View Poll Results: Will you get applecare+ for your 5S?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

42 79.25%
  • No

11 20.75%
    Huh- I never thought about Best buy or Verizon's insurance plan.
    Since I bought it through Verizon and am waiting for it, do I just bring it in to a local Apple store to get it?

hahaha- I'm scouring iMore and the internet for insurance and a case for a phone I don't have!
    You can also call Apple.

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app
    10-16-2013 07:11 PM
    Huh- I never thought about Best buy or Verizon's insurance plan.
    Since I bought it through Verizon and am waiting for it, do I just bring it in to a local Apple store to get it?

hahaha- I'm scouring iMore and the internet for insurance and a case for a phone I don't have!
    Yeah When U Get It Just Take It In To Apple & They Will Inspect It Before Granting U AppleCare...

Sent From The State Of Ohio...
    10-16-2013 07:12 PM
    When you get your iPhone 5S you have 30 days to add AC+. You can do this by making a appointment to have it inspected in an Apple store, or by calling 1-800-275-2273. Calling the 1-800 # will require you to run a remote diagnostic test and provide proof of purchase.
    10-16-2013 07:16 PM
    I purchased AppleCare+ when I bought my 5s. I'm contemplating getting it for my MacBook Air as well. I got it for my 5s mostly because I purchased it at full retail price unlocked. While I try to take care of my devices, accidents happen especially with mobile devices. If an accident happens I'd rather pay the $79 + tax and get it repaired or replaced over paying the full $650 + tax for a new iPhone.
    10-16-2013 07:22 PM
    I purchased AppleCare+ when I bought my 5s. I'm contemplating getting it for my MacBook Air as well. I got it for my 5s mostly because I purchased it at full retail price unlocked. While I try to take care of my devices, accidents happen especially with mobile devices. If an accident happens I'd rather pay the $79 + tax and get it repaired or replaced over paying the full $650 + tax for a new iPhone.
    I feel the Apple Care + for Macs is just too expensive, specially that the chances anything would go wrong with a Mac is really low.

10-16-2013 07:28 PM
    I feel the Apple Care + for Macs is just too expensive, specially that the chances anything would go wrong with a Mac is really low.

You might think that. So did I, when I bought my MacBook Air. What can go wrong, I thought. But I bought Applecare anyway. I was glad I did when, after just over a year's ownership, the solid state drive that "never fails" did fail, and had to be replaced. I always buy Applecare.
    10-16-2013 08:38 PM
    I usually only keep my phones for a year but I got it because I always give my old phone to my son...and he's extremely rough with his phones!!!
    10-16-2013 09:47 PM
    Since we have the 5s and 5c, we decided to purchase AC+ for both. Also helps the resale value.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    10-16-2013 10:11 PM
    I did. When I ordered my 5s on the 20th on the apple store app, I added it to my order.
    M.Rizk likes this.
    10-16-2013 11:00 PM
    I'll probably get apple care just before my 1 year warranty expires.
    10-17-2013 12:05 AM
    I'll probably get apple care just before my 1 year warranty expires.
    You have to get it within 30 days of original purchase.

AppleCare+ for iPhone - Apple Store (U.S.)

How to get AppleCare+
    Add it to your shopping cart during the checkout process when you purchase your new iPhone.
    Buy it within 30 days of your iPhone purchase. Your iPhone purchase date is the date we ship and charge you for your order:

-At an Apple Retail Store (requires inspection of your iPhone and proof of purchase)
    -By calling (800) 275-2273 (requires you to run a remote diagnostic and provide proof of purchase)
    10-17-2013 12:10 AM
    You have to get it within 30 days of original purchase.

AppleCare+ for iPhone - Apple Store (U.S.)
    Really?
    I asked the guy at the apple store and he told me I can get apple care within the 1 year warranty. Unless......
    He LIED
    10-17-2013 12:11 AM
    I got it for my 5S. If I don't keep the phone for over a year I just get a refund for the prorated amount. I've done this 3 times with Apple Care +
    Mason Rasmussen and jbs-horn like this.
    10-17-2013 12:16 AM
    I didn't bother getting it this time around. Really they will replace it for 200.00 if it gets broken, still more than AppleCare but I'm willing to risk it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-17-2013 12:28 AM

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I wish AppleCare had accidental damage coverage for the MacBook line since their portable, and moved around a lot.

You might think that. So did I, when I bought my MacBook Air. What can go wrong, I thought. But I bought Applecare anyway. I was glad I did when, after just over a year's ownership, the solid state drive that "never fails" did fail, and had to be replaced. I always buy Applecare.
    Then I read stories like yours lol. It makes me worry that something like that'll happen to mine and I'll be out of luck without AppleCare or my non existent deep pockets to get it repaired without.
    10-17-2013 02:13 AM
    I got it for my 5S. If I don't keep the phone for over a year I just get a refund for the prorated amount. I've done this 3 times with Apple Care +
    That's what i am planning to do but have no idea how much i'll get back later on.

Any rough estimates what'll you get in return at the end of the year?
    10-17-2013 08:15 AM
    Really?
    I asked the guy at the apple store and he told me I can get apple care within the 1 year warranty. Unless......
    He LIED
    You have 30 days to add it, no more.
    10-17-2013 08:46 AM
    I do the same. Just got a $45 refund for the unused portion of my iPhone 5 AC+.
    10-17-2013 08:48 AM
    Man, this sounds better and better- I'll just sign up for it.
    Eileen89 likes this.
    10-17-2013 09:08 AM
    Waste of money.
    10-17-2013 10:19 AM
    That's what i am planning to do but have no idea how much i'll get back later on.

Any rough estimates what'll you get in return at the end of the year?
    For my iPhone 5 I got in November 2012, I canceled AC+ in August. Was 60 something dollars.
    10-17-2013 11:25 AM
    I do the same. Just got a $45 refund for the unused portion of my iPhone 5 AC+.
    45$! That's great. I am assuming you had your 5 on the launch day.

10-17-2013 11:28 AM
    Really?
    He LIED
    He lied (or just had no idea what he was talking about). It's always been 30 days.
    10-17-2013 12:14 PM
    Lying and not knowing what your talking about but giving an answer anyways would still be considered lying. So yes you got lied too

Sent from my iPhone 5s
    10-17-2013 12:17 PM

It's worth EVERY PENNY. My iMac's hard drive AND motherboard died within the first 2 years of ownership. Applecare covered both as well as the power source that died like a month before AC ran out. Clearly I got a dud....
    10-17-2013 12:28 PM
123 1234 ...