And it's good for a purchase of the Airport up to two years prior to the purchase of the MacBook.

http://aos.prf.hn/click/camref:1100l...or-macbook-pro

Apple hardware coverage
    The AppleCare Protection Plan provides global repair coverage, both parts and labor, from Apple-authorized technicians around the world perfect whether you work at a desk or travel with your Mac. Apple hardware coverage includes:
    Your Mac computer
    Included accessories such as the power adapter
    Apple memory (RAM)
    AirPort
    Apple USB SuperDrive (for MacBook Air, MacBook Pro with Retina display, iMac, and Mac mini only)
    Apple display purchased with your Mac
    ame likes this.
    10-17-2013 12:37 PM
    My wife just had to take her 4s to the Apple store. We had apple care on the phone and they swapped it out free of charge. The power button no longer worked.
    M.Rizk likes this.
    10-17-2013 12:48 PM
    I just got it today. Now I am debating whether to keep the insurance from Verizon. Anybody have both?
    10-17-2013 02:20 PM
    The only thing that the verizon insurance covers is a lost phone that the apple care does not cover. Apple Care will cover damaged phones with a lower deductible.
    Sydneysue likes this.
    10-17-2013 02:31 PM
    If you buy Apple Care or any other insurance plan, why would you put a case on it? To me it's one or the other. Just don't get it but that's just my opinion :-)

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app
    10-17-2013 02:46 PM
    I just got it today. Now I am debating whether to keep the insurance from Verizon. Anybody have both?
    I have carrier insurance and Applecare. I use the carrier insurance in the event of loss or theft, and Applecare for the rest.
    10-17-2013 03:23 PM
    I have carrier insurance and Applecare. I use the carrier insurance in the event of loss or theft, and Applecare for the rest.
    I really wish AC+ would cover theft. I know it's hard for them to know if it's fraud or not. But I'd bring in a police report if that's what was required.
    Sydneysue likes this.
    10-17-2013 03:28 PM
    If you buy Apple Care or any other insurance plan, why would you put a case on it? To me it's one or the other. Just don't get it but that's just my opinion :-)

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app
    Because I don't like having a refurb phone ever, except in case of emergency when my phone completely dies and no way to repair it.

I like enjoying my phone naked, but I go crazy when I see a scratch, and unlike the 4S I actually fell in love with the 5S before I ever get it so I really care about it.

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app
    10-17-2013 03:29 PM
    You have 30 days to add it, no more.
    Thanks for the heads up. I have another question. If I get apple care lets say today which will extend my warranty for 2 years, then next year I decide to get the iPhone 6, will that phone be covered from the previous apple care that I bought for this phone?
    10-17-2013 05:57 PM
    Because I don't like having a refurb phone ever, except in case of emergency when my phone completely dies and no way to repair it.

I like enjoying my phone naked, but I go crazy when I see a scratch, and unlike the 4S I actually fell in love with the 5S before I ever get it so I really care about it.

Have you recieved your 5s yet?
    10-17-2013 05:57 PM
    Thanks for the heads up. I have another question. If I get apple care lets say today which will extend my warranty for 2 years, then next year I decide to get the iPhone 6, will that phone be covered from the previous apple care that I bought for this phone?
    No, but you can ask for a refund for the remaining period and get Apple Care for your iPhone 6.

10-17-2013 05:59 PM
    Have you recieved your 5s yet?
    Virtually yes, it reached my parents in the US and it just departed the US now. Should reach Qatar tomorrow but as it's weekend here I will be picking it up on Sunday or Monday.

10-17-2013 06:00 PM
    Virtually yes, it reached my parents in the US and it just departed the US now. Should reach Qatar tomorrow but as it's weekend here I will be picking it up on Sunday or Monday.

God the wait must of been killing you so badly. At least it's on its way mate!
    10-17-2013 06:02 PM
    No, but you can ask for a refund for the remaining period and get Apple Care for your iPhone 6.

Cheers. So I must keep the receipt for over a year? Lol
    10-17-2013 06:03 PM
    God the wait must of been killing you so badly. At least it's on its way mate!
    Yep I have been waiting since the 27th of September! Lol!

10-17-2013 06:03 PM
    I don't think you need to keep it. Apple has records of everything, when I wanted to repair my MacBook Pro in an Apple Store in San Francisco I didn't bring anything with me but my passport as a proof of identity when I receive my device back.

10-17-2013 06:06 PM
    They'll want a reference number. Just take a picture of the receipt or have Apple email you one and just save it on your email account.
    Makes the process easier.
    10-17-2013 06:25 PM
    I always get it, and I also carry the carrier insurance in case of loss/theft.
    Same here. If I got the loot I get Apple Care +. Especially with the new Touch ID. You never know when it might crap out. Just go in and get a new one. Same deal if it's stolen or loss. I'm sticking with my 5s until the 6s.
    10-17-2013 09:06 PM
    No Question....Without a doubt!!
    10-17-2013 09:30 PM
    Did the verizon insurance. Has paid off in replacements in the past. I can afford the insurance but I couldn't afford to replace it if I dropped it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    10-17-2013 09:32 PM
    He lied (or just had no idea what he was talking about). It's always been 30 days.
    Before they introduced apple care + you could add apple care anytime within the 1st year. Maybe the associate confused the two.

With my 1st 2 iPhones I bought apple care but I think it was only $60 (I think). $99 + a replacement charge for apple care + doesn't hold much value to me. I upgrade every year so I've decided against it. If I was planning on keeping it past a year I would probably get it.

On Order: 64gb GOLD 5s AT&T
    Ordered: 11:04 am est 9/20
    Order Status: processing...est shipping Oct 24-28 delivery by Nov 1
    Mental Status: questionable...the longer I wait the more crazed I become about checking my order status.
    10-17-2013 09:49 PM
    I have a MasterCard Word credit card, it offers me extended warranty for additional 12 months, that includes 500$ per claim with a limit of up to 3000$. Since Apple charges you about 200$ for iPhone replacements if you don't have Apple Care +, and the credit card covers up to 500$ per claim do I still need to care about Apple Care +?

I have already bought Apple Care + with this iPhone 5S, but I was asking so I know what to do with my future Apple devices. Also do you think the credit card will cover the 79$ replacement fee for Apple Care + replacements?

Extended Warranty by MasterCard World link: http://worldcard.mastercard.com/cont...rotection.html

10-17-2013 11:31 PM
    I have a MasterCard Word credit card, it offers me extended warranty for additional 12 months, that includes 500$ per claim with a limit of up to 3000$. Since Apple charges you about 200$ for iPhone replacements if you don't have Apple Care +, and the credit card covers up to 500$ per claim do I still need to care about Apple Care +?

I have already bought Apple Care + with this iPhone 5S, but I was asking so I know what to do with my future Apple devices. Also do you think the credit card will cover the 79$ replacement fee for Apple Care + replacements?

Extended Warranty by MasterCard World link: http://worldcard.mastercard.com/cont...rotection.html

I dont think the credit card will cover you if you still have some kind of warranty or coverage, I always buy my iphones with Amex credir cards so I extend the warranty for two years, I'm not really that concern about damage or theft so I never pay for that stuff
    10-17-2013 11:49 PM
    I dont think the credit card will cover you if you still have some kind of warranty or coverage, I always buy my iphones with Amex credir cards so I extend the warranty for two years, I'm not really that concern about damage or theft so I never pay for that stuff
    But if I didn't have Apple Care + they would cover it, right?

10-17-2013 11:50 PM
123 12345