Finally got my 5S! Some observations.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So, mt space gray iphone 5S finally was delivered yesterday and I love it! It's so nice to have a one handed phone again with battery to get me through the day

I do have some observations, though:

1. Does anyone else notice this sudden jerk of the background when going back to the home screen from within a app? It's not every time, but seems to happen every few times.

2. I notice that scrolling web pages is different than on chrome on android. Like, it seems on safari I need to do more swipes to get to the bottom of a wen page.

3. I really need to stop being so paranoid about my electronics. For example, I bought a new case for the phone that was a bit tough to get off once I put it on. I now am worried that the phones internals were bent or something trying to take the case off -_- it's rather silly, I know

Anyway, anyone notice these things or have feedback?

Xx BEN xX

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I just got the 64 gig space grey as well and great phone. I did notice the background as you said but it only happened the first 10 minutes my phone was running probably just due to being a new phone and getting fired up ya know..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
So, mt space gray iphone 5S finally was delivered yesterday and I love it! It's so nice to have a one handed phone again with battery to get me through the day

1. Does anyone else notice this sudden jerk of the background when going back to the home screen from within a app? It's not every time, but seems to happen every few times.

2. I notice that scrolling web pages is different than on chrome on android. Like, it seems on safari I need to do more swipes to get to the bottom of a wen page.

3. I really need to stop being so paranoid about my electronics. For example, I bought a new case for the phone that was a bit tough to get off once I put it on. I now am worried that the phones internals were bent or something trying to take the case off -_- it's rather silly, I know

Congrats on your new 5S!!! Enjoy

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I just got the 64 gig space grey as well and great phone. I did notice the background as you said but it only happened the first 10 minutes my phone was running probably just due to being a new phone and getting fired up ya know..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine seems to do it like every third or so time. I dunno

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Have you tried updating your Safari app? I have done that and it has since had no problems with swiping up and down. As for your case problem, why not just leave the case on? That way there wouldn't be a hassle...

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

The jerking is a bug turn off the motion in accessibility it will fix that

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Oh sorry, you meant Safari, I meant I updated Chrome...

However, I didn't notice the problem you had with Safari..though.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site

Your observations are valid mate. I noticed the same things you mentioned the jumpy home screen. I'm thinking it probably a glitchy feature.
I also don't like cases that are to tight on the phone cause they can cause scratches.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the tip about turning off motion.

I actually went ahead and did a full restore, thinking it might have been a glitch. But I see now see that wasn't necessary.

I suppose no harm, no foul? Would a restore hurt anything? And does it matter that my battery was only about 40 percent full when I did it? (I'm asking because those manuals always say have atleast 60 percent charge left, but is that just so the phone doesn't die mid restore?)

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Your observations are valid mate. I noticed the same things you mentioned the jumpy home screen. I'm thinking it probably a glitchy feature.
I also don't like cases that are to tight on the phone cause they can cause scratches.

I'm not worried so much of scratches as I was just paranoid that I bent something in the phone when I tried taking the case of, ha ha. I know it's very silly, but my anxiety makes me worry about strange things.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

If it's the Apple Leather Case you have it will stretch and get loose over time. I've had mine for 3 weeks and it's easy to remove now. If it's the Apple Case.

km12345

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site

1. Turn off parallex

2. Welcome to iOS

3. Welcome to the club. We r all OCD about our 5s. I didn't have a case for a week n I was treating it like a newborn and keeping in a sunglasses pouch. Last night put on full body but I did a not so great job. I am in the process of getting another full body. My clear case on the way after finally days of decision making. LoL I'm sure it won't end.

4. I love using my iPhone and can't wait for the jailbreak to be released and then it will be even better.

5. I wanna take pictures n video all of the time.

:)

leslie haw

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi there! I don't think there's much to worry regarding point 3. The iPhone is a pretty strong phone. All I have to say is, enjoy it! Hope you'll grow to love it as much as many of us here do :)

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I don't know why I'm paranoid that my performance somehow has been effected by me trying to take a case off. In my irrational mind I think I bent something inside the iPhone, but that's impossible, isn't it? The phone didn't even bend. Heck, I don't think I can even bend it if I wanted to.

I mean, these things either work or they don't, right?

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site

I personally believe the home screen stutter or "jerk" on the 5S has to do with the accelerometer sensors that also are responsible for the compass/level inaccuracies and poor gaming experience with games that rely on motion controls.

iPhone 5s level and compass issues could be caused by a change in supplier | iMore

Apple seems to have dialed back the momentum that swipes used to be able to carry pages downward or up in Safari. Probably has to do with iOS 7 having a physics based UI. But I don't know.

The backbone of the phone is aluminum. Aluminum is pretty rigid. I myself just try not to apply too much pressure to the glass panels on the back, above and below the aluminum body.

Last edited:

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I personally believe the home screen stutter or "jerk" on the 5S has to do with the accelerometer sensors that also are responsible for the compass/level inaccuracies and poor gaming experience with games that rely on motion controls.

iPhone 5s level and compass issues could be caused by a change in supplier | iMore

Apple seems to have dialed back the momentum that swipes used to be able to carry pages downward or up in Safari. Probably has to do with iOS 7 having a physics based UI. But I don't know.

The backbone of the phone is aluminum. Aluminum is pretty rigid. I myself just try not to apply too much pressure to the glass panels on the back, above and below the aluminum body.

Yeah. The phone didn't bend or anything . It's just the case was rather hard to get off, so I was worried when I was trying to pull it off I might have done something to the phone like bend it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods